• Breaking News

    Monday, March 22, 2021

    Diablo Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Preview Blog

    Diablo Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Preview Blog


    Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Preview Blog

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    This is what happens when two nerds get married and decorate a house together.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    Per-pixel, 32-bit lighting for Diablo 1 (based on DevilutionX)

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    MrLlamaSC reacts to the D2 Resurrected Survey

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    A plea to keep the D2R Ladders at six months

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to look at this. This is nothing more than a hopeless plea to Blizzard and Vicarious Visions to keep the ladder length at six months in Diablo II Resurrected. First of all, I want to say that this new remaster looks amazing! The upgraded graphics are spectacular! I purchased the remaster as soon as it was announced. If they only upgrade the graphics and change absolutely NOTHING else, I would be very happy.

    My Story: Like many of you I have been playing Diablo II off and on for the last 20 years. I remember the very first time I ever saw it was at my uncle's house. He was a bit of a computer guy and always had some new cool game for us kids to try. This one was different though; I was captivated. When I got my chance to play I made a barbarian because he was obviously the toughest character at the campfire. I thought about the game day and night and couldn't wait to go back to my uncle's house to play. I wanted my own copy and eventually got one. I played ladder off and on for years culminating in several dedicated ladders back to back in my last two years of highschool. I watched the game progress over the years going through critical updates 1.09,1.10 and 1.11. Even to this day, as an individual in his 30s, I still play ladder from time to time and always look forward to the ladder reset. As soon as the ladder resets, I delete all my characters and start over (always start with an MF sorc). I have never been more excited for a game in my entire life than a remaster of Diablo II. I suspect I will continue to play D2 ladders for the next 20 years. For some reason, this game never gets old.

    My Argument: I want to present an argument for why decreasing ladder time periods is not the right thing to do. I feel as though six months is the appropriate amount of time for the ladders for a number of reasons which I shall present here. I consider ladder the pinnacle of play in Diablo 2 or any Blizzard game and will only play ladder as long as I live. Ladder is one of the main elements of Diablo II that always brings me back. Knowing that I can hop in and be at the same level as everyone else. Ladder is amazing because it does provide a nice rotation, but if it's too short I feel it will lose its draw.

    1) The reason to decrease ladder length presented at Blizzconline 2021 during the D2 developer panel was "to increase player engagement". Players, including myself, are still engaged 20 years later. It seems more like fixing something that isn't broken. This is like saying we should have the superbowl two, three or even four times a year to increase viewer engagement. Why not have Christmas every month so people buy more toys? That just doesn't sound right. Fewer and far between makes these events more special. A less common ladder reset makes it more significant and certainly keeps players engaged.

    2) Diablo II is unlike any other game. You do not simply create one character and grind to the top. You create many different characters with different purposes. MF characters, sorc or otherwise, key hunters, Uber killers, etc. The amount of wild builds out there is amazing and new builds still exist. Sure you could say "go try your builds offline or non-ladder". But don't those characters deserve the same respect and the same opportunity to climb the ladders or serve whatever purpose you have made them for? There is just so much more to do on each ladder than just make one character and blast them to 99 as fast as you can.

    3) Ladder isn't just about getting to the top, it's about being at the top. Diablo II is a game that allows you to create incredibly powerful characters. But it does take a little time to get there. A longer ladder period allows players to spend more time in the powerful stage where they can spend time getting new gear including searching for that 20/20 Ptorch. I want to spend more time having enigma than searching for the runes. There needs to be a time before the reset that made all the effort worthwhile.

    4) Not everybody is a full time, fully committed player. With things like school, work, kids etc, it's difficult to commit to getting what you want done in a small amount of time. The person with limited time deserves a fair chance to play on ladder. Not everybody is able to grind for hours every day. Six months allows you to step away for weeks or even months mid ladder and still be able to get back in with the same characters you were working on. Please don't forget about the casual players!

    5) Players on classic and hardcore take more time to level up and do the things they want to do. These players deserve an adequate time period to play on ladder.

    6) There will not be countless bots doing Baal runs for you to level up super fast. In the current state of Diablo II, there are plenty of perfect hammerdin bots just cranking out Baal runs. Ladder is almost a measure of which bot gets to 99 the fastest or who joins enough bot driven games. In some ways this can be fun but also damages the integrity of the game and of the ladder. Leveling will all have to be done by humans, assuming D2R does what it can to keep botting under control.

    7) Many players don't even play ladder to really compete on the ladder itself but because it provides many items and runewords that are not available elsewhere.

    8) A longer ladder period provides a sense of permanence. To me this is the most critical point for maintaining the ladder length as it is. If the ladders are shortened they begin to lose their significance. The things I do and accomplish do not last very long. If they last longer they feel more impactful. It would be easier to convince friends to play ladder with me knowing that what they do on ladder lasts longer before the reset. A longer ladder gives the benefit of longer term goals. There are many things to do and characters to build. Diablo II isn't just about killing monsters and picking up the best items. There are things to work towards and a longer ladder period provides that opportunity.

    9) Diablo II is the greatest game ever made and changing anything could damage that. The safest and best path forward is to keep the ladders along with everything else exactly how it is now.

    10) Ladders can always be changed in the future. If the community decides further down the road in D2R that ladders should be shortened then so be it. But once you change it now there is no turning back.

    Preserve Diablo II as it is, at least at release. Watch, wait and see if there are changes that should be made. Like many others, all I'm asking is to keep Diablo II exactly as it is. It has been a life defining game for me and I have waited hopefully for a remaster for so long. Please don't change something amazing. I doubt this plea will be heard or make a difference but I want to be able to say that I did all that I could to save my precious Diablo II. If you love this game you will fight to preserve it as it is!

    I hope to see you all on the ladders, -A Diablo II player 'til the very end

    submitted by /u/supermeatslayer
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo Statue in pride of place

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Do you think that they will acknowledge the Reaper of souls ending monologue in D4?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    If I remember correctly it was heavily hinted at the end of reaper of souls that the main hero may be so powerful that it is not clear if these powers will be used for good or bad. Do you think that the d3 heroes will become bad guys in D4?

    submitted by /u/Ggthefiree2
    [link] [comments]

    Got my second Gull ever

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    So I just wanted to tell this to people who actually know the game. And I guess now days the Gull Dagger isn't that important, but when I first started in 02/03, I kept hearing about this gull dagger seeing them on sorceress' and how it helped with magic find and I always wanted one. I even got scammed during a trade for one which sucked.

    But one day, I noticed a rare dagger dropped randomly in Tristram and I got my first ever Gull, I was so excited but it was on the wrong character. So I had to be careful and get into a game and get it to the correct character. Thankfully that went off without a hitch. Well years passed and life went on and decided to start playing again. I decided I wanted my gull again, learning that Cold Crow dropped it I decided to farm her for it. I went from level 1 to 18 trying to get that stupid Gull dagger. Finally I said, screw it, it's not happening this is my last run and I'm done, last run that clearly unique dagger dropped and I was just so happy to finally have my gull again.

    Now if I could find a Stone of Jordan...that I've never got in my life

    submitted by /u/WhitestAfrican
    [link] [comments]

    We All Love Diablo 2! But what is the One thing you hate the most in this game?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    Beside Purists obviously

    Ill go First with... Fucking Freeze duration. Get hit once and get frozen for the next hour

    submitted by /u/The_Creatorist
    [link] [comments]

    So when do you guys think the alpha is going to start?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 07:31 AM PDT

    When they announced the game they said the alpha would be soon. It's been a month though and we haven't heard anymore news about when the alpha will be. When do you guys think the alpha is going to be?

    submitted by /u/SkippyTheManYT
    [link] [comments]

    MFERS!- An early-game MF Partial Set Bonus that's near BIS that Many people don't know about!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    Keep in mind, one of the items on this list is Very rare! But if you Ever Gamble/Tomb Run/Normal Diablo Kill a Set, "boots", while playing, DON'T throw them out!!!~

    Tancred's Amulet, "Which is the easiest Set Amulet to find", + Tancred's Boot's Partial Set Bonus gives both 30% faster walk/run, and 78% to MF! This Bonus is one of the highest % MF Amulet/Boots combo in the Entire game due to needing a high Wartravs + a very high Rare or Suffix+Prefix Magic MF Amulet to beat them out, "or Tal Rasha's Amulet with it's 3-Piece item set + Wartravs of course, which is much better for power on top of still great MF, but still, if you Do happen to find these boots+Amulet alongside let's say.. A Goldwrap Belt and a Skulldur's Armor, "Or you make a Wealth Armor Rune Word", you've obtained, by luck, earlier on, some of the highest % MF gear in the entire game which is significantly easier to get, "After the boots at least", than 3-Piece Tal Rasha's Set with a near Perfect Wartravs!

    Not many people will ever find these boots of course, but the sad stories I've read about people throwing them out immediately once found in early LOD because they thought they were sucky D2 Classic Set items.. :'(

    Don't let one of these stories be you if you end up being the One!

    submitted by /u/Narsaku_Jessi
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstalled Diablo 2 from Bnet, patched, Ran as Admin, Still Disconnecting from b.net

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    I cant play Diablo 2. I Reinstalled Diablo 2 from Bnet, patched, Ran as Admin, but I cant get past the Multiplayer button. It keeps telling me it disconnects from Bnet. I dont have a VPN.

    Update: Potential temp ban from connecting from a Business IP, lol wtf

    submitted by /u/Colinski282
    [link] [comments]

    3 Month Seasons Work for Ladder PvE, Not Ladder PvP

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Be honest, how many of you pro-3 month Ladder Season people only play PvE? I'm for 6 month Ladder Seasons because D2 is grindy af and I enjoy fully gearing up multiple chars for PvP. It's nice to have time for more than one char and PvP requires more min/maxing than PvE does.

    What's the point in spending all of that time grinding if you don't even want to test your char against anything challenging? PvP brings longevity to D2 and was a large part of the community. NL will end up becoming the main home for PvP if we end up going with 3 month Ladder seasons.

    submitted by /u/FriendOfAFriend24
    [link] [comments]

    POV : you are against the people in the sanctuary

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    Do you think Playing PD2 will ruin your D2:R experience?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 04:20 AM PDT

    Title says it all. I want to start playing pd2, but with all the QOL changes and new skills and stuff im worried that when I switch to D2:R it wont be the same and feel obsolete.

    submitted by /u/BluntlyB
    [link] [comments]

    Repair skill kinda useless?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, im a new player in Diablo 1, and the only other diablo game ive played before this is diablo 3.... Anyways, as the title says is it me or is thw warriors repair skill kinda lame? I mean its cool he can prevent his stuff from breaking, but it reduces the max durability. How does a new player manage the durability of their gear?

    submitted by /u/TygoFTW
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    So, level 22 necromancer, in act 2 just finished the Arcane Sanctuary. All of a sudden my attack rating is blank and I cannot hit any mobs. They can hit me. Anybody know how to fix this? Am I hosed?

    I'm new to diablo 2, and my Google searches didn't bring anything up that seemed to help my situation.

    submitted by /u/TheMtnLord
    [link] [comments]

    Best D4 Barb Gameplay. Begins at 23:00 minutes.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    RIP Firebirds

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    Halved all damage, around 15 tier nerf. Like I said before, Blizzard can't balance shit. They either make something OP or they nerf it into the ground. Rather than just halving the 100 stack they gutted the build into an A tier. Same meta, same twister preference SAME THING AGAIN. Rather than a new meta Blizzard just proves their incapacity. All they had to do was listen to THE VARIOUS runners who gave their opinions on balancing the build, but no. It's a lot easier to just nuke a build and keep everything the same.

    submitted by /u/Bossmantho
    [link] [comments]

    Which platform you guys gonna buy the D2R and D4?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Lol 70

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 08:12 PM PDT

    Can anyone help me get to level 70 fast please

    submitted by /u/Flave721
    [link] [comments]

    D2R/D2 Console Chat

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    To me, a major downside to playing D3 on consoles (Switch specifically. I'm not sure if other consoles have a chat feature) is the lack of in game chat. For D2R and D4 where there will be trading it will be an even larger issue if there is no in game chat. Chat is helpful for partying, game re-makes, goblins or other unique events, trading. Has there been any mention of chat for consoles?

    submitted by /u/_jahithber_
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 3 - Challenge Rift 196 Guide - Save Next Weeks for launch of S23.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    n00b question: Does anyone build a hoard of chips before obtaining the HC?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    I've always had a stash full of chips I figured I'd combine once I got the Horodric Cube. Clearly, I'm not quite a Twitch streaming superstar.

    Is this a stupid waste of time, energy, and space? Should I just sell them, or is it worthwhile to socket them in Act 1 of Normal?

    submitted by /u/MightyMississippi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment