• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 15, 2019

    Diablo World first 150 Solo Crusader by Wudijo

    Diablo World first 150 Solo Crusader by Wudijo


    World first 150 Solo Crusader by Wudijo

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:26 AM PST

    If goat men are essentially human... does that mean they could become Goat-Nephalem? :O

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:43 PM PST

    Just picked up the game and am trying necro, but I'm already kinda bored with my summoner build

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:24 PM PST

    It's a little too passive for me. Standing in place spamming bone spikes while my army kills everything definitely is making progression easy, but it's not very fun.

    What are some good, interactive necro builds that don't revolve around summons? I've been debating trying a build around corpse lance or explosion, with land of the dead to add some spice.

    submitted by /u/BentheBruiser
    [link] [comments]

    Lets brainstorm better names for the new Powers (Angelic, Demonic, Ancestral)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 09:10 PM PST

    Quote from Noxious:

    "The Diablo world is so good when it pulls you in with resonant elements, right? It's trying to create a fantasy for everything. But Angelic Power, Demonic Power and Ancestral Power feel very gameified to me.

    I would like if Angelic Power was called something different like 'Sanctity', 'Purity', and not 'Holy' but something like that.

    If Demonic Power was called something like 'Corruption', 'Dread' or 'Malevolence' right? There are a lot of ways to name this that doesn't sound like.... I don't want X Power, you know? It's definitely a thing where the more you fall into the pattern of calling things by their effect, the less it feels like your character is within a world.

    Ancestral Power could be called 'Ancestry', 'Humanity', or 'Balance'. Like you could have 'Purity', 'Corruption' and 'Balance'.

    There are a lot of ways you could do the naming and while Angelic, Demonic and Ancestral Powers are invocative of the themes in Diablo, I think they actually suck. They feel lame, and I can't believe I'm using these words but they feel like they are straight our of a shitty mobile game. "

    So lets start brainstorming ideas for names!

    After this has run for a while I will put them all together in a poll and we can vote on what we think (as a community) the names should be.

    submitted by /u/KurtiZ_TSW
    [link] [comments]

    I don't get people that are against complexity

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 12:45 PM PST

    I've been reading a lot of comments saying a game like POE is too complex to enjoy. Even though I disagree I think the problem with POE is not it's complexity but the way the complexity is presented in the game. When you are starting to play it can scares the shit out of people because they don't explain the systems that well.

    I'm not a hardcore POE player at all and rarely used guides but I was able to reach the beginning of the end game (I personally don't really care about min max). I enjoyed a lot of the game trying different things and making mistakes.

    That being said my point is that people who are just after a good brawling shouldn't even care about complexity on the game. Diablo 3 for example can give you a really nice action package even if you are playing normal story mode. Why shoud you care about the complexity of the end game if the end game is no different to you? If the game comes with good action like Diablo 3 isn't enough? If it's all about good combat and brawling it doesn't matter if the end game is complex, you don't have to play it... Just keep playing in a lower difficulty setting.

    The feeling I'm getting is that people who don't invest much in the game wants to be as powerful as people who invest a lot. People who train and study will be more powerful in any area of life, why the game should be different? Why everyone shoud be the same and have the same power?

    submitted by /u/bvgross
    [link] [comments]

    The important Skill System feedback / discussion - Part 2

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 11:29 AM PST

    This is a continuation of my last post (I updated it with other points if you haven't read it yet).

    I decided to create this because I read through all the comments and realized that there are very different opinions on the subject of skill systems. I will try to make some points that defend the point of view in my case, and address some of the critics that it have, and open up for further discussion.

    First I should clarify that I don't think they should copy D2, GD or TQ or any other skill tree. They should develop their own new and interesting one. They should NOT lock characters in builds, that's the entire point of respecs.


    Why is this a good idea?

    Diablo 4 should be an action ROLE-playing game, not an arcade shooter. You should play roles and choose your way, instead of playing the same character as everyone else with all skills available to you. This model have been used through arpgs, rpgs, mmos so many times, there is absolutely no reason to reinvent the wheel.

    Yes, some builds will be popular because they are better. But this will happen regardless of the system. As of right now they will rebalance the game each season dictating the way the best build will be.

    If the people with the best builds would like to play this way, it probably is a good idea (I won't). But if I were to create a character that have the best build of the class and suddenly was nerfed I would not like it, and I think that you should be able to count on the game. Also I'm concerned they easily could destroy season after season with imbalance and bugs this way.

    Next thing is like Quin and Rhykker have said: The game need us to be OVERWHELMED not UNDERWHELMED. The game needs to keep the hardcore gamers / streamers interested, because it is them who will keep a lot of people exited about the game, and without the hardcore fan base the game will die down.

    I can say one thing about D4's current skill system. I am VERY underwhelmed by it. And I'm not even a hardcore gamer.

    Make it complex, deep, make us choose our way and build up our character. Make the leveling meaningful, instead of "skipping" to 70.

    The argument with "Illusion of variety" is in my opinion off. What is an illusion even? A choice is a choice. The choice doesn't need to be the best one available. The problem is that in D3 it is an efficiency and GR competition.

    Instead of that, create a max boundary where you have reached "your ultimate power level". You shouldn't have to meaninglessly grind to infinity. This boundary could be far away, so only a little portion of the playerbase reaches it. Once people have reached it, they can PvP or maybe grind for cosmectics which some suggested, or help other players out, maybe craft stuff with the crafting system or make a fortune trading, maybe proffesions even.

    This way they could make MANY builds viable in the endgame, ONE will still be the best, but many will be VIABLE. Because with the boundary, many builds will be able to grind so much that the builds can do the final end game (not the best, most efficeint way, but they (or at least many builds) CAN do it).

    I would argue that in D3 only one per class is VIABLE, the one that gets furthest in the infinite competition.

    Also with a max boundary the competition won't be endless, and people will turn into playing and exploring different builds because they don't feel the need to grind on when they have reached their goal of their character and want to try out other ways of playing, and build up a collection of characters or have characters with different purposes.


    Why do they want every skill to be availabe?

    I have thought a lot about this, and I can't find a reason for it other than they want to dumb it so much down that a 7 year old or younger can play the game. But with the blood and gore of the D4 trailer, the game is clearly NOT aimed 7 year olds.

    If people can install and/or open the game, they can also open a skill window.

    I thought about this because in D3 you can play the game without actually even opening the skill window, and while I think it is very NICE and SIMPLE to have the game so incredibly accessible, I think it is also incredibly BORING to have everything available to you.

    If they want to please both hardcore and casual gamers and all ages of people, maybe create a system where the first skills you get will allow you to get through the game, so it is simple, accessible, nice and easy to learn for beginners. But to master the game and get very far, you should have to make choices and play a ROLE like with a skill tree or similar for the skills you get later on (this is just a suggestion I think they can come up with better ones).

    They could also make more skill trees like the devotion tree in Grim Dawn, and/or with each class having different sub-classes, like Barbarian could be "Juggernaut", "Berserker" or "Blademaster" (like in the D3 alpha). There is so much creative space in that regard they could follow. Instead now it is a screen with all skills and points. No creativity at all.

    To me it is important that it should be skills you choose and not only passives, because choices between passives are just vague, and D4 should be a a revolutionary game, not an underwhelming game (at least to a large part of the fan base).


    These are my thoughts, would love to hear more opinions, because as I've stated, this is IMO the most important things they should change.

    EDIT: Typos

    submitted by /u/kasperja
    [link] [comments]

    What manner of being is Tyrael after losing his wings?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:57 PM PST

    After tearing off his wings, Tyrael became "mortal". But a mortal what?

    Clearly he is not a Nephalem. Is he a "human"? I dunno. Is a "human" specifically a watered-down Nephalem, or can any "mortal humanoid with no special status" be categorized as "human"?

    Or is Tyrael the only known member of a new race of mortal angels?

    submitted by /u/SpectrumDT
    [link] [comments]

    Return of the Sin War?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:40 PM PST

    The Prime Evils (Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal) acknowledged the role of mankind in the Eternal Conflict and sought to corrupt them. It doesn't make sense that the Angiris Council doesn't find potential in them. Given the current situation of the Worldstone, there is nothing else for them to fight for except humans.

    Is it about time for humans to be weaponized by Heaven and Hell?


    With the current lore, some angels are racist towards human, particularly Malthael and Imperius and those under their wing (no pun intended). This hinders the idea. I wish for simpler times of the old lore, where angels disguised themselves to gain the trust of mortals. Pride, hatred, and vested self-interest are not angelic traits.

    If ever they try to influence mortals, it doesn't necessarily mean angels would form a religion as this could conflict with the Zakarum faith. When Tyrael formed the Horadrim, he didn't intend it to be a religion, but a martial order of mages to combat the Prime Evils. Maybe the angels could form something semi-religious and mainly a philosophical set of principles and virtues that reflect the values of Heaven, including martial and magical disciplines, and perhaps organization and government.

    submitted by /u/ArcTriumvirate
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question about the Gibbering Gemstone.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 12:11 PM PST

    I've been through the caverns of frost a handful of times now. If I haven't been led astray, a monster called 'Chiltara' has a slight chance of dropping it.

    Is that accurate?

    submitted by /u/AurulentAvenger
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know what am i doing

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 05:14 PM PST

    Is the game broken now that groups and even solo players are clearing 150's on the reg?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:53 AM PST

    Like, what's left? Groups are competing to get a sub 3 minute 150 clear? Seems like the game is cooked. Should there be a mid season patch that allows for higher GRs? What will the changes be for next season?

    submitted by /u/srslywteff
    [link] [comments]

    AskDiablo: In your opinion, what is the most visually satisfying skill/rune?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 01:00 PM PST

    There are a lot of visuals in the game. Which is your favorite?

    I'd have to go with the Monk using Gungdo Gear and the Essence Burn rune for Exploding Palm on a huge pile of mobs.
    Another good one is the Witch Doctor using Locust Swarm with Pestilence rune.

    submitted by /u/Insanonaut
    [link] [comments]

    Question about gear from other classes you didn't play in a season.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:52 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    When you complete the season as one class, do transmogs for other classes transfer to normal, or does only the class you played as transfer? I.e. if I beat season 19 as a Necromancer, I will not only get season 19's gear for a Necromancer, but also the transmog for it. When season 19 is over, and I create a normal Wizard, will the transmog for season 19's Wizard gear be available on normal? Essentially when you beat a season, do you get the transmog for all seasonal gear, or just the one for the class you beat the season as?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/zone-stalker
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find the black mushroom on the Nintendo switch?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 08:28 AM PST

    I've been trying to find it on the first level of the cathedral for some time now and I've come up empty. Where is it?

    submitted by /u/AurulentAvenger
    [link] [comments]

    Haven’t played since game came out just got 70 on my HC demon hunter

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 05:50 AM PST

    https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Zook-1417/hero/117125187

    What should I be looking for now that I'm 70?

    submitted by /u/Zookster0
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for gear and build suggestions for Legacy of Dreams Crusader

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:07 AM PST

    Hey guys, I am looking to build a crusader around a LoD gem and need some suggestions regarding the feasibility of this build, as well as suggestions regarding gear. This is my first time playing Crusader, and it feels great not being a glass cannon!

    Currently I am using Blessed Shield for my main attack skill, with the following items supporting the build:

    1. Gyrfalcon's Foote to remove the resource cost and up the damage,
    2. Akkhan's Manacles to up the damage for the first enemy it hits, and
    3. Aquila Cuirass to reduce all damage by 50% while being above 91% of primary resource (which is always since I am not using wrath).

    My gems are:

    1. Legacy of Dreams,
    2. Bane of the Powerful,
    3. Pain Enhancer.

    The rest of my gear is pretty shitty at the moment, and I'm just using what I find and can identify as an upgrade.

    Here's the link to my hero: https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Lifer-2422/hero/127371321

    At this moment I am looking for info about gear, skills I should use, and once "complete" how far can I take this build.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/headsclouds
    [link] [comments]

    D3 changes

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 02:37 AM PST

    I have just come back after not playing D3 for awhile and have they made some major changes or something because it feels like some things are different.

    I've noticed that crafting mats don't go into your inventory any more and have their own little thing. Plus to me at least, monster mobs seem to have increased in some areas.

    submitted by /u/Zenom
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment