• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 9, 2019

    Diablo CONGRATULATIONS Blizzard for your capitulation to the Chinese government and your stance against human rights. Impressive performance.

    Diablo CONGRATULATIONS Blizzard for your capitulation to the Chinese government and your stance against human rights. Impressive performance.


    CONGRATULATIONS Blizzard for your capitulation to the Chinese government and your stance against human rights. Impressive performance.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    Blizzard Employees Staged a Walkout After the Company Banned a Gamer for Pro-Hong Kong Views

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 02:54 PM PDT

    A small group of Activision Blizzard employees walked out of work Tuesday afternoon to protest the company's actions against a gamer who expressed support for pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong during an official livestream.

    Chung, who uses the handle "Blizzchung," prompted the ban after saying "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times" during an interview about his tournament wins. Blizzard's actions forced him to forfeit $10,000 in prize money he had already won.

    "The action Blizzard took against the player was pretty appalling but not surprising," a longtime Blizzard employee told The Daily Beast. "Blizzard makes a lot of money in China, but now the company is in this awkward position where we can't abide by our values."

    Information via daily Beast

    I think we should spread awareness. This isn't what Blizzard used to be and i'm happy to know that a lot of blizzard employes knows that.

    submitted by /u/Frocharocha
    [link] [comments]

    Blizzard have disabled ALL FOUR authentication methods to actively stop people from deleting their accounts.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:10 PM PDT

    There are actually so many people deleting their accounts, that they actually disabled all the authentication methods in order to prevent it. This info came from Twitter

    Users tried to delete their accounts en masse after Blizzard issued a year-long ban and revoked the cash prize from the winner of the Hearthstone Grandmasters, an esports tournament. Chung Ng Wai, aka Blitzchung, faced sanctions from Blizzard after showing his support for Hong Kong protesters in a post-game interview.

    I was planing to come back to Diablo 3 and play with the Necromancer again once i've got tired of BL3 , but jesus christ. What happend to Blizzard?

    submitted by /u/Frocharocha
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Blizzard, but after 20 years I am done.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    I first started Blizzard games in 1999. Diablo II helped me quit cigarettes. The ex wife and I got into server test for WoW in 2004. I have been a fanboi since. At a time when I could not socialize in the real world I was able to do it online. I have great memories of guilds, learning raid bosses, killing alliance and making life long friends. Hell my daughter even got me hooked on Hearthstone.

    I was worried much like everyone else when Activision bought out Blizzard. But who would turn down the amount of money they must have been offered? I hated seeing the drain of talent that created the games we all love. But overall my gaming experience did not change. I hated the constant cash drain hearthstone is. But I was able to farm gold pretty well on WoW. I could just buy tokens as needed for sub time or blizzard balance.

    I simply can not watch Blizzard help to censure the plight of people in Hong Kong. Those brave people fighting for their lives deserve as many chances to be heard as possible. I can't do much for them from here, but I can make sure I no longer support a company I do not believe in.

    Today is raid day, I will say goodbye to my friends. Then I am deleting all blizzard games. I am not even sure how to spend all my free time, I guess I will have to go outside =)

    submitted by /u/-Kurch-
    [link] [comments]

    Bashing Blizzard is okay, bashing their developers and community managers is not.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    Just remember that there is a lot of people within the Blizzard company and not all of them should be held responsible for what's happened recently.

    I understand everyone is outraged, disappointed and upset at whats happening, but don't go harassing the folks who develop the games and moderate the forums. Many of these people are just trying to earn their wage and shouldn't be held responsible for what the higher ups decide.

    Be kind to one another folks.

    submitted by /u/freshlymadeto
    [link] [comments]

    Blizzard is now blocking people from deleting their accounts

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:20 PM PDT

    With WOLCEN, Last Epoch and Grim Dawn - I think I'm good with not buying the next Diablo game.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:06 PM PDT

    I'm 30. Played Diablo since the first one. Hyped like all of you for any news about Diablo 4. After last year fiasco with Immortal my hyped faded away a little bit. Now, after Blizzard openly "admitted" of being nothing more but a puppet company I'm done.
    I'm Polish, I know what communism can do to your country. It makes my sick to see US company bending the knee like that.
    Path of Exile and Torchlight Frontiers are also not on my radar at the moment. Both games are owned by Tencent and Perfect World Entertainment respectively - Chinese companies.

    I already deleted Battle.net but I'll stick around here. This community is great.

    I'll get my aRPG fix from Wolcen and Last Epoch. Both are coming out next year and I've already brought Last Epoch - fantastic game and filled with conent already! And it's sill in beta/ea!

    So I'll see you in some other aRPGs folks!

    submitted by /u/Whoopy2000
    [link] [comments]

    D2 Kurast Docks - UE4

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:28 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/GaOBSZu3njw

    I had some down time and wanted to learn Unreal Engine a bit, so I decided to try my hand at making a level in the program. I decided I wanted to do something nostalgia based, and for me that was a Diablo II act. It doesn't have all the minor details in the map, but I did spend a lot of time making it. It is also more of a re-imagining of what Kurast might have looked like before some of the ruins were crumbling. I probably spent too much time on it for it not actually being a playable game, but I had fun making it. I used free textures, meshes, etc. from the unreal marketplace, as well as the free action/rpg game as the base.

    Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions. I know the video is a little choppy at some points and I did record in higher quality, but it didn't come through as well on the video.

    submitted by /u/5dnb17
    [link] [comments]

    Blizzard is planning big announcements for this year's BlizzCon to make up for the PR blowup of last year - Jason Schreier

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    Make your Voice Sound like Diablo in Audacity

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    This sub, and this community is awesome but it's time for me to go

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    For nearly 20 years I have played Diablo, today I am unsubbing and uninstalling. I have to take a stance and my position is people over profits. I support Hong Kong and Blizzard does not. It would be a conflict of interest for me to engage in this community.

    Stay awesome all of you. And I'll see you elsewhere on Reddit

    submitted by /u/taylasch
    [link] [comments]

    [Meme] New website

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:07 AM PDT

    Diablo Reverse Engineered - Feedback from David Brevik

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:05 AM PDT

    Podcast Episode 71: HS Controversy, Diablo Immortal Interview

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    It's really a 200 IQ play.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    I used to be sad and annoyed that we weren't getting new expansions or DLC for Diablo III.

    But now, I know I'm never going to give Blizzard another buck of my money after what they've done.

    So I no longer care about whether we get new expansions or not, because I'm not going to buy it either way.

    Thanks Blizzard for removing my disappointment in us not having more expansions.

    submitted by /u/SMGB_NeonYoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Just logged on D3 to see what my clan knew about Blizzard defending China

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    There were more people on than usual, surprisingly. When I asked if they knew what Blizzard had done to Blitzchung, a few did, and a few others had no idea. The few who did defended Blizzard, and the few who didn't simply did not care. I didn't ask them to delete their accounts, or stop playing, but to take 5 minutes to read about it. I doubt they will. Even if they do, they probably still won't care.

    I've been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft 1 came out in 1994. I've played almost every game they've released since. I've spent more time on their games than any other, by a long shot. D3 probably takes the cake for my time spent playing any game. For all the repetitiveness, there's still enough novelty to keep me hooked. Unfortunately, as a company, Blizzard made their decision, which precludes me supporting them. I guess this is a lesson to me about how important it is that I stop playing and delete my account.

    submitted by /u/johnnys_sack
    [link] [comments]

    Which hero or villain in the Diablo universe looks the most like Xi?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    We really have to think about how to effectively reach out to our friends in the Chinese market

    submitted by /u/kiml332
    [link] [comments]

    Demon Hunter Build (Vanilla)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm new to Diablo III and I'm looking for a demon hunter build. Do you have any suggestions.

    NOTE: Playing on console if it makes any diffrience

    NOTE: Yes played the whole story on another account

    submitted by /u/XavierWait
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Loot Wednesday - 10/09/19

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to week 367 of the Weekly Loot Wednesday thread!

    Have you found something an item so amazing that you can't help but share it? Maybe you found a perfect trifecta Ring of Royal Grandeur, or a Wand of Woh with a socket, but there was no one to see it? Post your awesome loot here, so you can enjoy the fame (and upvotes)! Be sure to check back regularly to see what amazing items others may have found. Show support for this and point people here as this will help keep "look what I found" post from clogging up the front page. Also please consider sorting by new to see what new things people have posted!


    Tips:

    • When posting an image, make sure you crop it and use imgur for the best quality and upvotes.

    • Show the item's stat ranges by holding Ctrl when taking a screenshot.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread or any other ideas, please message the mods.

    submitted by /u/GharbadTheWeak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment