• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 18, 2020

    Diablo Just dreaming: no community D2 remaster?

    Diablo Just dreaming: no community D2 remaster?


    Just dreaming: no community D2 remaster?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:46 AM PST

    I mean. If people like this guy:

    ... And this other:

    ... And this:

    And this dude:

    ... And some more...

    ... If they all could join forces, I can't imagine what an awesome thing we could get.

    Of course, everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their own time and decide if they want to share or not the resources of their work, but to me is hard to not think about it.

    My point: there're many projects out there with a huge degree of D2 tweaking like Median, Path of Diablo, Slashdiablo, etc. Art-wise, I also see everyday fans making recreations of different Blizzard assets, like the ones posted above. We have also the closest attempt with The Curse of Tristram... With other "brother" Blizzard games, even sometimes people redid the entire game programming from scratch (thinking about MangOS WoW). Now we have the guy redoing the game in a web browser ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/epa5hx/diablo_2_upscaled_the_rogue_encampment_playable/ )...

    So I see a lot of people really hungry of D2, many parallel projects, but it sounds strange to me that nobody still took the initiative of trying to get the people together for a 2020 version of our beloved game, and I'm convinced that if someone lead, many others will come from everywhere.

    I've been exploring the option of going that way, but trust me, I don't have the necesary art or programming or leading skills to do that... I have all Maya, Blender, Unreal Engine 4, zBrush and Substance Painter installed in my PC, but I'm nowhere capable of making a tiny fraction of the Rogue Encampment or putting together a body and a face I found out there in order to redo the the Amazon character. Really, this is all I've been able to do, even using the free Quixel/Epic Games assets, and I'd feel shame if I had to tell you how long it took to me to do it: https://imgur.com/fcD5AJx

    So nobody interested in leading that project?

    submitted by /u/trollacodel15
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 1 quests were leagues above Diablo 3s! (The Untold Tragedy of IZUAL THE FALLEN ANGEL)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:35 PM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53D8XWBHMeM

    Watching this gave me that true Diablo feeling I've been chasing since I was a kid. So much better than anything Diablo 3 had to offer by a mile. I think the context of being in a small town with real characters gave it a good start. Then having to actually talk to towns folk for clues in order to complete the quest made it worth it - talking to NPCs had a real purpose, you wanted to, and the story was great.
    Then you hit roadblocks, and have to think about it. What next? What else can I try? What am I missing? It wasn't just "Go press this button. Gold star here's a bag of loot!", it was engrossing storytelling through a mentally challenging quest.

    Please Blizzard make D4 have quests EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE

    submitted by /u/KurtiZ_TSW
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 1 in browser, how to make right click not open menu?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Barbarian builds: Why cube Fury/Gavel and use Fjord/Remorseless and Echoing Fury

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:18 PM PST

    Is it because the buffs outweigh the damage loss plus better synergy with ORotZ?

    submitted by /u/M37h3w3
    [link] [comments]

    Crossbows in D2 Classic

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    I`m aware xBows aren`t worth it in the end game, but is it the same case in Classic? As a comparison, staves are worthless in the expansion but they are not trash in Classic.Currently making a zon using doomslinger in NM and doing well so far, LV 31 act 1.

    submitted by /u/jq93t7
    [link] [comments]

    End of Season

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:33 PM PST

    First time playing a season and wondering what happens with character, gear, stash and paragon points when it ends.

    Can anyone advise

    submitted by /u/mirdragon
    [link] [comments]

    Honest question; Was Real Money Auction House a bad thing? Was the idea or implementation bad? Or do you think the RMT would have helped the community, and developers?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:55 AM PST

    Leaderboards

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 04:48 AM PST

    Does it annoy anyone else that the leaderboards are just overrun and plagued with cheaters with modded gear that take the fun right out of the game? What's even the point of modding to the point where you do an additional 1,000,000,000% damage and the game presents absolutely no difficulty or challenge to it anymore? I thought Blizzard also used to be on top of banning cheaters and deleting their accounts. I feel like they don't care anymore.

    submitted by /u/JayRad1985
    [link] [comments]

    cow level entering gone wrong -_-

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Lol so i got that wooden leg stick thing and put it in the horadric cube right? and then i also put the home town portal book in right? i hit combine and literally nothing happpens wtf? btw i did do this in the rouge camp. where's the red portal, man? do i need to kick diablo's ass first? i'm on act IV so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. i wanna hang out with cow bois so help please you bl0kes.

    submitted by /u/Brin001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment