• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 17, 2021

    Diablo D2 Endgame details for newcomers

    Diablo D2 Endgame details for newcomers


    D2 Endgame details for newcomers

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    I've seen posts coming in from new people asking if there's a "D2 Endgame" and what that entails. Below is a quick run-down of the things that would be considered D2 endgame. There's the Pandemonium Event, reaching 99, crafting, PVP, Holy Grail Farming & Diablo Clone Hunting. I personally like Theory-crafting with dozens of build & gear combos.

    1. The Pandemonium Event: (https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Pandemonium_Event)

    In which you gather keys to open portals to fight the "uber" versions of the Act bosses to obtain the Hellfire Torch, which is a large charm that has x3 to skills and various other attributes (https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Hellfire_Torch) .

    *Note: You must open all the portals in the same game otherwise you may re-open a previously completed portal and have to farm more keys.

    1. Reaching 99: (https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Diablo_2_Level_Up_Guide_v1.10)

    The level cap in this game is 99. But its not like WoW, it literally takes hundreds of hours of farming experience in order to reach this level and many race for it at the start of each ladder to immortalize their player names. People also like to compete for 'world firsts' when it comes to killing baal or other act bosses in all 3 difficulties.

    3. Crafting: (https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Crafting_Recipes)

    You can spend thousands of hours crafting or gambling various rare items to use for hundreds of possible build combinations since in D2 the "best" items in the game for certain slots are actually random rares, not the uniques (or "legendaries" in D3). Even beating high level runewords in some cases.

    4. PVP:

    Many players love to min/max their PVP gear and fight other players. I've spent many years with many fun PVP builds for each class. Druid being my favorite.

    1. Holy Grail Farming: (mostly for single player, but with the new shared stash, will be easy on Bnet for D2R)

    Simply finding every item in the game. This can take many months or longer depending on your luck. Some items are so rare that its essentially winning the actual lottery when it drops for you. (tyraels might, mang-songs)

    -Runeword farming: maybe a sub-category? Finding any high runes are extremely rare, so finding enough high runes to create high-level runewords like Enigma, Infinity and BOTD can take months of farming by itself. (http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-original.shtml)

    1. Diablo Clone Hunting: (https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:_Diablo_Clone_Hunting_v1.10,_by_Camintoi)

    You sell SOJs to summon Diablo's clone who drops the Annihilus small charm that has similar stats to the Hellfire Torch with a bonus to experience gained of 5-10%. You summon him by selling a specific number of a unique ring called the Stone of Jordan or "SOJ". Diablo's Clone will spawn in a random public game on certain servers only when a specific number of SOJS are sold on that specific server. (this dynamic may change in D2R)

    I hope this helps. There's technically no "Official Endgame" for D2 so Feel free to add anything i missed below. :)

    submitted by /u/Billymays1864
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Blizzard/Vicarious Visions, War Cry is an attack not a support skill, can it please have it place on the Left Mouse click?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    Ideally all skills would be enabled on both sides but considering that War Cry is an attack, it clearly belongs in the left click spot like all the other damage skills

    submitted by /u/Power_Creep
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to tell the diablo 3 devs thanks for having single player pause.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    I hope they read the sub reddit. So many games have no pause now days. Some gamers have busy lives and have to game in-between interruptions. Last Epoch doesn't have single player pause. Neither does Path of Exile nor torchlight 3 or Outriders. The pause is slowly being forgotten in gaming and that really sucks. I know d3 didn't start with it but they added it in later at the players request and I just want them to know that hasn't been forgotten and I want to say thanks. As much as I'd like to play those other games the Diablo series gets most my game time for the simple fact it can be paused. My best friend with 3 little kids also says thanks as well. I'm guessing Diablo 4 won't have pause cause of it's mmo vibes it is given me but I am hoping. I just don't want developers to forget about pause cause not every gamer has huge blocks of free uninterrupted game time. Game on.

    submitted by /u/Zargo1z
    [link] [comments]

    I want the new Controller UI for KB/M in D2:R

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    I tried playing with both a PS 4 Controller and Xbox controller, both are natively supported in D2:R. I can't help but want the same UI for playing my character on keyboard an mouse. I don't see why I can't have a hot bar that casts skills like button presses in KB/M mode. It seems a little short sighted that PC players wouldn't want single button casting for KB/M. I think you could keep the same inventory and skill management system, and just allow us to assign skills to keys on the bar. It would be a nice improvement, and it could be made optional. The infrastructure and design is already there, so I don't think it's a massive ask but would probably require some development and testing.

    submitted by /u/Deckz
    [link] [comments]

    Tyrael's Might in D2 Resurrected

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    Started Diablo 3 this week.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    Good morning all,

    I have started Diablo 3 this week. I am new to the game but really liked the campaign. Love the grind and loot, and managed to finish my first campaign completion on torment 2. And I am looking forward to playing the seasons.

    I was wondering if there are any active European clans on PS 4/5 to join and teach me more about the game to help me ceep pushing these difficulty lvls.

    Thanx in advance!

    Ps. English is not my first language, so excuse me for my grammer.

    submitted by /u/Yokert010
    [link] [comments]

    There was an online interview with Rob Gallerani and Chris Amaral in Korea (Sorry for no translation)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:11 AM PDT

    Can set pieces of other classes drop?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    For example, if I'm trying to get tal Rasha's set with my necro, will it drop? Do I have to play wizard for it to drop?

    submitted by /u/morgoth910
    [link] [comments]

    D2: Insight on brandistock Nightmare Act 3?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    I've had a heck of a time finding a four-socket pole arm. This is the second one I've found. Naturally, the damage is low. I don't know if this matters. Likewise, I don't know if a slower weapon is inadvisable for the same rune word.

    Should I wait for a pole arm with higher damage? Even if it is slower?

    Naturally, this is for my Act 2 mercenary. He's carrying Hwanin's Justice at the moment.

    submitted by /u/MightyMississippi
    [link] [comments]

    Waypoint by Landon Morgan - Denver, CO. Custom waypoint inspired by D2 Act 1 waypoints.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:42 PM PDT

    Still haven't recieved Dark Wanderer transmog/wings on Xbox despite purchasing Blizzard Arcade Collection during Blizzcon.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    At first I figured the set just hadn't come to console, despite the Rein skin unlocking immediately, assuming that a later update would introduce it. But I realized today it's been nearly two months since then, and I still haven't recieved my transmog.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/KinKaze
    [link] [comments]

    D1?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Is there anyone that has D1? I'd love to play it again. I had the disc at one tone but I'm in the military and I move every three years. It's been lost in one of my moves. Is it online somewhere that I can download? I have no issues paying for it (as long as it's the full game and I would like to play the expansion to it as well) I realize rule 8 days not to buy/sell/trade/ beg for the games. But I'm not trying to do that. I just want to know where I can find it.

    submitted by /u/Kyadaa
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a good Necro build for bounty farming and speedrunning rifts?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    So i started my first necro this season and im using the gift set, my build at this point only really requires getting ancients and primals of items i already have, the build is good, except one problem: its fast enought to beat rifts, not to speed run them, as its main damage dealer is a high cooldown ability, AND i also need to do avarice for the journey, and i'd rather have a faster bounty grind.

    so, what build is good for doing rifts in under 5min or for farming bounties fast.

    submitted by /u/brunocar
    [link] [comments]

    BlueTracker | Compilation of Blizzard's comments of the week

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    Follow us on r/blue_tracker and @blue_tracker


    You will find all comments below

    submitted by /u/blue_trackerbot
    [link] [comments]

    Andariel runs are Epic in D2R!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    [D2R] All NPC's & act 1 & 2 Town in details

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    Any good? or charsi

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    Some context for the original intent behind the Amazon's design and why VV's version is not faithful to it

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    As it becomes clearer and clearer that Vicarious Visions is happy with the current D2R character designs, I'd like to provide some more feedback and go into some of the context behind the original character designs. In particular I'd like to focus on the class who's redesign is arguably the most questionable - the Amazon.

    One of the best publicly available sources of information about Diablo 2's development is a fantastic book called Stay Awhile and Listen by David L. Craddock. David compiled the material for his book by interviewing dozens of Blizzard North developers over the span of several years. Chapter 8 of Book 2 goes into some detail on how the Amazon character class was originally conceived. First of all, the Amazon was actually the first class the team decided to work on.

    Over several months, the team settled on five classes. The Amazon was the first. "The character team decided they wanted to work on a hot chick first, and that's what they did," explained David Brevik.

    The Amazon actually went through two very distinct iterations. The first one, although wildly different, shared one key characteristic with the final design: sex appeal.

    Kris Renkewitz, the Amazon's original artist, sketched a tall, fearsome woman who wore bracers that coiled down her arms; animal-skin boots; and mummy-like wrappings that covered her most intimate parts, leaving most of her body exposed. Her hair was short and spiky, her visage grim and feral. "I designed the character to be, well, like an amazon. She was a giant chick. Her helmet looked different, her armor looked different, her weapons were weird. It wasn't just a girl with a pony tail and wearing leather," Kris added, referring to the hero's completed form.

    The Amazon most people know and love was actually designed by a completely different artist, Phil Shenk. Phil was a new hire at the time, and the Amazon's redesign was one of the first projects he got to work on and a way for him for prove himself in the eyes of the team.

    Pulling up the most recent prototype of Diablo II, Phil's enthusiasm gave way to concern. […] What really stood out to him was the Amazon. She moved in slow, floaty lurches, as if wading through water, and she was too fearsome for Phil's tastes. Firing up 3D Studio Max, he overhauled the hero into a bombshell: tall, fierce, and powerful, with long golden hair pulled back into a ponytail, and a bust chest and curvaceous figure that filled out her skintight leather armor. When the rest of the guys extolled his design, Phil breathed a sigh of relief.

    The Amazon's sexual attractiveness was one of defining features of Blizzard North's vision for her that persisted through iterations. While VV certainly got the tall, fierce and powerful part right, they've completely missed the mark on everything else.

    You might think I'm blowing this out of proportion, but keep in mind that the Amazon's design is just one example. The alpha is riddled with subtle alterations that are aimed at not just toning down the sexual content, but controversial material in general. One example of such material would be religious imagery, which used to be a staple of Diablo. This includes replacing the Christian cross on the Paladin's Holy Shield with a more vague symbol and removing the iconic animated pentagrams from the game's pause menu.

    I believe North's vision is what makes Diablo 2, well, Diablo 2, and to change it to fit modern sensibilities and avoid controversies means to distort Diablo 2 into something different. At the end of the day, I believe one of the main goals for Resurrected is winning the old fans back after the controversies of the recent years, and I think the best way to do so is to stay as close to the original vision as possible.

    Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

    submitted by /u/Crypto2k
    [link] [comments]

    So this is my first time playing Diablo

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    I came across a boss called "the Butcher". No matter how hard i try i can't beat him. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/kutle_merkezi
    [link] [comments]

    accidently used wrong launcher

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    hey guys i accidentally used the wrong launcher on the cracked d2r and it looged me in on my battle.net on my account and now i can see that i have the game the launcher and the installation and play button is grayed out will this get me banned i fear for my account XD was a little to hasty with instructions lol

    submitted by /u/fflamish
    [link] [comments]

    New Player - Got my set what’s next?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    With the upcoming release of D2R, D2 being the game that got me into PC gaming all those years back, I've jumped back into D3. I haven't played since beating the campaign shortly after release.

    Anyways, I just got my set from completing the chapters on my Wizard. I'm able to kill stuff rather easily in torment X but did pretty quickly as well. What should I be aiming for now? Pushing higher and higher grifts? Do I replace the set with legendaries? I'm just feeling a bit lost. This set is really fun to use too so would love to keep it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ruger15
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment