• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 2, 2020

    Diablo Diablo 4 Live Wallpaper, Winter Theme 4K upscale

    Diablo Diablo 4 Live Wallpaper, Winter Theme 4K upscale


    Diablo 4 Live Wallpaper, Winter Theme 4K upscale

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 04:18 PM PST

    Made a live wallpaper from the trailer, upscaled it to 4K and added some nice stuff to it, nice winter feeling.

    Its from the Fractured Peak zone.

    You need Wallpaper Engine for it to work

    Here you go: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1957758007

    submitted by /u/ForthtuN
    [link] [comments]

    Do we really need health flasks?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 05:44 AM PST

    So over the weeks I've seen many, many posts talking about what sort of health flask system the game should have. Should it be like D2, D3, PoE, something else? Many different options, but I haven't seen much talk about why we even need a health flask system to begin with.

    What sort of purpose does it really have? It feels like the remnants of an old idea that all RPGs needed health potions and practically every modern solution has sort of relegated the concept of health potions into some sort of healing spell that has an item.

    Look at both PoE and D3. Health potions don't feel like actual items you use and equip, and more or less play like a spell with either charges or cooldowns. Even if the genre as a whole seems to keep holding on to the idea of potions, implementations of them wants to divorce from the core concept.

    This leads to my main question: Why is it even here? Is there a point to an item that, on a cooldown or charges, just heals you? Can't this be implemented via other methods? It all seems like a pointless addition that's here "because that's how it's always been".

    My suggestion would be to flat out remove basic health potions. Don't balance your game around needing it. Give health more value and make stop enabling just popping a button to instantly heal up again. Have taking damage actually be punishing even if it doesn't instantly kill you.

    All that said, I do like the idea of the more interesting kind of potions, like you see on legendary affixes or rare+ PoE flasks. But flat out "gives you flat or % HP when used"? Get rid of it. It's archaic, pointless, and doesn't have a proper place in a modern ARPG.

    submitted by /u/Vaxivop
    [link] [comments]

    Can we slow down the pace in D4 ?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:57 AM PST

    I would like D4 to return to a slower pace, like D1. When I look at this, it screams D3 :

    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/C3EFDFQLAC0U1572717237374.gif

    Let monsters surround you, click 1 2 3, then repeat ... it's boring gameplay. The combat needs to be more strategic.

    submitted by /u/darkFire2919
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo IV - So All 7 Of The Hell Monsters Live?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:03 PM PST

    I've been watching a lot of lore videos and playing a lot of D3. From what I understand, Maltheal got smoked but in the process freed all the big baddies. So does that mean Diablo, mephisto, Baal, etc are all out in the world?

    I really hope (if they are freed) that we don't kill them all again. I think Mephisto was very underutilized for how important he is in the lore. I would like him to be the true big bad in the whole series. Diablo himself at this point hasn't really done anything to deserve the title of the game. He pretty much gets summoned and then crushed every time.

    submitted by /u/Jayman109
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 2 cd key

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Looking to get back in the game after 5 years of not playing. Anyone by chance have a spare key they don't use? Would be much appreciated

    submitted by /u/DirtyDianasbooftube
    [link] [comments]

    [Diablo 3] What class do you recommend for a lightning build?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 07:17 PM PST

    Disclaimer: I'm a casual player who doesn't min-max and doesn't grind rifts after reaching level 60. The journey to D3's level cap has always enough to scratch my periodic ARPG itches.

    So when I first got this game I decided I'd focus on a single element with each class. The elements I chose to play with each were...

    • Barbarian - Physical

    • Crusader - Holy

    • Monk - Fire

    • Demon Hunter - Ice

    • Wizard - Arcane

    • Witch Doctor - Poison

    • Druid - Lightning

    Yep, Druid. Was it presumptuous of me to assume Druids would eventually find their way into Diablo 3? Yep. Do I regret making such a presumption? Well, yes and no. I do regret having never played a lightning build, but the idea of druids summoning storms and conjuring bolts of lightning was one I couldn't let go of.

    But now that D4 is in the works it's clear that Druids will never be a thing in D3. As such, I've decided it's time I finally play a character specced for lightning damage. Keeping in mind that I'm not a min-maxer, which class would you recommend for a lightning build on my next playthrough?

    submitted by /u/goboking
    [link] [comments]

    D3 S19 - Heard that ancient artifact items don't drop as frequently as they used to in previous seasons. Currently running around GR lvl 100. Is this true? Just looking for some clarification.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 04:20 PM PST

    PS4 connection issues

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 04:16 PM PST

    So I've been playing Diablo for a good few years and decided to pick it up again for PS4 and forgot how much I loved it. But every 10 minutes or so my connection will completely drop, not only from Diablo, but PS4 sometimes affects my internet on my phone as well, other games, playing Diablo on my Xbox doesn't do this so wondering if there's any fixes out there for it. I usually have to test connection on my PS4 to reset it and start again

    submitted by /u/Super_Flyy_
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 4 Lore - Inarius - Explained

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 12:11 PM PST

    How to bet better armour (WI)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:19 PM PST

    Hey, I've started playing this game almost 2 weeks ago. I play a wizard and I really enjoy this class. I'm currently farming for a better gear. The thing is the maximum rift level I can solo is 65. I guess I could do 70 or even higher (I give pretty nice damage) if I wouldn't die so easily. The mobs are killing me within 2-3 hits. Any tips on how I can get better defense? I enchanted my armour at that gipsy lady, I've tried converting set items into better ones. I still have around only 10k armour. What set should I go for? I have a mixed set atm.

    submitted by /u/mika1229
    [link] [comments]

    Season start over without Haedrig's Gift

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 02:26 PM PST

    So a month ago I made a post commenting on how great the new seasonal reward was, and my disappointment for when I learned it was only earned after completing the entire journey.

    Sadly, after 20 hours of solo-play, I still haven't come close to the reward AND my (hardcore) character died.

    So I'm seriously considering getting a powerlevel, this time in non-hardcore. This means I lose all my paragon, gold, gems, etc. as well as any progress I've made towards hardcore achievements (I'm not sure this matters).

    But I'm not sure even that would be enough with my level of engagement, since I'd have to earn an entire set from scratch. Side note: Despite all the hours on my deceased Necro I never completed a set outside of Headrig's gift.

    So does anyone else have experience with starting over again?

    submitted by /u/rtwoctwo
    [link] [comments]

    My Diablo story so far...part 2

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 01:54 PM PST

    Part 1 is here https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/einlwd/my_diablo_story_so_farpart_1/

    Part 2 starts with Diablo 2. I got this gem for my birthday and I believe that I watched the intro cinematic about a million times. Showing friends and family while talking all about the rich lore that is diablo. I didn't know who Marius was but I had my thoughts about the Wanderer. After that came the difficult choice, Which of the (then 5 characters) to play? My friend had already picked a barbarian for his playthrough. I had read the manual and had examined the skills but wasn't familiar with how a skill "tree" worked exactly. I however saw a might aura, and a vengeance skill for the paladin. that sounded super strong, maybe even stronger than a Barbarian.

    I dove right in and created my character. I must admit that I do not remember the name of my paladin exactly. But I believe it was something like HolySh*t. Classy I know. Upon startup I remember exploring the rogue encampment, which is the first town ofcourse. talking to everybody and listening in on all the gossip. I did all that but skipped the chest in the middle of town (until act 3 >>. Meanwhile dropping all excess loot that I thought I might need in town like I did in Diablo I).

    I cleared the bloodmore, den of evil. After I made sure to kill everything in the coldplains before besting Blood Raven. A difficult fight, but I had put every skill point I had in might and stat points where located mostly in strength and vitality. Plus I was quite the level considering I had killed every enemy in sight. My reward was a Rogue mercenary. Back then you couldn't equip your merc and had to level that underpowered NPC from scratch every time you bought a new one. But I loved it. I wasn't alone anymore, I had a partner in crime that could fight with me. Ranged even so extra useful! Everything seemed to go well I even found a strong rare polearm for extra damage. After only dying 2 times at the hand of the cave mob "Coldcrow" I pursuit further through act 1. I saved Cain and saw what they did to poor Wirt. ( I kept his leg though) I defeated Griswold and spend quite a lot of time in the town of tristram looking at all the buildings I recognized from my previous adventure. No Gillian the Barmaid, not my main man Peppin. Not even "Farnham the not to sober"... And even when Diablo 2 felt so much more crisp, faster and was more beautiful in many ways compared to diablo I. I still missed that game. I missed my friends and felt a sense of longing to go back.

    Alas, I had to venture east, always east and to do that I had to kill the one named Andariel. So I continued on until I found a book which I read describing a woman, a countess. bathing in the blood of a hundred virgins. Was this countess really Andariel? We went onwards and although Elly and I died a lot and it got more and more difficult to hit my enemies we pressed onwards eventually slaying the vile woman and claiming the glorious gold for our own! But alas, the countess was not Andariel. the eastern gate remained closed and we had to continue into the monastery. Since I still killed every mob I could find on the map we found the smith. Who looked like he was the butcher's nephew. With time and effort, we killed him via a hit and run tactic but saw no hammer. This was of course located on the forge were we initiated said Smith but wasn't the location where his body dropped to the floor. Not caring too much about Charsi and her hammer we ventured deeper until we finally came face to face with the Queen of Anguish. I still remember not wanting to show my mom or little sisters this Boss, since Andariel was far from a prude so to speak >_>' and well, my family kinda was. The fight itself lasted a long time, Death came often at the hands of her poison or melee attacks. But after more than a long while she was finally defeated. I was so happy that I called my friend over the landline. He, sadly was not as impressed by my efforts considering he was already halfway Act III...

    I vowed to do my best to beat him as I talked to Wariv and watched the second cinematic...

    submitted by /u/Beardface1411
    [link] [comments]

    Starting new character

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:02 AM PST

    When starting new character do I have to replay the story? Or what's the best way to level up?

    submitted by /u/IronThumbsOG
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Thursday Help Desk, Ask your newbie questions here - 01/02/20

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:00 AM PST

    Welcome to week 342 of Thursday Help Desk.

    This is a weekly thread for any quick/newbie/unsure questions you may have. No matter how dumb you may think the question is, now is your chance to have them answered! If you need help with your gear and build, post to the weekly Gear thread instead!

    Check the Commonly Asked Questions page first before posting!

    If you're not here to ask or answer questions, then this place is not for you. The mods will be resilient in removing posts and possibly even bans. Meta feedback about the weekly post is fine. Helpful people will be strongly considered for an ID scroll after a review of posting history.

    Sort by new to answer the latest questions. Older questions most likely already have answers.

    If you have any feedback for this specific weekly thread, just post it here or message the mods.

    submitted by /u/GharbadTheWeak
    [link] [comments]

    [Diablo 4]: make mercenary's / followers matter like in diablo 2! what do you think?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:39 AM PST

    i played both D2 and D3 for many hours throughout the years.

    That extra follower having beside you is part of Diablo in my opinion BUT he/she needs to matter! the D3 implementation is really gimped(and very casualized) unlike D2. in D2 there is more customization, possibilities and all attributes like damage, open wounds, crushing blow, etc. and resistances/life actually matter too. In D3 the follower is nothing more than a punching bag that does minor healing or crowd control..

    in D3:

    • almost 3 types (Linden the Bow guy being almost useless)

    • barely 'choice' in their skills because damage is useless

    • the immortality items for them make almost any item useless(any kind of defense doesn't matter) only a tiny amount matter like Johans Ess amulet and oculus/unity rings, not much more beyond that

    • until the option above, no penalty/consequences at all when a follower dies making you care less

    • besides above stuff, very limited use cases

    • followers only work in single player, if people join they prefer to relax in town for some reason.

    • because of all of the above, a follower has minor to no influence on gameplay

    in D2:

    • 4 types (although i agree that it could be better balanced since mostly act2 guy is used but still less worse than D3)

    • no real skills beside type of merc (fire/cold arrow for act1 merc, aura type of act2 merc)

    • no immortality type of item, making most stats actually matter

    • plenty of options in items, also because of runes and jewels that can be socketed. Even stuff like poison and cold damage can make a difference in killing bosses.

    • if your follower dies, stuff can get difficult sometimes. you lose buffs, depending on merc. it also costs money to revive (the higher level the more it costs)

    • many use cases (different buffs because aura's, damage, summon curses over enemy's, boss killer)

    • followers prefer to fight even in multiplayer, adding build complexity and buffing each other

    • because of above stuff a follower has significant influence on gameplay, although it depends on build on how much you rely on him/her.

    what in D4?

    Personally they could copy the D2 way and just improve balance. maybe adding more item slots and a dedicated charms inventory.

    There should be plenty of fun ways to have some cool stuff in Diablo4. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/casual_scrambled_egg
    [link] [comments]

    Getting to Higher G.Rifts

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 11:01 PM PST

    I'm currently stuck on 114 as a solo whirlwind barb I've been working on for years now but I don't understand how your supposed to get to the higher G.Rifts

    submitted by /u/PoopieDirtStar
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions...

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:57 AM PST

    For those of you guys posting suggestions for D4, there is a high chance it wont be seen by one of the devs. i highly recommend posting suggestions on the official forum for them to be seen.

    submitted by /u/TypoThePotato
    [link] [comments]

    Do Stone Gauntlets only drop for Strength classes?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 10:25 PM PST

    If yes, then why, and why not allow them to drop for all classes?

    submitted by /u/endark3n
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment