• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 4, 2021

    Diablo Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.0 Now Live — Diablo III

    Diablo Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.0 Now Live — Diablo III


    Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.0 Now Live — Diablo III

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:24 AM PST

    Diablo II Resurrected Will Let You Import Original Diablo II Save Files

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 05:48 AM PST

    Who else is excited for the return of actual skill trees in D2R?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:31 AM PST

    When I think of D2 (and WoW Classic) my favorite thing is the skill tree. Yes, I tend to follow specific builds, however just the presence of the trees and the possibility for customization FEELS great. I have hated how Blizzard has continually worked to dumb the system down. It's ok to have OP builds and crap builds. Everything doesn't need to be perfectly balanced.

    submitted by /u/jmakioka
    [link] [comments]

    Rhykker - Diablo 4 Interview during Blizzconline

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:23 AM PST

    I feel like these guys are finally relevant again...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:10 PM PST

    A theory on the release date for Diablo 2: Resurrected

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:20 AM PST

    Sometimes it pays to look to the past to predict the future. So please stay awhile and... read my theory!

    So I did some digging the other day through some old leaks relating to D2R. I wanted to see what folks got right and what they got wrong. This leak is 9 months old and it predicted the exact name and even that Vicarious Visions would be working on it.

    https://reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gh20vd/diablo_ii_resurrected/

    So if we presume because this leak got correct the name and studio, then the other details could be correct too.

    According to the leaker the original release date was Q4 2020. But covid hit and that has pushed it back. Now the next big date in the Diablo world is June 27th which will be the 20th anniversary of Lord of Destruction. So that would add an extra six months to their dev time to account for Coronavirus and also line up nicely with the 20th anniversary of LOD.

    Additionally they mentioned that the technical alphas will be starting "soon". And we know there is a single player alpha and a multiplayer alpha. So perhaps we see a single player alpha in March. A multiplayer alpha in April/May and then the full release in June which would line up for the 20th anniversary as well.

    Of course this is total guesswork. But if the game was aiming to be ready by the end of last year. Then it really must not be too far off.

    I also am incredibly excited to dive into D2R so I'm hoping we only have to wait a few more months.

    Also slight side note but I noticed the cinematics were totally missing from any footage showed off regarding D2R. Despite them saying that they went through and reanimated the cinematics frame by frame and that they think it looks awesome.

    I think what they'll do next is drop that awesome newly done Diablo 2 intro cinematic and announce the release date with that. It'll draw a lot of attention to it not only because it'll probably look badass but also the technical work that would have to go into that is a story in itself.

    Tl;dr I think D2R will drop June 27th because an accurate rumor that got right the name and studio suggested it would drop Q4 2020 & it would line up with LODs 20th anniversary.

    submitted by /u/OutoflurkintoLight
    [link] [comments]

    How will you start your D2R journey? I've already decided:

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:07 AM PST

    Another Rank 1 clear, this time using Frozen Orb with Tal Rasha Firebird hybrid setup. Cleared GR150 solo in 7:08!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:11 AM PST

    IGN: What It Takes to Remaster a Cult Classic Like Diablo II

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:48 AM PST

    Serious question

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:02 PM PST

    Why do so many people try to say D3 is dead when they are still doing major seasonal updates and had a large number or players each season? Its clearly still going strong if they are updating the followers and other big changes.

    submitted by /u/existentialfalls
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone seen anything showing the map in D2R?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:01 PM PST

    I've been wondering what the map looks like in D2R since I play the game with it open most of the time. Has it been shown in any of the video footage or screenshots?

    submitted by /u/Dave-C
    [link] [comments]

    If the girls are going to be beautiful, then I want the dudes to be good looking too.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:38 PM PST

    Just my opinion on the gripes the community had on the way that the characters (female classes especially) look. If the ladies get a good amount of work done from Vicarious Visions then I want the dudes to be dashing and suave taking on demons too.

    Not asking for KPOP idols or Calvin Klein models but to be a least 7 or 8s on the attractiveness scale.

    I think a game that really did a good job with this is Mortal Kombat 11. The men and women looked really good for their possible death of being set on fire and chopped in half right after having their skulls and ribs broken.

    submitted by /u/AbsenceRDT
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo II: Resurrected has us all hyped; but don't sleep in Diablo I. It's still great.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:22 PM PST

    I just replayed it this last week. I thought I'd absolutely hate it since I never really played it since D2 came out and I haven't really played D2 in like 15 years. D2 had me kinda struggling to go back a little, so I figured D1 would be impossible for me.

    But using DevolutionX, a source port, alongside Fluffy's unlocked frame rate patch it was pretty good. Widescreen, a SLIGHT resolution zoom out so things weren't quite so blurry, but not so absurd you can see way more of the map.

    The atmosphere is still masterclass. I didn't expect that. I love playing horror games and play pretty much all of them that come out. Horror movies, you name it. I love immersive sims.

    Diablo I is still scary. The SFX, alongside the music and imagery is just wow. Unbelievable how it holds up.

    Now to the meat of it - the gameplay, the part that most would struggle with. Well I won't lie - it's still a little rough and as a kid I think I used to pretty much cheat a ton so I never really got in depth with the system. This time around I decided to look at guides and well yeah I guess I didn't need to. It's pretty straight forward(for the most part).

    One thing that sticks out is stunlocking. I don't remember it from when I was a kid - but it's bad in this. If you ever get more than two enemies attacking you and they aren't the type of enemies that you can kill very quickly, you're gonna have a bad time unless you have Fast Hit Recovery items. Like frustratingly bad times lol. 4+ enemies. So I used the old trick of leading enemies to bottlenecks(felt fun to do that, like an actual strategy), and using magic to create kill zones.

    For the most part I didn't struggle until the lower floors where enemies started having resistances and my gear I was finding didn't keep up. I had to do a lot of kiting, chugging HP pots like mad. I got frustrated a lot because of the hitstun. It's so overpowering and I didn't remember that at all lol. Also your initial hit % is so low, like 59%, so you need to invest in Dex right away for melee / archer characters or else you're gonna have a bad time.

    Then there's the loot. One interesting thing about Diablo 1, that Diablo 2 & 3 did away with is gear isn't level locked. Just stat locked. So because of that...any quality of gear can drop on any level it would appear.

    Unique items that could completely change your strategy drop sometimes, that add huge boosts to stats like +30 to magic or something, enabling you to go for more of a hybrid build.

    The randomly generated items are nice too. On level 14, I defeated this special enemy and was kind of a real pain to defeat. When he died he dropped a rare club. I was kind of let down lol. It was a plank with a nail in it. Not a special / unique item. Til I got it identified and used it the rest of the game.

    It wasn't too good, base stat wise...but it had +50 to HP(Big in D1), and +125% total damage. Which made it stronger than anything else I found in my first playthrough. Made me laugh. It helped.

    Then there's stuff like using blunt weapons on skeletons, and swords on flesh enemies. Magic in certain ones.

    It was just super interesting to me. Like as a kid, I just equipped shit and killed stuff and didn't think about it, but there's all kinds of cool stuff in there.

    Sadly not much of a reason to go onto higher difficulties though because XP / better loot doesn't drop. Oh well.

    But I had fun and it's short too. Probably only took me 4-5 hours and I explored every inch of every floor. I can't believe I played this game for like, years as a kid every day after school and at night when I was supposed to be sleeping. It's so short. I thought there was 50 levels for some reason - but it turns out there is only 15+1 special level. My childhood memory has this image in my brain of "Go to Hell" crevice and saying (level 50) next to it, lol.

    I know it will never happen, but I'd love for Diablo 1 to get the Resurrected treatment. I think it'd be easier too since it's so short - but it'd just be a wonderful experience. It's funny because D1 makes D2 look like D3's art style now that I look between all tree. D2 looks so toned down. But that makes sense since D2 takes place in more varied locations and not a dreary catacombs, crypts, caves and whatnot exclusively.

    I think they might have some trouble with D1's imagery today though. Just imagine all the impaled corpses, burning crosses and stuff rendered more clearly. With DevolutionX you can "zoom in", and blurry or not you can see some stuff that was hard to make out back in the day and it's like holy shit lol.

    Hell they could've included D1 on GOG as like a Pre-order bonus or something. It's just really cool to go back. I thought I'd totally hate it because of how dated it is, a lot of games I used to love back in the day can be hard to play, but glad to see D1 isn't one of them.

    Lack of a stash is no problem. The entire WORLD IS YOUR STASH, haha.

    submitted by /u/Mkilbride
    [link] [comments]

    D3 Disable mini map and static monster health bar help

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 12:06 PM PST

    Hi all,

    is there a way to disable the mini map in d3? have it only visible when i open the actual map in full screen?

    also, id like to enable the monster health bar which is above the literal head of the monsters, but the "normal" health bar which is shown in the center top of the screen is still visible. can i disable that one as well?

    thank you all!!! im hoping through some ini editing or so idk

    submitted by /u/Substantial-Curve-51
    [link] [comments]

    Will Diablo 2 resurrected have OCE servers?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:35 PM PST

    Pretty much as the title reads. Considering that all Blizz remasters currently do not have OCE servers (Warcraft Reforged,Starcraft remaster)

    submitted by /u/razed86
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 1 rogue stats help

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 07:09 PM PST

    So I've beaten Diablo HD mod with the warrior and sorcerer and am moving on to the rogue. I checked out Jarulfs guide and understand that str/dex add to damage for the rogue (at least I think they do?)

    But in general what should I pour most of my stats into? Enough str for items, some vit and the rest into dex? Any help would be appreciated. I'm also just going for a bow build unless anyone thinks that's a bad idea and I should mix magic?

    submitted by /u/neoflo22
    [link] [comments]

    D2:R Game Modes

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 02:41 AM PST

    I hope the devs include 3 game modes:

    1. Classic (unchanged)
    2. LOD (unchanged)
    3. Ressurected (can be updated)

    I know they are adding the classic mode, but please consider including a permanent unchanged LOD mode. Perhaps with some QOL and bug fixes. In the Ressurected mode game balancing and other future changes could be included.

    I think this will cater to the different communities. Those who like the classic game. Those who want LOD with a fresh new graphics, a fresh new economy with less bots/etc. and perhaps some QOL changes. Finally those who would like a more modern and updated twist on D2.

    submitted by /u/SherAndreas
    [link] [comments]

    New to Diablo, question involving Seasons

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:32 PM PST

    Sorry for the noob question but I just recently got into Diablo 3 late Season 19. I made a Witch Doctor because I read that it will be a popular class next season, but I barely played it because I was mainly on my Wizard. When Season 20 starts can I still earn new seasonal gear for my WD or do I need to make a new seasonal character? This is my first time experiencing a new season. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bingenie
    [link] [comments]

    What do I miss without Reaper of souls and some tips ?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 10:31 AM PST

    Hello, I tried Outriders and since I don't want to get burned out of the demo, I returned to diablo 3 after beating the story at launch.

    I made a seasonal character (monk) and I'm currently replaying the story, what do I miss if I don't have Reaper of Souls ?

    I know the necro pack is only a class and cosmetics but I'm struggling to know what's in RoS aside from act V and the class. I'd like to finish the story before deciding if it's worth it to buy the expansion. But so far it's fun and I just beat the first boss (The King). It was really fun to see all the loot drop from the boss !

    If anyone have any tips too that could help me but isn't clearly said in game it would be awesome since I'm a little lost

    Have a nice day/night !

    submitted by /u/Pegtz
    [link] [comments]

    [Diablo III] DH Hunter Build- Bow, Crossbow, or DW 1H Crossbows

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 04:14 PM PST

    Title. The Diablo II Resurrected announcement has me very excited, and I decided to pick up Diablo III again for the first time in years.

    I wanted to replay the main and DLC campaigns, then I'll go into adventure mode to start playing the seasonal content.

    I started a Necromancer, but switched to a Demon Hunter. I like it so far, but the DPS could be better. I wanted to do the top tier DW build, but I'm wondering if I should be doing a Bow or Crossbow with a quiver instead until I have the gear and stats to make DW put out the right DPS.

    What do you guys think? Also looking for skill setup recommendations, if possible

    submitted by /u/SideWinder98
    [link] [comments]

    Do we know how Diablo Clone will be summoned in D2R?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:57 AM PST

    I assume the server system will be different, which is how we organized SOJ sales in servers we camped to dependably spawn DClone to farm Annihilus Charms.

    Has there been any info on how this will go down? I assume the whole Uber Tristram thing will be the same.

    submitted by /u/snoogenfloop
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 1 nightmare and hell most important stats

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:25 PM PST

    Playing a level 27 mage on Diablo HD Mod and just beat Diablo. I'm thinking about going on to nightmare and hell mode after that and my question is what are the most important stats for those 2 difficulties? All res? AC? +all attributes?

    Hell I even found 2 cool rings I can't make my mind up on.

    Ring 1- res cold 27%, +13 to all attributes, and absorbs half trap damage.

    Ring 2- res cold 32%, res all 30%, hit recovery 12%, and +9 to magic.

    Just for fun/curiosity which do you think is better in general?

    submitted by /u/neoflo22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment