• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 20, 2020

    Diablo What stat do I replace with Critical hit chance? Necro LOD Corpse Explosion

    Diablo What stat do I replace with Critical hit chance? Necro LOD Corpse Explosion


    What stat do I replace with Critical hit chance? Necro LOD Corpse Explosion

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:46 PM PST

    About to test diablo immortals. AMA

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:39 PM PST

    Title:

    Edit:

    I am taking screenshots as I play which I may post later today if that is allowed.

    submitted by /u/spruceX
    [link] [comments]

    White Items and Crafting in Diablo 4

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:09 PM PST

    After the last blog post, I was convinced that Rare and even Magic items could be an essential part of the gearing process in D4, which is a breath of fresh air since in D3 everything that's not a Set/Legendary item is junk. But what about white (Common) items? In D2 they had some value - Runewords or the Class specific items could roll with a number of good skill-up affixes. Looking at what Last Epoch has done to crafting, I came up with the following suggestion. The idea is not to just farm X amount of mats and conjure an item into existence, but to hunt for a specific stat from a specific rarity of items.

    General Philosophy

    The idea behind crafted items in Diablo 4 is to allow the player some control over the gear he or she can acquire. Also it allows white items to still have a purpose in the game. Since all the drops are randomly generated a certain level of predictability could be used by new and veteran players alike to hit some of the stat thresholds within Diablo 4. But this should all come with a fair price, consisting of the right crafting components and a hefty sum of gold.

    Brief Introduction

    • Extract crating materials which are associated with a certain stat from magic, rare and legendary items. This process could be done via the Horradric Cube or a Crafting NPC.

    • Upon extraction, the item is destroyed.

    • The extracted item bonuses are converted into materials called essences - Lesser, Normal and Greater.

    • Lesser Essence is extracted from Magic Items, Normal from Rare Items and Greater Essence from Legendary Items:

    - The stats from Lesser Essences can roll between 30-50% of the stat capacity. For example: 30-50 Mana;

    - The stats from Normal Essences can roll between 51-75% of the stat capacity. (51-75 Mana);

    - The stats from Grater Essences can roll between 76-100% of the stat capacity. (76-100 Mana);

    • You can only equip 3 crafted items at a time - 1 weapon and 2 armor pieces.

    • Use a white item as your base.

    • Crafted items also come in 3 quality types - Normal, Elite, Exceptional.

    • The quality of the craft determines the number of stat rolls and their possible ranges.

    • One of the item bonuses is completely random. Normal crafted items allow you to select one predetermined stat, Elite - 2, Exceptional - 3.

    • Crafted items are soulbound and are named after the character who crafts them. (Suggestion: The materials however can be traded)

    • Crafting plans are world drops. The Crafting NPC also needs to be the appropriate level required for the plans.

    • Crafted items have purple text

    Mock-up images attached.

    Normal Crafted Item - https://i.imgur.com/sJPH9gT.png

    Elite Crafted Item - https://i.imgur.com/u6vZ81f.png

    Exceptional Crafted Item - https://i.imgur.com/WP0iNPt.png

    Essences - https://i.imgur.com/nCcH4zZ.png

    Legend - https://i.imgur.com/lH51CgG.png

    Edit: Updated some of the links Edit 2: Maybe Normal, Elite and Exquisite Essences are more intuitive names, but I don't have time to redo the links at this time.

    submitted by /u/Doomscream
    [link] [comments]

    Immortal

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:59 PM PST

    Is it just me, or does Diablo Immortal look exactly like Diablo 3 with a different UI and whatnot.. ?

    submitted by /u/Nichols2724
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new player, just hit 70. Tips?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Just picked up Diablo 3 (or any Diablo game for that matter) the other day for the very first time and I am enjoying it so far. Hit 70 earlier today and I'm a little overwhelmed with everything unlocked in "end game".

    Playing a witch doctor class if that matters, but I was looking for any general tips or links to useful YouTube videos for someone brand new to the series and to end game.

    Any and all help is very much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/therealwatsy
    [link] [comments]

    Halo. I want play Diablo Immortal from Khazakstan. But how?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:10 PM PST

    I am ready to download. Please tell me how. I beg you.

    submitted by /u/MrAnderson888
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a cd key for D2, how do I link it to my bnet account?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:35 PM PST

    The code I got is 26 characters and the game itself accepts it but bnet wants the 16 character key in order to link it. How do I do this?

    submitted by /u/JustSomeGoon
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 3 - PS4 player looking for some friends to play with!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:13 PM PST

    Just started playing last season and am loving this season! Just need some peeps to play with. PSN is ChiTown-Scout please add me. Thanks and happy hunting everyone

    submitted by /u/GolgariThug03
    [link] [comments]

    MrLlamaSC on the new Diablo IV December updates. Detailed analysis.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:43 PM PST

    Has the new player experience on D3 been reworked?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    I am about to recommend the game to two friends so we can play hardcore characters together. However, when I last played the game, leveling was in a very bad place and completely unchallenging. Has this been reworked?

    submitted by /u/Maxlu96
    [link] [comments]

    Sorc in Nightmare playing Belzebub

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:13 AM PST

    I'm in Nightmare difficulty playing a sorcerer. I can't kill Diablo! Any tips please?

    submitted by /u/stoind
    [link] [comments]

    Emergent vs Pre-designed Gameplay | Quarterly Update Feedback

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:03 AM PST

    Ok I might be wrong but it seems to me like the current direction essentially has the same flaws as D3's design. It looks deeper, but it really isn't, which will probably lead to the same issues with the game.

    Take the new stat system for example. It seems to me like break-point effects would always dominate any gains from arbitrary stat acquisitions, as otherwise they would be pretty lack-luster. This means that the actual choice here is which break-point effects do I want for my build? and then just allocating your stats so that you would get them. You are basically choosing 4 passives, but with extra steps that make it feel deep without really adding depth.

    The same goes with legendary affixes. They are super-discrete choices (you either have them or not), exactly like the break-point effects on skills. Since they are not item-bound / slot-bound, the real choice is just which legendary affixes do I want for my build? and then farming until you get them. Again, you are choosing 4 passives, but with extra steps that make it feel deep without really adding depth.

    Since these two systems cover the skills and items, I think this means your choices for your character basically boils down to choice of like 8 passives or something.

    Note that this is NOT an issue on itself. It is just when your choices are so binary / discreet, designing them and balancing them in a way that allows for emergent gameplay becomes much MUCH harder. This is what happened to D3 in the end: they first gave us lots of streamlined discrete choices, but the emergent gameplay, i.e. top builds that the players found on their own, basically broke the game. To mitigate, the devs assumed full control of how the game should be played, leaning towards a pre-designed gameplay style.

    And I know this might not be the popular opinion around here, but this was the main flaw of D3. Not lack of character permanence, not lack of stat allocation, even not having a super huge and deep skill-tree. It was that we were pushed to play in particular ways the devs wanted us to, instead of playing the way we liked. This is what takes from replay-ability. Not an illusion of choice (e.g. the proposed stat system) or necessity of long grinds (e.g. farming legendaries with proper affixes).

    To re-iterate, I don't think the discrete nature of these choices will inherently lead to a stale meta and therefore lack of replay-ability. I just think its much harder to design a game ripe for emergent gameplay and creative solutions with such systems in place.

    The reason is also simple: take a particular affix / effect X. Your only choice with regards to this affix is having it / not having it in a particular build (there is no 20% having it or something). If not having it differs much from having it, this means a great difference between the exactly correct version of a particular build and non-correct ones. If the difference is not that much, and the number of such choices is rather limited, then you don't have that many meaningful choices to begin with. If there is an abundance of such choices, then it already is something akin to +X points to this / +Y% to that rather than discrete binary choices, so it would have been better to design it that way to begin with.

    This can be balanced though, if:

    • There is a relative abundance of these choices, with all of them being meaningful (for example, each skill having multiple break-point effects for different stats)
    • These effects / affixes work physically together and can be mixed and matched as such, so their synergies is not pre-determined.
    • There are non-binary choices (e.g. stats) that DO NOT compete with either each other or these affixes, so generally the difference between the perfect build and not-so-perfect-but-cool build is mitigated to some degree and the game can be efficiently designed around both of them being fun to play.
    submitted by /u/lorean_victor
    [link] [comments]

    D3 getting less FPS Recently

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:31 AM PST

    3-4 months ago and ever since I got this PC build I've been consistently getting 80+ FPS no matter what build I use. Max settings except for shadows. For most of season 21 I was hovering right at 60 FPS. I assumed the drop was because of the GoD set.

    This season I'm playing GoD again (all solo). And this season since opening night I'm doing well to get 40fps. I've dropped to minimum settings on everything and it jumped to 50fps. But this is pretty frustrating. I don't play a whole lot of PC games. Mainly just d3 and Hearthstone. So I hate the thought of buying a new GPU right now. But I can't figure out what else my issue would be.

    So I ask Reddit: does it sound like my graphics card is crapping out?

    Pc specs (same rig for well over a year): GeForce Gtx 980 (4gb I believe) Ryzen 5 1600 16 gb ddr4 3200 ram

    submitted by /u/PrimetimeCP23
    [link] [comments]

    The minions of Hell grow stronger

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:39 AM PST

    The minions of Hell grow stronger

    Pics here

    Got my Diablo bust today, just in time to celebrate Christmas all together

    Missing vintage Diablo action figure atm, i'll wait a couple months so my gf won't notice any difference

    Jokes aside, too bad Blizz didn't produce more stuff for D3, hopefully there will be more class specific for D4. My beloved WD is just a mini minion compared to others...

    I wish everyone a happy Xmas and that 2021 will bring back our lives to normality

    PS: i also tried to make an unboxing video of Lilith a couple of months ago, if you are interested feel free to click the link, it's in italian with english sub, you can turn off audio and admire Lilith in all her beauty or turn on audio and improve your bappa di boopy beepy di babay di

    Lilith unboxing ITA [sub eng]

    https://preview.redd.it/bgikbh17ob661.jpg?width=4608&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=27c644fca3d747a848730ba017a149489b70f207

    https://preview.redd.it/i8ce7c27ob661.jpg?width=3456&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8f9667779421ae687e7b7e1d0546ba4d318cc703

    https://preview.redd.it/41xapj17ob661.jpg?width=4608&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b7248b1b10fd0976a07027bc51e551f8908f899d

    https://preview.redd.it/joirq617ob661.jpg?width=5184&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=31186be5d79e77a1cc8684281bf3cbc61b3a1e1e

    submitted by /u/OraKKK
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth buying Diablo 2 right now?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:42 AM PST

    So most of my hours in ARPGs has been in PoE and a little bit of Wolcen. I've tried D3 trial as well. I've never played Diablo 2 before but I'm thinking of buying it. But I saw a couple of videos saying that it's filled with bots who pickup all the loot before you get a chance and stuff like that.

    So what's the state of Diablo 2 like? Also, will it go on sale for christmas+new year? I don't mind spending 20$ for the game plus LoD but I don't want to buy it at that price now and see it's 50% off in a week or so

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SR7_cs
    [link] [comments]

    What is a likely scenario where the cube recipe 'Wrath of Iben Fahd' (convert Veiled Crystals) would be useful?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:01 AM PST

    I was starved for Veiled crystals again and going through the cube recipes and wondered whether there was any player ever that has used the following cube recipe https://imgur.com/a/w1dfy1V

    Edit: thank you for your answers. The recipe thus makes sense to have. Perhaps the way I play is biased from yours. I only pick up whites usually as they can be sharded into ~9 reusable parts. Yellows only 1. So I use the cube recipe to turn them into veiled crystals. I am most of the time veiled crystal starved. There are also places where it is quite easy to obtain whites (act V graveyard, the battlegrounds).

    submitted by /u/Morkph
    [link] [comments]

    When I saw the Butcher of D3 looked like a WWE character, I threw in the towel on Diablo 3 being epic.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:29 PM PST

    However Diablo Immortal and Diablo 4 looks pretty awesome.

    submitted by /u/MrAnderson888
    [link] [comments]

    Half my wizard skills are missing!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:58 AM PST

    Only been playing for two weeks, got a wizard at torment IV, and noticed legendary with ARCHON stats dropping.
    Archon?
    I don't have archon. Seriously.

    So I checked: half my skill categories are not there. All I have is powers and conjuration.

    I half remember that There were more skill categories at one stage and that I could slide the menu over. Well, I can't.

    No: slow time, explosive blast, teleport, mirror image, archon, black hole.

    Is this a known bug? Or am I missing something obvious?

    submitted by /u/Alaishana
    [link] [comments]

    I know people are gonna hate this question, but: Is Diablo 3 worth a purchase this late?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:57 AM PST

    More specifically. I never played Diablo. I've played a bit of Path of Exile, Torchlight, and even a little bit of the Van Helsing games. I don't dislike these kinda of top down dungeon crawling arpgs. In fact, I like them if they can hook me.

    My question...it's almost 2021. Diablo 3 Eternal Collection is on sale on Xbox for $20. Is it still worth grabbing? I remember hearing complaints back around release of it being a super short game or something. And how it wasn't as good as previous Diablos. But that was around launch, and I, myself, have no first hand knowledge. I could even be remembering wrong.

    Anyone wanna help me out? I'd like to know how much content I'm getting. Like, how much content is in the base game, how much content the dlc has, how long I could be expected to play if I enjoy it. Things like that. $20 doesn't sound like a ton, but I don't really have money to waste on games I'm not gonna play, so I try to be picky. If I don't get Diablo, there's other options.

    submitted by /u/TXFDA
    [link] [comments]

    Plea to Blizzard to stop buffing sets!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:03 AM PST

    at this point its all pretty balanced so i rather have them focus on new items or lod or lon or even implement new features of immortal into d3 then buffing sets again and again.

    submitted by /u/Substantial-Curve-51
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo Immortal's Trading System: Only Market Value Trades Allowed

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Diablo Immortal's trading system is explain here: https://youtu.be/6aqcGB21aHg?t=1220

    You can only trade gems and certain other items that don't include gear. Items can only be sold at market value. As I've been saying, the D3 devs killing trading because they think the only way to prevent 3rd party item sellers is with a RMAH or no trade is total nonsense.

    A 3rd party item seller gives something of value for something of 0 value in-game while collecting money out of game. As I've been saying, to stop this, the main principle is to have a rule that says only equal-value-for-equal-value trades are allowed. That's what Diablo Immortal does.

    I'm glad they copied my trading idea (but applied only to gems and non-gear). Here's what I wrote previously:

    • The trading window should be removed. It allows for real money item sellers.
    • The only way to trade should be through an auction house with the item list prices determined by the market price, because this completely prevents real money item sellers.
    • An alternative method of targeting items is for the server to generate, say, 1% of the items that would otherwise be generated through in-game drops, and to put them on a AH and allow people to bid on them.

    The only potential way around this is paying someone to dump a ton of gold to manipulate the price of an item, but that can be solved by trimming out extreme effects on prices when it is caused by a small number of people.

    Now expand this to D4 and allow gear, not just gems.

    submitted by /u/eigenscape
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment