• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 11, 2021

    Diablo Cannot Wait To Play D2R Like A FILTHY Casual!

    Diablo Cannot Wait To Play D2R Like A FILTHY Casual!


    Cannot Wait To Play D2R Like A FILTHY Casual!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    I WONT be reading any guides. I WONT be putting all my stat points into Vitality. I WONT be playing a Sorceress. And I WONT be spamming only Baal Runs for farming.

    At least not early on. I'm gonna enjoy the fuck outta this game I've not played in 15 years. I'm gonna fuck up a couple builds completely. I'm gonna get softlocked @ Hell Act 1.

    All my friends are talking about playing Sorcs and Summoners. I'ma use them for their loot-farming potential. "Dude I can totally tank better for you if u gimme that armor!"

    I'm ready, baby!

    submitted by /u/SnakeDoctur
    [link] [comments]

    This job posting indicates Vicarious Visions will be working on Diablo IV in some capacity. Should we get on the hype train now?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    My thought on D2R (lucker with alpha access)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    English is not my main language so their might be some mistakes

    Hi everyone, I am one of the few lucky non streamer who had the luck to try the alpha and so here are my thoughts about D2R Technical alpha:

    Sadly, I was quite busy this weekend and I couldn't play as much as I would ☹

    Feeling overhaul: Great game is looking amazing I really felt like I was playing old D2 like I saw it when I was younger. Graphics are gorgeous and swapping between old and new ones really Is amazing. I can tell you; you will swap between graphics all the time to see the evolution 😊.

    The character select screen is gorgeous it's a great idea and I can't wait to see the background of the 3 last acts.

    · Classes:

    Sorceress: It's the class I have played the most (up to 26) and it's my favourite class from original d2.
    Love the model 0 mistake here.
    Fire skills looks amazing (the best looking of the 3 trees) especially meteor and the useless inferno

    Lighting skills: looks good overhaul but for me lighting/chain lighting seems "too thin" so for me it was feeling less powerful than the original skills. Nova is looking great all others light skills look ok.

    Cold skills: For me it's the skill tree which need a little bit of work but not that much.
    The 3 bolt skills (ice bolt/ice blast/glacial spike) super good nothing to change.
    Frost nova looks amazing for me it's the best-looking cold skill. The 3 cold amor skills nothing too much to say about it the effect look the same when launch (like the old game)

    Frozen orb: the spiky orb is looking weird for me I would prefer a clean orb, but the bolt look great, and the light effect is gorgeous.

    Blizzard: is sadly the less impressive of the skills. I was expecting a powerful feeling using it, but it is clearly not the case. The bolt/spike falling seems too thin/too small in comparison with the old version. For me 2 possibilities keep the same size it is but make it rain faster so it feels like it's a blizzard. 2nd possibilities keep the same falling speed but make the bolt/spike bigger and longer.

    Amazon: I have played it until level 18 (so some of the stuff is speak about is from what I saw on streams)

    One of my other favourite class. Clearly the model is better than the 1st one we saw but I still thing it needs a little bit of work.

    Magic and passive: Not much to say about them because there is not much effect in game, but Inner sight and slow projectile looks nice.

    Bow and crossbow looks good specially fire skills. I think we can't see very well the multiple arrows from Strafe and Multishot, but it might be because I only saw low level version of the skill with small amount of arrow.

    Javelin and Spear: Physical skills looks Ok. For poison javelin and plague javelin the poison cloud seems a bit to light for me like ok its poisonous, but it doesn't feel that poisonous (but I can't tell if it's because of the size of the cloud the colour not "green enough" or the particle effect)

    For the lighting skills power strike and charged strike look good no change needed.
    For lighting strike I have the same issue that I have for lighting or chain lighting. The lighting seems to thin so for me it's look like less powerful.

    Lightning Fury was for me the best looking/most fun to see skill in original game. Here the bolt looks weird (long blue lines). It doesn't look bad but like for blizzard the original version looks better/feels more powerful.

    Barbarian: Played until level 19. Not a lot to say because lot of skills are physical or passive but:

    Model looks great, warcries look super nice but the jump (like in the old version) looks weird.

    · Items:

    Overhaul items looks super goods but some of them need a bit of a rework:

    Potions, gems, jewellery are the less convincing specially the pentagram amu.

    The chain gloves kind a look like oven gloves to me.

    · Monsters:

    They are the reason why I kept switching between legacy and new graphics all the time.
    Not because I couldn't recognize them, they are all clearly identifiable but just to see the improvement. Not a single monster has deceived me. I especially loved the Arach/ghost/Sand maggot and Duriel.

    · Bugs:

    The only "bug" I had is the one you where the map not instant loading when you top too fast and too far.

    Not sure if it is a bug but TP seems to go a bit further than in the original D2.

    · Other:

    Lot of people might not agree with me on this one, but I feel that the game is darker than the original one especially in the darkest places (catacombs, jail etc etc) and I think it's a bit too much, just a little bit. It might come from the light radius from the monster being less visible, but I think they need to give just a little bit bigger light radius to monsters. The game is still clearly playable with these light settings.

    Frozen/cold monster or characters looks too much pale. It needs to be a darker blue.

    · Not in alpha but want to see.

    Breakpoint in the advance stat display (Yes even after 15+ years of D2 I don't know every single breakpoints)

    A place where all cube recipe and runeword are listed.

    Some minor change in the bodies of dead rogues/bodyguards you can find in act1 and 2. Every rogues/mercenaries corpse you found are the same face/hair/armour in the original game it was bothering me because we couldn't really saw their faces but now it is like there are all twins ^^

    To conclude I would say that the fact that the only "negatives points" being only visual/graphic stuff show that the game is in a great way. It feels like diablo 2 it plays like diablo 2 and with some few graphical tweaks this game is going to be even mor awesome.

    TL DR: Looks amazing all the "issues" are almost 100% graphic tweaks game going to be great I'm sure.

    submitted by /u/Glatika
    [link] [comments]

    Vicarious Visions has been on fire.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    First the Crash remasters, then Tony Hawk remasters, now I heard they are on the right track for D2R, it's time to put some respect on their names. Wish they would've done WC3 Reforged

    submitted by /u/lawlzillah
    [link] [comments]

    This D3 season is the most fun I've had playing the game.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    I am as hyped as anyone for D2R, but while waiting for it I dived back into D3 this weekend. The Follower update is great! Gets rid of all those annoying issues around needing multiple gearsets for Death's Breath farming as having your follower use Cain's and Sage's sets is just awesome. Likewise not having to sacrifice a gear spot for Nemesis Bracer's proc.

    With my favorite class being Wizard, I tried out the new Firebird's set and holy shit it is just fun as hell. Spewing laser beams everywhere, while teleporting around setting Explosive Blasts on everyone is just amazing. It's just so damn enjoyable.

    So I want to give thanks to the developers who worked on it for breathing a little bit of new life into a game that I paid for NINE years ago now, and giving me a very enjoyable weekend's gaming.

    submitted by /u/swills300
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer Alpha Opt-In button on diablo2.blizzard.com

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    Multiplayer Alpha Opt-In button on diablo2.blizzard.com

    Maybe nothing but Blizzard has hanged the button name on Diablo2.blizzard.com. Earlier it was "Tech Alpha Opt-In" and now is "Multiplayer Alpha Opt-In". The button is at the bottom of the page.

    Don't know if this is the same list and players don't have to opt in again but if it would be the same list it should already showed me that I was opted-in. Instead I could sign up again.

    I gues that can be related to info from this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/moh5r3/diablo_2_resurrected_technical_alpha_in_korea_is/

    https://preview.redd.it/rto6trsg0js61.png?width=762&format=png&auto=webp&s=ce62c5e8a90dc99b77bb1536a05f176a45989ddd

    submitted by /u/siomer
    [link] [comments]

    Captain Nugget.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    [Diablo 2] What act/city would you like to live in and why?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 02:40 PM PDT

    So, since I wasn't invited to the alpha testing I have too much time to think about random stupid stuff. What city/act would you live in if you had a chance and why?

    For myself it would probably be Lut Gholein: warm-ish weather, possibly good food and spices available (Oriental, middle-east vibe), history and mythology seem to be very interesting, harbor available for distance trips and trade, direct route available to Kurast Docks for more serious and twisted crap.

    Act I has too much rain, marshes and wet feet. Act III is too much for me, it's like horror movie, mosquitos, witchery, human sacrifice altars, fucking spiders and poison darts. Act IV is pure depression, Mordor like life/soul traps and threats, demons and nightmares. Act V is just too much snow and ice, scarce food, not enough clothes to keeps me warm, Conan like setting and I don't wanna die out in the cold.

    submitted by /u/nixass
    [link] [comments]

    D2R alpha - HDR Support?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Just wondering if anyone if alpha access can chime in regarding HDR support?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/2blentendre
    [link] [comments]

    Nintendo Switch Online and Seasonal Couch Coop

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    Recently bought Diablo 3 on the switch since it was on sale. Had the itch to play again and hadn't played the console version. Thought I could get the wife involved this time around since I've heard and seen the couch coop is pretty great.

    She has a profile on the switch and even linked her profile to a Nintendo online account but appears her profile also needs an active switch online subscription if we're going to do couch coop with seasonal characters.

    Not the end of the world if we play with non-seasonal since it's her first go but it would be nice to make sure she's getting the full experience.

    Am I missing something or is it required that we both have switch online subscriptions to play coop seasonal characters

    *Edit that I'll add that I have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription for Mario Kart and Smash. Just confirming that she also needs one to make a seasonal character even if we're just playing couch coop.

    submitted by /u/Ltjenkins
    [link] [comments]

    [D2R - Announce Trailer] Diablo's fire nova attack now undodgeable?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    [D2R - Announce Trailer] Diablo's fire nova attack now undodgeable?

    I've noticed this from the announce trailer:

    Diablo's Fire Nova attack, seemingly a full circle now.

    If you look at it closely, you can see it's a full, closed circle now. For comparison, this is how it used to be:

    Diablo's original fire nova attack.

    As you can see (and probably remember!) the attack used to expand over the distance and this would let you dodge the attack in some form or another. That seems to be impossible with the remaster, at least judging from the announce trailer.

    What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/Krydar
    [link] [comments]

    What are your nitpicks? (Diablo 2: resurrected)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:54 AM PDT

    Overall the game is looking pretty great. Here I invite you to nitpick. Non-whiners are not welcome here.

    My nitpicks: - They changed the sound skeletons make when they get hit. It's more realistic but sounds less crunchy and satisfying. - when corrupted rogues die there is a bison skull instead of a soul (the effect does look awesome though) - the barbarian has bad posture. The hunched shoulders imply his training regiment is too chest focused.

    submitted by /u/HanKenobi
    [link] [comments]

    Will there be a physical copy of D2R? With everything it entails. A remaster of a standard setting, genre defining masterpiece like D2 deserves to have a physical version, many will be playing it for the 1st time and should own a memorable copy of it, instead of just downloading it.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    Will you play mainly single player or b net when d2 resurrected is released?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:37 PM PDT

    Will you go solo or b net when playing d2 resurrected?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Ggthefiree2
    [link] [comments]

    Last call! Doing some final tests on my alpha key including things like ultrawide, controller play, etc. Let me know what you want to know!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    In the title, delete if it's not allowed but I've assembled my list of questions to answer and I'm curious what the community wants to know. Willing to spend my last night with the alpha testing!

    submitted by /u/RavenThePlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Isn't great?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    Ps4 whirlwind barb

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    Looking to see if anyone plays on Ps4 and if so if they have an extra Recipe for the Staff of Herding

    submitted by /u/-rycerski
    [link] [comments]

    Something is wrong this season. Have crashed over 5 times now.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    Ive been playing Diablo since Season 10, and I cant recall a time that the game froze or crashed. Lag, whether its too much on screen or the Battle.net servers, sure. But just now I was farming the cache bounties, and it just froze, then grey screened 3 bounties from completion. Seriously demoralizing. Has anyone else been having problems with this season? Am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/DeathDealerWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone played it on 4k? How well does it run?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Anyone tested the alpha on a 4k display?

    What are your PC specs and how well did the game run?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Askon
    [link] [comments]

    Does reforging a legendary reroll it's legendary attribute? [Diablo 3 EC]

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    What I mean by this is, I have a ninth cerro satchel with give me 600% increased damage (very lucky drop) but I want to reforge it and keep the 600%

    submitted by /u/shinyfinder256
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment