• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 11, 2021

    Diablo This was the best amulet I ever found on Diablo 2, I made my Ele Druid because of it. I can't wait to find something like this in D2RM!

    Diablo This was the best amulet I ever found on Diablo 2, I made my Ele Druid because of it. I can't wait to find something like this in D2RM!


    This was the best amulet I ever found on Diablo 2, I made my Ele Druid because of it. I can't wait to find something like this in D2RM!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:46 PM PST

    Out of curiosity, why do y'all like Diablo 2 over Diablo 3?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:26 AM PST

    Basically the title, why Diablo 2 over Diablo 3? I see a lot more post of Diablo 2 than anything else so I thought I'd ask the question.

    submitted by /u/Crusty_laptop
    [link] [comments]

    Inspired by the recent post by u/hvppy - here's the best item I've ever found. Prompted me to make a Hybridzon!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 06:00 PM PST

    Cant wait for Diablo2 to do this!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:00 PM PST

    Priceless

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:44 PM PST

    Had to share: Some years ago, we will not say how many. My youngest son turned me on to Diablo 2 and Anime. I just happen to be one of those fathers whom likes to see what things my children are into. I remember sitting on his bed while watching him play until he handed me the mouse and told me to go for it. Fast forward several years brought me to D3 on the switch where I played mostly at first by myself or online occasionally with whom would play with a 300 to 500p. Not many. :p Talking to my son whom presently lives a cross the US from me about the game lead him to purchase D3 for his switch. He just so happens to have just about every game system back to Atari. The priceless part comes in when dad was the lead and ranked him from start to lvl 70+3p in one night online. Can not express how much it meant to me to turn the tables from so many years ago. Looking forward to our next grind. Just have to love Diablo!

    submitted by /u/Floki482
    [link] [comments]

    Naked Hammerdin killing Hell Diablo, clearing Chaos Sanctuary + River of Flames while I was at work. It's not Enigma that makes this build viable. It's fundamentally broken and dirt cheap to be effective compared to other specs. There is a ladder race in this game, balance matters

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:40 AM PST

    Hey all! I never played any Diablo before. Need some recommendations.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:39 PM PST

    I've been exploring some new genres lately and I was actually thinking on giving this series a chance. With the Diablo 2 remake coming out though, should I just wait for it, or try to play 3 while I wait? Are the stories connected? Should I care for story at all? I was mostly in the mood to play a fun dungeon crawler with interesting gameplay. I dislike playing multiplayer thought, I'd be wanting to get into a solid single player experience above all else.

    It's important to mention I have next to zero experience in the isometric rpg style, I mostly only played mainstream JRPGs or stuff like Skyrim. Would this even be for me at all? Thank you kindly!

    Edit: Oh another thing, I game on the Switch and PS4. Not interested in playing in other platforms for now.

    submitted by /u/TyleNightwisp
    [link] [comments]

    D4 End Game - Horde Mode

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:29 PM PST

    This has been brought up in the past but not in regard to d4. I think when exploring endgame options for d4, horde mode could be an interesting addition. I think it offers opportunity for a new game play mode, allows for opportunity to build characters differently, and/or provides opportunity for support builds/classes (if not classes possibly mercs/npcs) thoughts?

    submitted by /u/DeToX_SYL
    [link] [comments]

    Is the project diablo 2 thing starting tomorrow?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:14 PM PST

    do you think it'll be big?

    submitted by /u/EluneNoYume
    [link] [comments]

    D2R: Defense / Chance to Block while Running vs Walking

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:07 AM PST

    A lot of people don't know that your defense is set to 0 while running, and your block chance is reduced to 1/3rd.

    As a change for Diablo 2: Resurrected, I'd love for it to be obvious what your block chance and chance to be hit is for running vs walking/standing both, instead of just walking/standing.

    EDIT: It's been pointed out that the chance to hit formula is complete skipped while running, so everything would have a 95% chance to hit. Normally, chance to hit is affected by Defense, Attack Rating, Monster level, and Character level.

    submitted by /u/Arsteel8
    [link] [comments]

    New Player-Diablo 3

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:50 PM PST

    Should i make a seasonal character or no

    submitted by /u/snipingseaotter
    [link] [comments]

    Did you use IGN forums back in the day?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:27 AM PST

    Mods, I hope this is kosher and can stick around for a moment.

    Im looking to reconnect an old, old community.. If you used to post on the IGN forums (specifically the Diablo subforum) back in the early 2000s and have interest in regrowing a small community for the release of Diablo 2 Resurrected.. let me know.

    Im getting some old names together and hope to reconnect with you all on Discord.

    submitted by /u/pawsforbear
    [link] [comments]

    Will Diablo, Mephisto and Baal be in D4? Imperius? Archangels?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 10:54 AM PST

    So Blizzcon was last month and i didn't see anything new on the lore front? Will Imperius be in the game? Diablo and his two older brothers? Or just Lilith? What do you think guys?

    submitted by /u/Remus88Romulus
    [link] [comments]

    PlugY + Perfect Drop for 14d?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:51 AM PST

    Is it possible? I found a few tutorials on running these mods together but they were all for 1.10 or 1.12.

    submitted by /u/IsaacsLaughing
    [link] [comments]

    Starting diablo 2 again

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:24 AM PST

    Hello, i used to be a very serious diablo 2 player a long time ago, and i've just recently decided to get back to what was once my favorite game..Of course, i have no items or even an account no longer..How would i start up again 2021? Creating a cheap MF sorc to try to find items ? Thank you in forehand

    submitted by /u/Fluffy-Pilot-1442
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: I don't care for the way Rare items were implemented in Diablo II.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:59 PM PST

    Disclaimer: This is not a suggestion for a change in D2:R.

    I've been playing Diablo II for as long as I can remember and I love the game, so last year I finally decided to try the original. It's a buggy mess, and the Hellfire expansion makes some things even worse. After installing a user-made patch (Hellfire v1.02.A5) to fix things up I found the game quite enjoyable, if a little slow-paced compared to any other ARPG.

    At first, I found the lack of Rare items disappointing, but I soon began to love it and I now believe it's the game's biggest strength over the sequel. Magic items in Diablo made up most of the very best items in the game - they compete only with a small number of Unique items.

    This means that every Magic item drop in Diablo is exciting because it could be something amazing. Could that be a King's Sword of Haste? An Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac? Godly Armor of the Whale? There's only so many combinations for a single prefix and suffix so your odds of finding these things are pretty good: much better than the odds of finding a god-tier Rare in Diablo II.

    Therein lies the problem of Rare items: by virtue of being able to roll up to 6 affixes, Magic items are rendered totally obsolete. Merely a stepping stone on the path to better loot, it won't be too long before you don't even bother to identify the things except maybe to sell. In Diablo II, the feeling of excitement over randomly generated loot being good is only found in Rare items, which of course is less frequent than finding magic items in Diablo. Even if you do find a top-tier Magic item, you will probably wish you had a Rare with the same affixes and then some.

    It does seem there was some attempt made to have Magic items be semi-competitive with Rares as a lot of the strongest affixes in D2 only appear on magic items. For example Magic items can roll +3 to all skills in a single class tree where Rares can only roll +2, but it doesn't make up for what can be gained with four extra affixes. The number of affixes available to Rares also slightly cheapens the impact of Uniques, which seemed to have more value in Diablo 1 when the competition never had more than two modifiers.

    I know nobody asked me, but I'm going to share my thoughts on how I would have designed Rare items to be interesting and desirable without making Magic items obsolete. Instead of giving a Rare extra affixes from the same pool of modifiers as Magic items, take a Magic item with a prefix and a suffix and add one additional affix from a separate pool of rare modifiers. These rare modifiers would have more varied and interesting effects available, akin to Uniques, but they would universally come with drawbacks to ensure they behave more as side-grades: potentially good or bad depending on your build. Stuff like:

    • Convert Life to Mana / Mana to Life
    • +/- Stats
    • +/- Resists/Max Resists
    • -X to Max Resistances for self and enemies
    • +% to damage dealt by self and enemies
    • Convert X% of one damage type dealt/taken to another
    • Use Vit to determine Defense bonus.
    • Use Eny to determine Stamina bonus.
    • Use Str to determine Attack Rating bonus.
    • Use Dex to determine Weapon Damage bonus.
    • +/- Damage dealt to/by different monster types
    • -1 All Skills for several points in a single skill
    • Spend life for skills
    • - Defense, + Attack
    • Bonus to one skill tree, penalty to others
    • +/- Attack, Damage
    • Splash damage on attack/reduced damage to primary target
    • Triple arrow/ 1/3rd damage
    • Knockback immune/slower hit recovery
    • Take more damage but reflect some
    • Leech + Drain Life/Mana
    • Ect.

    And bam. Now Rares can feel special compared to Magic items without eclipsing them, and you can enjoy finding both because there are only so many Rare modifiers you would want but none that you would really need. Unique items continue to feel special and powerful by having the most modifiers and being able to have special modifiers like Rares without the downsides.

    So yeah, this is just a daydream of what could have been, a version of Diablo II where magic items are as exciting to find as they are in Diablo. I still love Diablo II with all its little warts and am very excited for the remaster regardless of what does or does not get changed. (Though I will take this opportunity to beg for ladder runewords in SP.)

    Edit: Yes, there are a handful of good blues thanks to +skills, but that's not really the same as being able to say Magic items are competitive with Rares as a whole. It also highlights the fact that we could have had a system where Rares were the best source of +skills if you were willing to take a penalty. I think that would have made for a more interesting choice than sacrificing 4 mods for +2 skill points.

    submitted by /u/GreenSpleen6
    [link] [comments]

    [D2] Current amount lvl LVL 99s per class on EU SCL | Highest: Paladin (138) | Lowest: Necromancer (10)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:13 AM PST

    Can PlugY be installed and used on an existing save?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 10:49 AM PST

    Have a new character in 1.14d vanilla that has run out of stash space and saw the plugY mod ability to expand and share single player stash.

    Can this be installed and used on existing characters?

    Does PlugY modify the existing character saves in anyway that might make them incompatible with D2R?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bauss9027
    [link] [comments]

    The original Diablo (higher difficulty & multiplayer mode)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:21 AM PST

    Going to do a solo replay of the original Diablo (after 20 years or so).

    Might want to try beating it on a harder difficulty after my 1st playthrough. But I think higher difficulties are only available for multiplayer mode.

    Would it be recommended to play my solo character in multiplayer mode? Or is there some kind of workaround for higher difficulty in single-player mode?

    submitted by /u/Deovel
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Thursday Help Desk, Ask your newbie questions here - March 11, 2021

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 06:00 AM PST

    Welcome to this week's installment of Thursday Help Desk.

    This is a weekly thread for any quick/newbie/unsure questions you may have. No matter how dumb you may think the question is, now is your chance to have them answered! If you need help with your gear and build, post to the weekly Gear thread instead!

    Check the Commonly Asked Questions page first before posting!

    If you're not here to ask or answer questions, then this place is not for you. The mods will be resilient in removing posts and possibly even bans. Meta feedback about the weekly post is fine. Helpful people will be strongly considered for an ID scroll after a review of posting history.

    Sort by new to answer the latest questions. Older questions most likely already have answers.

    If you have any feedback for this specific weekly thread, just post it here or message the mods.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment