• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 11, 2020

    Diablo Diablols 2 Ep 1 "New Char"

    Diablo Diablols 2 Ep 1 "New Char"


    Diablols 2 Ep 1 "New Char"

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Diablo has been a huge part of my life. Today, I got the tattoo I've always wanted.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    GoD build - Noob help plz!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm a noob following build guides for the first time and have questions specifically about the GoD build.

    So, I used the Shadow gear from the season for the Impale build for the last little whole and it worked really well. I could one shout everything. Hadn't pushed as far as possible, just slowly progressing, but I could one shot a GR 60 boss. I was planning to switch to GoD once I got that set and I've just completed all 6 set items. So I geared my character up with them and the two recommended rings (Focus and Restraint), but I don't have the weapons (Dawn and Valla's Bequest) or the amulet (The Flavor of Time). I do have the legendary gems. Also have the Wraps of Clarity bracers. Oh also do not have the Hunter's Wrath belt.

    Anyway... I headed into a T10 rift and could not kill anything. Strafing around, sealing way less damage than the impale build, and just dying before I can kill a mob.

    So I guess my questions are 1) is GoD build just not doable until I have all the exact recommended gear? 2) can I get all of that gear from Kadala if I'm lucky? 3) Are there other ways to get any of the missing gear other than just waiting for the drops?

    If you read all this and have any thoughts to share then you're awesome. Thanks!!!!

    submitted by /u/ripSDchargers
    [link] [comments]

    [Update] D2ModMaker v0.3.1 w/ Randomizer

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, this is a followup post from my previous post earlier this week. I had never anticipated anyone using this project and there are almost 70 users in the discord!

    Links

    Support

    I have been asked several times, "How can I support the project?" so now you can do so by buying me a coffee!

    Donations will help support development in the project whether that is new features or bug fixes.

    Anyone who donates, will get recognition in the form of a Patron role in the Discord.

    Thanks!

    Change Log

    v0.3.1

    • Fixed an issue where unique drop rate multipliers less than 10 would actually reduce drop rates

    v0.3.0

    • Fixed an issue where seeding wasn't working correctly
    • Fixed an issue where IncreaseMonsterDensity couldn't be a value between 0 and 1

    v0.2.0

    • Fixed issue where buckets were incorrect for the IsBalanced option.
    • Added new option to cfg
      • EnterToExit bool
        • If this is true, this will require the user to press enter to close the program
        • If false, it will not prompt user input

    v0.1.6

    • Cowzzz bool
      • Enables ability to kill cow king and still make cow portal
      • Adds ability to cube 1 town portal scroll to make the cow portal
    submitted by /u/SpankTrain
    [link] [comments]

    My Blind Diablo II Experience Day 8

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Sorry for not posting last week, the ram in my PC decided to give out and I had to wait for the replacement to arrive. I really should just replace my computer since it's several years old and I plan to within a few months, but I'd prefer to just perform maintenance on it for now.

    Day 8:

    After several days and nights by sea, I reach Kurast. By just looking around, I can tell this place has been hit hard; the dirt is pitch black, it's raining constantly and many buildings and walls seem to have been torn down. Upon arrival, I am greeted by Hratli, a sorcerer with a specialty in metal works. He tells me that many of the people of Kurast have already been decimated by Mephisto's forces and that the only place that's safe anymore is by the docks where a warding spell had been cast over it to keep the evil at bay. After speaking with the locals I meet a few different characters to note. First there's Ormus who is a mage with a weird habit of talking in the third person, next there's Alkor, an alchemist who clearly doesn't like to be bothered, then there's Natalya who is a warrior tasked with dealing with evil sorcerers and lastly there's Asheara, the leader of the mercenary group called the Iron Wolves. After speaking with the locals, I talk to Deckard Cain who just tells me to go out and find Diablo and Baal before they reach Mephisto. With no other information to obtain and no quests to obtain from the locals, I set out into the jungle.

    Immediately upon leaving the docks, I encounter the dark wanderer. Any attempt to interact with him proved pointless as he teleports away, leaving only a few demons in his place. Progressing a bit further I encounter a few wooden golem-like creatures (I wasn't paying attention to the name of the creature), one of which dropped a jade figurine. After picking the figurine up, I return to the docks to find out what I can get from it. According to Cain, Meshif, the sailor who brought me here, has a fondness for figurines and I should show it to him. Giving the jade figurine to Meshif, he exchanges it for a golden bird statuette he'd been holding on to. Showing the statuette to Cain, he tells me about a sage named Ku Y'leh and that his ashes were kept in a strange statuette. I, then give the statuette to Alkor, to see if he can do anything with it. He thanks me for giving him the statuette and tells me he will make me something and that I should return later. To try and find out what to do, I head back out into the jungle for a bit, and upon returning to the port, Deckard Cain tells me some more information on how to find and defeat Mephisto before it's too late. According to him, Mephisto is being held in a prison within the Guardian Tower of the Temple City of Travincal, but the only way to get to him is to destroy the Compelling Orb, which he used to control the Zakarum Priests and the only way to destroy it is to use an ancient flail imbued the will of the only priest Mephisto couldn't corrupt, Khalim, Que-Hegan of the High Council. Khalim, by Mephisto's orders, was killed and dismembered, with his body parts being spread across Kurast to prevent the flail from being remade. In order to craft the ancient flail, I must, first, seek out Khalim's three relics, his heart, his brain and his eye, as well as the ancient flail and, using the Horadric Cube, I must combine the them to make the imbued flail. Before setting out to search for Khalim's relics, I pay a quick visit to Alkor who gives me a potion that he mixed using the ashes of Ku Y'leh called the Potion of Life which permanently increases my Life by 20 which is nice.

    After searching around the jungle for a while, I return to port for a bit to talk to Hratli, who had returned to his forge, in order to repair my gear. He, then, tells me that the spell that is protecting the docks is weakening and that I must seek out a sword named Gidbinn which will be able to strengthen the spell again. I decide to search for the sword first, since protecting the docks is the main priority and it probably won't take as long to find the sword than it will finding the relics.

    After proceeding back into the Spider Forest, as it's called, I continue towards the Flayer Jungle, where the sword is supposedly located. Upon entering and proceeding deeper into the Flayer Jungle, I get swarmed by a lot of Flayers, fortunately a greater health potion is enough to counteract the DPS they deal, allowing me to easily kill all of them as well as their Shaman. Eventually I reach the back of the jungle where I find the sword, but after attempting to take the sword it disappears and then I'm attacked by more Flayers, just not as many as before. After taking care of them, one of the Flayers dropped the real Gidbinn. Once I obtained it, I quickly return to the docks and give the sword to Ormus, who thanks me for returning the sword to him while still talking in the third person and he says he'll use it to reinforce the protection spell. Once I was done finishing my business in the Flayer Jungle, I return to the Spider Forest, in search of the Spider Cavern, where Khalim's Eye is located. Once I found the entrance to the Spider Cavern, I make a quick retreat back to the docks to stock up on potions and repair my gear. Upon talking to Ormus to buy some potions, he all of a sudden gives me a rare ring called the Viper Touch which is pretty decent, increasing my max damage by one, my total mana by 16, providing 14% of resist poison as well as increasing the chance of getting magic weapon drops by 8%.

    Getting everything I needed, I return to the Spider Cavern entrance and proceed down it. Just as the name suggests, the cavern is full of spiders, though even though the area above is called the Spider Forest, I haven't encountered a single spider, except for the tiny harmless ones that crawl from the cacoons after I break them. After exploring the labyrinth that is the Spider Cavern, I eventually come across a glowing chest, which drops lots of gold, some potions and, most importantly, Khalim's Eye.

    Once I got what I came for, I make my way back to the docks. Upon returning I talk to Deckard Cain and he confirms that the eye is indeed Khalim's Eye. After making sure my gear is in check and I'm stocked up on potions, I take rest up as I should try to while I still can.

    End of Session Stats:

    Zuldylm

    Level: 22 -> 23

    Strength: 66 -> 67

    Dexterity: 49 -> 48

    Vitality: 57 -> 59

    Energy: 23

    Skill Update:

    Zeal Level 2 -> 3

    End of Day 8:

    Well since I got my computer up and running again, I should be able to play tomorrow and hopefully I can find time during the middle of the upcoming weeks to play as I want to try and finish the main story before late August as that's when my fall semester starts.

    submitted by /u/jmfindorff
    [link] [comments]

    Powercurves - get it right for D4 blizzard!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    It would be nice if there were more than just 5 playable classes at launch. We’ve been there, done that for the last two Diablo games.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Impress us beyond our expectations! Seven classes exist from D2, plus Wizard/Monk/Crusader/WD/DH from D3...

    I realise there is some overlap but that is already 12 pre-existing classes, not to mention any brand new classes you could bring to D4!

    Don't limit yourselves to just picking five, that is such an artificial limit and the bare minimum for Diablo 4... and I'm sure you don't want the next iteration of this beloved franchise to be the "just enough" but rather the genre-defining release it should be.

    submitted by /u/leaguegotold
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: The original art from one of D2's grand charms is from a 1100 year old viking runestone found in my hometown in Denmark. To bad it didn't really fit in my inventory.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:27 AM PDT

    Question on legacy of nightmares

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I wanted to ask does the bonus for every ancient item also apply if the rings are ancient to? Or is it just all the other legendaries? the reason I ask is that I'm trying to use these rings until I can get the legacy of dreams gem up high enough where I can do about the same damage.

    submitted by /u/Mansome_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 3 (2020) | Benchmark | RTX 2080 ti | i9 9900k | Ultrawide 3840x1600

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Random theory crafting about Diablo IV's Hell

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    As a result of me being locked at home (covid infection, no symptoms thankfully) without pc, I've been thinking of how Hell might look in Diablo IV as a way of fighting the boredom, and I decided to write it down for some fun.

    I'm aware of the fact that there's no information on Hell in Diablo IV, apart from the confirmation that we're going into Hell. This post doesn't pretend to accurately predict anything from the final game, but to have some fun while we wait for news (and while I wait to get back to normal life).

    First: are we actually going to Hell? In Diablo 2 we took a portal that would lead to Hell itself, thinking of it as a realm completely separated from Sanctuary. In Diablo 3, we did basically walk into it, as a portion of Hell seemed to emerge from the crater Arreat. To my understanding, in D1 an D3 we do not get out of Sanctuary: Hell is invading Sanctuary. We have no clues about this in D4. I like to think that "Hell is coming" might be a literal prediction of what's going to happen, but being honest, it looks like a literary device that just sounds cool.

    Second: how/when will this incursion happen in the story? Since D4 will be non-linear, it makes sense to have a portion of land reserved for the conclusion of the campaign. This way, we would be able to complete the content of any of the 5 regions in any order, keeping a "final area" inaccessible and separated from these regions to make sure we will visit it at the very end. Hell would be a perfect fit for this role.

    This doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be any more campaign content in the surface after finishing Hell (we actually must consider that future expansions will add new regions and story content). But I think our visit to the burning realm will be kept out of our reach until we fulfill a number of campaign objectives in the initial 5 regions.

    Third: dungeon, or new region? This probably depend on the length of this part of the story. If the incursion into Hell is just meant as an scenario for the final boss, then 2-3 levels of random dungeon might be enough before the encounter. But if they implemented Hell as it own region (probably smaller than the rest of regions of the game, let's think of D2's Act IV), we might even get a fixed map with it own dungeons, quests, pvp zones and endgame content.

    A different approach would be implementing Hell as an endgame mechanic itself. The possibilities here would be endless: Hell as a place to fight uber bosses, Hell as a set of endgame dungeons that appears randomly, Hell as an endless dungeon with increasing difficulty, etc.

    Finally: how will it look? The art we were shown at Blizzcon points to the classic rivers of fire and magma, and I'm pretty sure we'll get that. The question is: will there be more regions? In Diablo 2 we visited a grey and foreboding City of the Damned, while in Diablo 3 we descended through the imposing Towers of Azmodan, both good examples of new and unexplored landscapes that might take place within an environment with such a design potential. After seeing how D4 scenarios and dungeons look in it new engine, I can't wait to see what the art team will bring for our descent into the Burning Hells.

    I've been wondering about other questions and possibilities related to this place, but I just wanted to share these in order to, hopefully, know more about your ideas and wishes.

    Thanks for reading. Stay safe and have a great weekend.

    submitted by /u/Ropp_Stark
    [link] [comments]

    How many cultural/mythological references are present in the game?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Anu is from sumerian mythology (the first religion for the first being).

    Tathamet looks like Tiamat a deity from Babylonian mythology.

    Diablo is the devil from christianity.

    Baal is from semitic religion and a demon from chistianity.

    Mephisto is a demon from german folklore.

    Lilith is from Jewish, Sumerian, Akkadian, Assirian and Babylonian folklore.

    These are the most famous references i found. Is there anything less obvious?

    submitted by /u/StefanoBeast
    [link] [comments]

    Azmodan, the Lord of Sin Lore

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    [OC] [ART] Finished Painting a WizKids Pathfinder Battles (Deep cuts) Pit Devil-- customized with a twist- In recognition of last weeks 20th anniversary of Diablo 2 launching, I customized the mini and painted it and the base to be Diablo!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    I hope they keep the monk class in D4.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    I know D4 will play so much differently from D3, but I really hope they find a way to keep the monk class into the game. The monk class was honestly my favorite. My hope is that if they add the monk they'll add healing and support skills/talents into the tree line. Maybe even some tanking ability.

    submitted by /u/MrMoose1
    [link] [comments]

    ONE MAN ARMY HARDCORE CRUSADER

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    BlueTracker | Compilation of Blizzard's comments of the week

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Follow us on r/blue_tracker and @blue_tracker


    You will find all comments below

    submitted by /u/blue_trackerbot
    [link] [comments]

    Can a sub-70 character gamble ancient items?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    When gambling w/ sub-70 characters, can we get ancient items? for example, Mortick's brace have an insanely good legendary power but are otherwise pretty weak unless ancient... and gambling for them is very easy with a lvl 31 character but can I get the ancient version or do I have to gamble with my lvl70 character to do so?

    submitted by /u/tisek
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 4 Some things I'd like to see.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    A list of things that i would personally like to see implemented in Diablo 4.

    More Gem types - Why did Diablo 3 get rid of the skull and sapphire?

    • Sapphire (Blue)
    • Topaz (Yellow)
    • Ruby (Red)
    • Emerald (Green)
    • Garnet (Orange)
    • Amethyst (Purple)
    • Diamond (White)
    • Onyx (Black)
    • Skull (Grey)

    Rare Cosmetics/Dyes

    • Dyes - I want dyes to be rare tradeable consumable items found in the world that can be used infinitely. I don't like that in Diablo 3 every dye is given to you already. I want to find them in the world and hunt for that rare dye that you really want to make your character look awesome. It feels more rewarding to find items that make you look cool rather than already looking cool from the start.
    • Cosmetics - I want cosmetics to be rare tradeable items that can be found in the world as well. (It was fun farming for cosmic wings in Diablo 3. It would be nice to trade them though.)

    Socketable Town Portal to customize the color.

    • Blue - Socketing a sapphire into the town portal will make it dark blue
    • Red - Socketing a ruby into your town portal will make it dark red
    • Green - Socketing an emerald into your town portal will make it dark green
    • Purple - Socketing an amethyst into your town portal will make it dark purple
    • Yellow - Socketing a topaz into your town portal will make it dark yellow
    • Orange - Socketing a garnet into your town portal will make it dark orange
    • White - Socketing a diamond into your town portal will make it angelic white
    • Black - Socketing an onyx into your town portal will make it demonic black
    • Grey - Socketing a skull into your town portal will make it grey

    Level

    I want the max level to be 100 where each level scales starting from 1. Diablo 2's leveling system was perfect.

    Item Tiers

    I don't like that Diablo 3's items dropped are based on your character's current level. It makes every item prior to level 70 useless. A better system would be to have item tiers. Probably 3 tiers or so where each tier higher would have increased damage, defense or affix roles. Diablo 2's system is pretty awesome.

    Rare items

    There needs to be items that don't drop as often and some that are just extremely rare.

    Trading

    I want to be able to trade everything I find. It gives value to items. Being able to trade items gets me excited for items I may have never been excited for because other players want the items I don't. Free trade is a cornerstone of successful arpgs. I don't like the idea of everything bind on pickup, people should be able to play the way they want to play. People will bot and sell items/account services for real money with or without open trade. Binding items on pickup really only hurts the legit players that want to have a fun trading community. I think the pros of open trade outweigh the cons.

    Skills

    Skills primary source of damage and resource cost shoud be leveling up the skill not based on weapon damage. Weapon damage should only be a secondary source of damage and should be balanced for each class. A physical attack character might use more weapon attack for their source of damage. I think that skills should have a maximum cooldown of 5 seconds if any cooldown at all. I'd rather have a resource system with potions, resource per hit, resource regeneration, etc. The cooldowns and resource system doesn't matter to me too much. Just as long as it is fun to use.

    Items

    All items have an innate affix unique to that type of item as well as possible affixes depending on rarity.

    • Normal - 1 innate affix varies from item to item
    • Magic - 1-3 possible affixes
    • Rare - 4-6 possible affixes
    • Set - 5 static affixes with set bonuses
    • Legendary - 6 static affixes with a legendary power
    • Rare with Legendary power obtained when using a consumable.

    Make items have Identity. Why should I use a dagger over a sword? Does the dagger have more attack speed? Is the swords innate affix x% chance to bleed and would be perfect for my build? Should I use a dusk shroud over an ornate plate? The dusk shroud has and innate affix of x% to resistances but the ornate plate has the highest amount of defense any armor can have.

    • Helmet - 3 possible sockets
    • Body Armor - 6 possible sockets
    • Gloves - 2 possible sockets
    • Bracers - no sockets
    • Pants - 4 possible sockets
    • Boots - 2 possible sockets
    • Belt - 1 possible socket
    • Ring - 1 possible socket
    • Amulet - 1 possible socket
    • Weapon - 3-6 possible sockets depending on the weapon 3 for one handers/ 6 for two handers.
    • Off-Hand - 3 possible sockets

    :

    • A consumable that puts a legendary power onto a Rare item

    • A consumable that creates a copy of a Rare item

    • A consumable that adds 1 socket to an item - can be used more than once to keep adding sockets to an item. If you have more of them of course.

    Charms

    I would love to see charms come back to Diablo 4 with a special inventory for them.

    Cube and crafting

    I would love to have the cube come back in some way. Probably involved with crafting somehow.

    PvP

    • PvP zones in the open world
    • PvP gamemodes moba style

    Goblins, Secret/Rare levels

    Itemization/Affixes/Numbers

    Sets should not tie into skills specifically but generally to one class or all for more build diversity. Skills could have tags like projectile or fire damage. This lets any item that increases skills under projectile or fire damage be used by multiple classes instead of just one class and skill. NO crazy damage percentage like in D3 and smaller numbers. My characters maximum damage should be 1,000 not 1,000,000 with crazy crits Whirlwind gains the effect of the Dust Devils rune and all Whirlwind and Rend damage is increased by 10000% (6 pieces) Instead of +3 to Meteor (Sorceress Only), it should have +3 to Mastery Skills (Soceress Only). This way you can use other skills like Nova in the Mastery section creating more build diversity. Another example would be +3 to projectile skills, or +3 to fire skills, etc. Items can tie into skills specifically but should have several for every skill in the game and be mixed with items that are tied into skills generally.

    Expansions

    Expansions should never increase the level cap. Instead they should add new classes, items, areas, bosses, etc.

    submitted by /u/Redologist
    [link] [comments]

    my love letter to diablo[idea, iso: insight]

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    looking for some insight here[not the runeword] i've been deeply connected to the diablo franchise for over 20 years now. it's been an extremely huge part of my formative years and continues to be one of my greatest obsessions and loves. if i were to make a long form video essay on the franchise, would you watch it? i'd like to go from the beginning, where i started touching on D1/ D2 vanilla/D2 LoD/ D3 vanilla/ D3 RoS and then diablo spinoff games.

    submitted by /u/xZEBURx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment