• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 17, 2021

    Diablo Diablo 1 vs 2 vs 3 vs 4 comparison - Barbarian gameplay

    Diablo Diablo 1 vs 2 vs 3 vs 4 comparison - Barbarian gameplay


    Diablo 1 vs 2 vs 3 vs 4 comparison - Barbarian gameplay

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    What is this staff trying to be.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:15 PM PDT

    Lilith Vector Fan Art - Creator of Sanctuary

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    Does the In-Browser Diablo still work? I keep getting this error.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    I think Light Radius will actually be a meaningful stat in D2:R

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    I know it get's joked about as a meme stat whenever it's found on items in Diablo 2 but if you watch the gameplay trailer of D2:R there are several scenes where it is dark. as. fuck. Literally, you can't see shit unless it's right in front of you.

    The 28 second mark really highlights this, where the Sorceress is in the tomb. Her fireballs actually provide a light source which illuminates the mobs, who disappear back into the darkness.

    I love their emphasis on darkness and making light radius a meaningful stat. This is particularly important in modes like hardcore, where running face first into a mob pack because you literally can't see it can be difference between life and death.

    Probably one of my favorite things about D2:R truthfully.

    submitted by /u/goomunchkin
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another request to modernize The Arreat Summit

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    Since D2 is going to get "resurrected", I sincerely hope The Arreat Summit can be updated to a modern website. The most recent update of the website was in 2019, and I know Nebu you are still there, so I believe it is a great opportunity to update the website.

    submitted by /u/mzypsy
    [link] [comments]

    I think Diablo 1 has a better atmosphere than Diablo 2, do you agree?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    I am playing Diablo 2 for the first time ever. I am on Act 4 so pretty far into the game.

    I think Diablo 1 has the best atmosphere out of these 2 games. Diablo 2 is better gameplay wise but i find Diablo 1 just so much more tense and engaging

    Diablo 1 created a pretty convincing image of a world swallowed by corruption. Diablo 2 has less of that. I like the meaningful interaction with the villagers. You can see they are just ordinary folk trying to survive the evil times.

    submitted by /u/Victorian_Poland_2
    [link] [comments]

    I made a D2R design for a mug, feel free to use it for your own mugs or even as a desktop background

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    Multiple Wallpapers: Diablo 2: Resurrected, Diablo Immortal, Diablo III, Diablo IV & Heroes of the Storm - (Art by Mr--Jack, Brian Huang, The Diablo IV & Cinematics Team and others at Blizzard)

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Hello all I've been busy since my last wallpaper Diablo II: Resurrected #1 - The Dark Wanderer (art by Billelis

      

    I've released a half dozen wallpapers over the last few weeks covering every game that is or has Diablo related stuff in them. Plus a bonus for anyone who likes Overwatch too.

      

    Heroes of the Storm #21 (Art by Mr--Jack)
    http://fav.me/871422116

      

    Fiery Runes II Series III Essence - Locations III #8 Arreat Crater II (Art by Brian Huang)
    http://fav.me/872054953

      

    Diablo IV: The Rogue #1-3(Art by the Diablo IV & Cinematics Team & Blizzard)
    http://fav.me/872357194
    http://fav.me/872357332
    http://fav.me/872357339

      

    Diablo II - Resurrected #2 Mephisto (Art by Blizzard)
    http://fav.me/872854013

      

    Diablo Immortal 2021 #4: The Ashwold Cemetary (Art by Blizzard & NetEase)
    http://fav.me/873134321

      

    Bonus Overwatch #18 Echo(Art by Nesskain)
    http://fav.me/871420724

      

    Enjoy and I'll see you soon for more wallpapers.

      

    I do post wallpapers semi regularly weekly or sooner. Just depends on my mood for the day. SInce I cover more than just D3 now I have a more steady posting of walls.

      

    HK

      

    All Artwork (C) Blizzard and Their Respected Owners named above.
    Wallpapers arranged by me

    submitted by /u/Holyknight3000
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth waiting for Diablo II: Resurrected to come out or should I get the original?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Diablo II with the Lord of Destruction expansion is (from what I heard) one of the best games ever made and I want to experience that. I'd not be surprised if D2:R "ruins" that for some people.

    So I just got to know, what would be the suggested one for a newcomer to get? (granted, I've played some of Diablo 1 and Diablo III with my dad, but I haven't played Diablo II).

    submitted by /u/MasterKlaw
    [link] [comments]

    D2:R Character Transfer Question

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    Hi, so i saw the devs said you would be able to transfer your characters over from d2 into resurrected, do they mean from closed battle.net or from open battle.net (other networks) i assumed from open but if im allowed to transfer from closed battle.net i might load the game up and get a head start, unless my characters are still there but its been far longer than 90 days.

    submitted by /u/dsmithcc
    [link] [comments]

    While changes are more popular than keeping it pristine...

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 10:32 PM PDT

    ...that might not be a reason to implement them.

    Yes, more people prefer games with 2021 gameplay and mechanics than people prefering those from 2000. Nothing anyone should actually be surprised of.

    But this market is oversaturated. We already have D3, PoE, Wolcen, Grim Dawn and whatsover there. And soon we will have D4 and D Immortal from Blizzard.

    Why should Blizzard let D2R compete with their new products which will make them more profit (because of MTX)? It wouldnt be a rational decision.

    Most people aren´t vegans and there are still shops and restaurants who just offer vegan food - successfully. Because they service a niche community, which hasn´t many alternatives.

    Same goes for D2R. D2 is a nowadays a niche game with a niche community. But if you give us what we want we will stay for another 20 years.
    Those people who are looking for a modern game will leave anyway after a few weeks - or latest once the newest fancy 2021 ARPG will release.

    submitted by /u/-Eitoku-
    [link] [comments]

    Least played class and build? Builds you never see? Skill trees you never see used?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Wondering what your guys opinions are on very low played classes and skill trees.

    I've recently used spear Amazon and claw assassin. Had tons of fun with both. Any other unique unplayed builds?

    submitted by /u/ytttvSWIMTEAMGENERAL
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 2 1080p?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    The highest the game gives me is 800 x 600. Is there any mod or patch to increase it to 1080 or 720?

    submitted by /u/TheGamerKitty1
    [link] [comments]

    Assuming i Wanna Farm vendors to find a +6Foh stick, what would be the requirement, restrictions and tricks you would give me? What would be the strategy

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    • Set loot filter to giant name for FOH stick so its impossible to miss

    • minimum affix level 60... are higher affixes a problem ?

    • Hell Drognan with gate next or akara and cow portal next to her

    • lots of patience

    • ms gear and vigor

    Am i missing something to improve the process?

    submitted by /u/The_Creatorist
    [link] [comments]

    Storytime: Cooldowns vs Resource Management

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    Cooldowns, D3 extravaganza:

    Last night I was in a brutal bar fight. I punched the guy in the face real good, he punched me back! I gave him a black eye, and he punched my front tooth in.

    From there we looked at each other, for seven seconds. I looked at him with a real angry face, telling him how hard I was gonna punch him once these seven seconds were up. Then out of nowhere he tried smashing my head with a beer bottle! He missed though, and stood with the bottle, saying he won't miss again in 30 seconds when he could swing the bottle again.

    Resource Management, D2 extravaganza:

    Last night I was in a brutal bar fight. I punched the guy in the face several times, giving him a black eye, he retaliated with a punch to my mouth, knocking my tooth in. I was in shock, I looked up at him angrily but right as I did, a beer bottle flew towards the side of my head.

    Luckily enough for me the man was drunk and he missed. He swung again without any hesitation, I threw my arm up in an attempt to block the blow, resulting in shattered glass and a large gash wound. With a bloody arm and adrenaline rushing through my veins, I tackled the man onto the ground with enough force to knock the wind out of him. I clocked him in the face with my fist then got up to grab a chair. Chair in hand, I was ready to deliver the finishing blow, however, I realized I was too tired and couldn't lift the chair over my head. Instead the guy grabbed my leg and... etc.

    My Opinion:

    Before you start crying and point out how "Only the OP skills in D3 have cooldowns, like WOTB, so why are you comparing that to punches?!?!?!" -Not true. 12/23 WD skills have a CD for example. Over half.

    I've played D2, D3, and POE. In my experience, cooldowns are immersion ruining and a copout balancing mechanic that takes away cool itemization strategies. Instead of wanting to increase ones mana pool, attack speed, stamina, and cast speed, it instead becomes AWWWW YEA HOW MUCH CD REDUCTION CAN I STACK LMAO.

    Cooldowns have their place, but this should be reserved to only very few skills. Also, I have never liked the super Saiyan 3 minute cooldown skills, feels gimicky and like you NEED to have them in order to compete. Bad game design, give the player choice, don't force them to play around broken ultimate's.

    Hopefully in Diablo 4, we see less cooldowns, and more abilities balanced by how fast you can cast them via cast rate/attack speed, and how much resources they cost to cast. (Immersion is really important to me! Cooldowns ruin immersion.)

    Thanks for the read, hope it painted a picture that regular text posts have trouble painting.

    submitted by /u/Sixstep56
    [link] [comments]

    Instead of buying an overpriced 4K monitor for D2R, I thought of buying a 4K tv since RPGs like Diablo aren’t as demanding Monitorwise than FPS games. Do you think it’ll do the trick?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    What should I look spec wise to make it optimal

    Been playing Diablo games and Path of Exile... and pretty much everything else on my 2010 42" Samsung tv. Wonder if I can do it again with a 4K tv

    submitted by /u/The_Creatorist
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 2 resurrect: Give Mouse/kb user option if 6 active skills like console/gamepad versions

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    Demon hunter Hatred problem

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    I want to use The strafe for a long period of time but my hatred seem to run out quite fast . got any ideas to fix this problem

    submitted by /u/JuicyPlanets
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Loot Wednesday - March 17, 2021

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to this week's installment of the Weekly Loot Wednesday thread!

    Have you found something an item so amazing that you can't help but share it? Maybe you found a perfect trifecta Ring of Royal Grandeur, or a Wand of Woh with a socket, but there was no one to see it? Post your awesome loot here, so you can enjoy the fame (and upvotes)! Be sure to check back regularly to see what amazing items others may have found. Show support for this and point people here as this will help keep "look what I found" post from clogging up the front page. Also please consider sorting by new to see what new things people have posted!


    Tips:

    • When posting an image, make sure you crop it and use imgur for the best quality and upvotes.

    • Show the item's stat ranges by holding Ctrl when taking a screenshot.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread or any other ideas, please message the mods.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Progression and Activities

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 01:33 AM PDT

    I think Guilds/Communities should have some small way to evolve. Maybe, as your guildmates complete in-game activities such as dungeons, world bosses and so on, they all very slowly contribute to guild XP. And as the guild levels up, it unlocks very small passive bonuses, access to guild features like guild bank, more slots (that can also be bought right away with in-game gold or real money), some cosmetic rewards, maybe a guild hideout at the max level where you have all the crafting stations and essential merchants in one place, and ideally all those stations and merchants would have to be unlocked with gold because that would add a nice gold sink into the top tier parts of the playerbase.

    At max level the guild would unlock the ability to spend insane amounts of gold from the guild bank to create guild events. For example, they could create a special 1h gold/magic find bonus for the entire guild (a message of the day would be good to inform everyone about planned events like that).

    As much as I hate the fact that multiplayer is forced in D4, and that there is unsoloable content (because all content in previous Diablo games is soloable).. it's clear blizzard doesn't care about solo purists like me with D4.. so I might as well just go with it while coming up with ideas, but do know that I personally couldn't care less about anything that's multiplayer or pvp related. And that's why I think guilds should also be able to do Raids.

    Now, as a solo player, I do not want Raids to contain ANY loot that's specific to a raid because that just means I will never get it and I don't agree with gating actual functional items behind solo activities or multiplayer activities. People should be able to enjoy their game like they want to and no one should be forced to play singleplayer or multiplayer. All functional loot should be obtainable by every solo player and every group/guild player since it's a Diablo game, not a full MMO. I'm okay with cosmetics tho, and I do think the overall chance of finding gear should be a lot higher in a Raid. I think raids should be time gated or limited in some other way tho, because we probably don't want guilds to feel forced to repeat raids over and over again forever and ignore the entire rest of the game because raids are more efficient. Maybe organising/unlocking a raid event would cost a lot of resources, or raids would be limited to being able to do each specific raid only once per week. And ofcourse every Raid should also have a solo mode, like everything else in the game. Playing in a group was always inherently easier and more efficient in all Diablo games, but everything was always soloable, that's a core element of Diablo that shouldn't be changed.

    For the insanely dedicated guilds, there could be some way to increase the difficulty of those raids to insane levels, to test their limits. For example being able to use a lot of resources (crafting mats, gold and possibly some materials that drop from normal raids) to create a special Dungeon/Raid key that greatly increases the difficulty and rewards. Note that I previously said raids should be limited in some way and I said one way would be to make them time gated, but before you get all angry about time gating (I know how much people dislike it so I'm going to repeat something here), remember that this is just one example. I see a lot of people being in favor of resource limitations rather than cooldowns when it comes to skills, so the raids could require a lot of resources instead of being time gated.

    I'm not sure how big the guild system will be in D4, but I think since the game apparently can handle a lot of players on screen at the same time (world bosses), there could be some form of guild vs guild pvp. It definitely wouldn't be 2 full guilds fighting with each other, but rather designated teams chosen by each guild. Add a guild pvp leaderboard to it and I'm sure a ton of pvp fans will find it exciting. Having a guild pve leaderboards for completing dungeons and that kind of stuff would also be nice.

    submitted by /u/TheCurious42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment