• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 27, 2020

    Diablo Update on PTR, should be up tomorrow

    Diablo Update on PTR, should be up tomorrow


    Update on PTR, should be up tomorrow

    Posted: 27 May 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Is a Diablo world where angels are extinct and demons rule both realms really that bad?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    It would seem like the Eternal conflict between Heaven and Hell is merely a fight over territory. Essentially, angels and demons in the Diablo world do not seem to have any significant difference over each other. Archangels like Imperius also display "hatred", Malthael "destruction" while demons also display traits like camaraderie, brotherhood and wisdom. It seems like both are the same dogs, with different collars.

    Their substantial lack of difference is also highlighted by the fact that angels like Izual can ally themselves with demons while demons like Lilith can display some preference for peace and traits like motherhood.

    As far as Nephalems are concerned, Nephalems would even have more reason to ally with the demons because Heaven wanted to initially destroy the Nephalem while hell wanted to use them against Heaven.

    Throughout the three games it doesnt seem like Hell wanted to murder humanity and make them extinct. It was kinda clear that hell wanted to convert humans into demons of some sort. The whole narrative about captured humans being "tormented" seems like propaganda because when Izual was killed in D2 he didnt show any remorse.

    Any thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/bhoyburnnick
    [link] [comments]

    My Blind Diablo II Experience Day 6

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    I apologize for not posting the past few days, I had school related work I needed to get done and it took up a good amount of my time.

    Day 6:

    After sustaining an sudden illness and resting up for several days, I prepare to continue on my quest to assemble the Horadric Staff and to destroy the source of the darkness. Returning to the Far Oasis, I continue past it, in search of the Valley of Snakes to find the Claw Viper Temple. Past the Far Oasis, I venture into the Lost City which wasn't too hard to get through, but since the Lost City isn't my intended destination, I only search for the waypoint for the area before moving to the next, hoping the Valley of Snakes isn't too much further.

    Eventually, I make it to the Valley of Snakes, which is much smaller than I expected as its a relatively small square area with the entrance to the Claw Viper Temple right in the center. Fortunately, the headpiece and the cause of the darkness can be found in the Temple, so I can complete both quests in one place. As I descend into the temple, I am greeted by a mob of Salamanders. I would be lying if I said I didn't get killed by them. Once I respawned back at Lut Gholein, I swapped Holy Fire to Holy Freeze, since it seems Salamanders have a knockback attack and using cold attacks to slow their attacks will make things easier, if only by a bit. Returning to the Temple and kiting them a bit to allow me to get to my corpse, I quickly cleared out the room and heal up before continuing my search. I now realize this probably isn't going to be easy. I also decided to invest a skill point into Zeal, I can't seem to find the comment that recommended this, but it seems to help a bit more since I can hit more than one enemy while keeping the Holy Freeze aura active and it costs a low amount of mana, so I should be able to use it continuously, though I don't know how long that will hold.

    I make it down to the second level where I find the Tainted Sun Alter, as well as a unique Claw Viper that has Enhanced Lightning or whatever that was annoying to deal with, forcing me to use the resist lightning aura to defeat it. I quickly destroy the alter, which dropped a bunch of gold as well as the Amulet of the Viper, which I use the Horadric Cube to combine the amulet with the Staff of Kings to create the Horadric Staff. Returning to the surface, it is much easier to see since the darkness that had tainted the sun has now been lifted. Making my way back to the Lost City waypoint, I return to Lut Gholein.

    Speaking to Drognan, who was glad the sun has been restored, tells me some useful information that will help with finding Tal Rasha's tomb. According to old records, Horazon the great Vizjerei summoner had created his Arcane Sanctuary somewhere near Lut Gholein. He also witnessed the imprisonment of Baal in Tal Rasha's tomb, so if I find the Sanctuary, it is possible more information of the tomb's location, other than Tal Rasha's symbol, may be found. Drognan also spoke with Jerhyn, who says he wants to meet with me about info that may lead to the Sanctuary's secret entrance. Before meeting with Jerhyn, I talk to Deckard Cain about the Horadric Staff that I have assembled. He tells me to take the staff to a chamber with the Circle of Seven Symbols engraved on the floor, found within the tomb, and place it on a receptacle to open the passage to Tal Rasha's chamber. According to him, I'll like have to kill Tal Rasha in order to defeat Baal.

    I meet Lord Jerhyn in front of his palace. He tells me about demons that have been pouring through a rift that had been opened in his harem room, slaying all of the girls found there. His guards tried to stop the onslaught of demons, but they were fighting a losing battle. Since Drognan believes the Arcane Sanctuary is found underneath the palace, as Lut Gholein was built on the site of a former Vizjerei fortress, Jerhyn grants me access to the palace.

    Upon entering the palace, I find a staircase, of which I climb down, leading to the Harem. The first level had no demons in it so I quickly made my way to the second level. The second level was full of undead archers and mages, who use cold magic which make them annoying to deal with if you don't have a constant stream of thawing potions. Clearing the level leads me to the starwell to the palace's cellar. After returning to town to replenish my supply of health potions, I climb down the stairwell.

    The first level of the cellar had many different enemies, such as many undead horror mages with fire magic, who were easier to deal with when I use the resist fire, and assorted demons. The second level also had tons of undead, this time it included archers as well as more mages with poison magic. I'm seeing a trend that every level the mages use different types of magic. For this level, I tried out the Defiance aura, as I wondered how well the 70% defense increase would work, and I've got to say that it does lessen the amount of damage I receive by quite a bit, especially against the constant barrage of arrows those undead archers fire at me, poison damage on the other hand is still annoying since I think it ignores defense when dealing passive damage and that poison damage stacks the more you're hit by a poison attack, though I could be wrong about that. After clearing both the second and third levels, I find a portal in the level of the cellar. Before jumping into the unknown portal, I make a quick town portal to make sure I'm well equipped and, then, I return to find out what's on the other side of the mysterious portal.

    Walking through the portal, I find myself in the Arcane Sanctuary, which seems to be in some weird place, almost as if it's in space. The Sanctuary seems to already have been overrun by demons and the undead. Man this place is quite the labyrinth, there are so many teleports littered around the place, some just place at a teleport across from it, while others take you else where. While I was going through the Arcane Sanctuary, I stumbled upon a sash that green text, not exactly sure what green text means, I'd say it means unique but that's just a guess, but either way I'm sure it's better than the yellow text (rare) items. I needed to use a town portal to go back anyways because I needed to repair my stuff. After repairing my gear, I ask Cain to identify the sash and it turns out to be called Death's Guard with 22 defense, only 12 durability since it's only a sash, +20 defense which explains the 22 defense stat and it prevents me from getting frozen which is great. It also has a list of other items, all listed under Death's Disguise (unless Death's Disguise is also an item), which makes me assume that the sash is part of a group of items. The other two are Death's Hand and Death's Touch. Only issue that I have in wearing the item is I loose a whole row of items compared to the 3 rows I had when I was wearing a belt. I'll probably wear the sash for now, until I find a better one.

    Returning to the Arcane Sanctuary, I continue my search for Horazon's Journal. So far I have went through 3 of 4 of the directions from the waypoint in search for the journal and each of them didn't lead me to it, so I only have the one direction left to go.

    Man this last area within the Sanctuary is very confusing to traverse as it's just a bunch of penrose stairs, or impossible staircases as they are also called. Finally after awhile I have found my way to my objective, which is guarded by the Summoner. Oddly enough, the Summoner went down in only a few hits. Either way, I have reached my destination and obtained Horazon's Journal. Reading the journal, it states that the six glowing symbols that surround the journal are the six false symbols and only the missing one is the real symbol for Tal Rasha. It also states that the Horadrim once set aside their differences with the other mage clans to fight the three evils to leave the Archangel Tyrial unblemished, only to, again, fight amongst each other over petty differences, which only strengthened the evil they have left unattended deep within the earth. Once I finished reading, a portal leading to the Canyon of the Magi, where the six false tombs and the one true tomb of Tal Rasha. After I entered the portal I return to town using the waypoint located right outside it to inform Drognan of Horazon's Journal. He says that the missing symbol is likely being sought after, if not already known, by Diablo. He also warns me that large forces are heading towards Lut Gholein and that I should make haste for Tal Rasha's tomb.

    Using what little time I have left, I prepare my gear and rest up as I will definitely need it for the long battle that awaits me.

    End of Session Stats:

    Zuldylm

    Level: 21

    Strength: 64 -> 66

    Dexterity: 48 -> 51

    Vitality: 53

    Energy: 18 -> 23 (Since Zeal consumes Mana, I wanted to increase my maximum Mana count, even if it only uses 2 mana per use)

    Skill Update:

    Learned Zeal Level 0 -> 2

    End of Day 6:

    Man I played for quite awhile today playing this, to try and make up for the unintended break I took from it. Unfortunately, I feel a little too burned out to continue for today. Since it seems that I am reaching the end of Act II soon, the next session, which will either be tomorrow or Thursday, I will try and go till I reach the end of Act II. I am really liking the game so far and I hope that it only gets better from here.

    submitted by /u/jmfindorff
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy Diablo 2?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    With the recent events of W3 and W3 Classic not being available for download do you think I should buy Diablo 2 (Classic) if they're remastering it?

    submitted by /u/unilateral149
    [link] [comments]

    I really love the lore of Diablo.

    Posted: 27 May 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    So I decided to get D3 for the PS4 a little while ago, and I am really enjoying it. I played a bit when it first came out on PC, but this is the first time I have really got into the game and one thing I really fell in love was the lore. I know some (Probably most) see it as a weakness in the game, but I really love the atmosphere and worldbuilding. I love how the Devil are characterized and how the classes all have their own great little backgrounds that fit into the world of Sanctuary. I also like how the Angels, with a few exceptions, can be seen as being as bad as the Evils.

    I have read on wikis about the past games and stuff, but I am actually gonna play D1 & D2, just to see what the lore is like in those games. I really hope D4 builds upon the lore.

    submitted by /u/Valamist
    [link] [comments]

    Can this portrait come back?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    It was the 99 paragon portrait, and has vanished since seasons were introduced, it was my favorite. http://i.imgur.com/OVUFE.png

    submitted by /u/hi_im_dennis
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox 360 Diablo 3 servers?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    New to the game and just made it to act 5 (thought 4 was the end) just wondering if ill be able to play online once the story is finished or am i too late to the game? I know i need to build a pc i just havent got around to it.

    submitted by /u/thinqs2much
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo II Resurrected: how pure do you want it?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    How pure would you want Diablo II Resurrected to be? How would you feel if increasing to 60 fps meant tripling the number of breakpoints (and changing exactly what they were)? How would you feel about auto gold pickup?

    submitted by /u/minosandmedusa
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Loot Wednesday - 05/27/20

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to week 400 of the Weekly Loot Wednesday thread!

    Have you found something an item so amazing that you can't help but share it? Maybe you found a perfect trifecta Ring of Royal Grandeur, or a Wand of Woh with a socket, but there was no one to see it? Post your awesome loot here, so you can enjoy the fame (and upvotes)! Be sure to check back regularly to see what amazing items others may have found. Show support for this and point people here as this will help keep "look what I found" post from clogging up the front page. Also please consider sorting by new to see what new things people have posted!


    Tips:

    • When posting an image, make sure you crop it and use imgur for the best quality and upvotes.

    • Show the item's stat ranges by holding Ctrl when taking a screenshot.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread or any other ideas, please message the mods.

    submitted by /u/GharbadTheWeak
    [link] [comments]

    If my Tempest Rush cost is less than 30 per second (north breeze rune) and my spirit Regen is 31.64, then why isn't my Tempest Rush infinite?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Spirit cost reduction is 10.18 as well, no sixpiece sets are equipped, and I'm a seasonal char

    submitted by /u/Rawpineapplesonpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a reason the Tristram cathedral is so big?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    I've read the in game lore on 1,2, and 3, including that book from D2. But I don't think it's massive size comes up? (Other than being the perfect setting to kick demon arses)

    submitted by /u/Jed-the-dog
    [link] [comments]

    Any PTR update at all?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    Been almost a week now, has there been any update on it?

    submitted by /u/andrewsbeast
    [link] [comments]

    Best class for a blackthorne set?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    I have some perfect blackthorne pieces and want to try a build. I need tips about the best class to use it....

    I know that is going to be very underpowered but I have time and we don't have ptr yet....

    submitted by /u/paraspamfacebook
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to do an infinite Tempest Rush build on my seasonal character?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    I'm asking in the sense that it seems my spirit Regen has capped as I can't get it to drain slower. If so please help me lol

    submitted by /u/Rawpineapplesonpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Aspect rebirth/replacement

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    The Aspects seem to be permanent entities from what we've seen. Mainly Tyral being reborn after D2 where most angels get replaced. This brings up some interesting questions. Since Tyrael took a mortal form but is still an angel, will he be reborn when he dies? If so, will he be reborn in his mortal form? Or has he given up the right of rebirth all together? If so, does that mean a new Aspect of Justice will be birthed from the Arch? If Izual's soul being corrupted left his spot in the Heavens permanently empty, was Malthael corrupted when he absorbed the black soulstone? Is the Heavens gonna be down two Aspects?

    submitted by /u/North_Rock
    [link] [comments]

    New player here, interested in starting but...

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I recently played the free version just to see what I could get into, and I'm interested in playing Diablo now, but don't know which version to buy, or can I get the expansions later? Because by the looks on the store I would need to buy the whole pack again... i think?

    submitted by /u/E_X_T_R_A_T_H_I_C_C
    [link] [comments]

    This game just does not seem worth it

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    Me and a couple buds played the Minecraft Dungeon game and had a great time, realizing we've been neglecting dungeon crawlers and decided to play diablo 3

    Playing through the Act 1 free to play was abysmal and I had infinitely more fun watching the loading bar as I installed the game

    Is this game worth it. The game was painful but I heard many good things

    Feed back appreciated!!!!

    submitted by /u/brooksbaker
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 4 itemization needs to start small in order to have longevity

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    Whatever system they opt to go for in Diablo 4 for items, it needs to start small. If we blow our load in the first patch, we're going to end up with insanely inflated numbers in no time and be right back where we started.

    If there are uniques with special functions on them, don't release 35 on day one. Release a couple or a few per class, just enough to define a build, and see how it goes.

    I'd be totally happy if we start with basic stats first so we can get used to our builds, but that's only because I'm in this for the long haul but I understand others just want to race through this asap on launch.

    A lot of people say they want rares to play a role in the game again. In D4, I would like a situation where a couple slots might be BIS as a unique, but maybe one or two can be BIS as a rare if you're lucky enough. This pretty much suggests that base stats need to play an influential role in character power. It's on that basis that I hope we start with base stats as our character builders instead of jumping directly into unique effects.

    When I find my first unique, I want to be absolutely stunned by it.

    I fear that if they release too many uniques, they'll mess things up the way runewords did. In the latest iteration of Diablo 2, there are so many runewords that almost every single class uses 2+ on character, and 1+ on mercenary. I love runewords, but there were too many.

    submitted by /u/Sawyermblack
    [link] [comments]

    Breakpoints and Animations

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Is there a place you can find out how many frames each animation is or how many attacks per second a skill is?

    I'm trying to figure out breakpoints for the rgk valor sader. I'd assume 60 frames per animation, and so the breakpoints would be 1 and 2.

    I'm interested in being able to find out breakpoints for other animations like corpse lance too.

    submitted by /u/himthatspeaks
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone on PS4 help me defeat the final boss in story mode?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I'm currently bored shitless playing through my very first game because the difficulty is so easy. I can't increase the difficulty any further until I beat the final boss. Would anyone be down to add me and breeze through the final boss? It would be greatly appreciated. my psn is philippfuelb

    submitted by /u/Brodyseuss
    [link] [comments]

    New class idea a demon

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    Just an interesting thought that maybe one of the demons is fed up being bossed around and separates himself to take on the demon hoard himself. Could be an interesting idea that we haven't seen yet.

    submitted by /u/allstarfbp47
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment