• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Diablo Let's face it, no matter what final product we get with D2:R, this forum is going to be flooded with people moaning about something.

    Diablo Let's face it, no matter what final product we get with D2:R, this forum is going to be flooded with people moaning about something.


    Let's face it, no matter what final product we get with D2:R, this forum is going to be flooded with people moaning about something.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:27 PM PST

    If anything that Reddit is good, it is being an echo chamber for people who like to complain.

    There are people who will feel the game has changed too much, others who will feel the game has changed too little.

    I'm just excited we are getting it done at all. And as of right now, the PR team is saying the right things.

    submitted by /u/Antique_Ninjaku
    [link] [comments]

    The creator of Diablo David Breivik, will be doing an AMA with POE streamer Zizaran, this friday at 5PM GMT

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:19 AM PST

    D2R announcement got me so excited I started playing D2 this week. Beat Hell for the first time - I was in 6th grade when it came out and never got past Normal then.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:14 PM PST

    Diablo II: Resurrected Survey: What changes do you want?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:44 AM PST

    Hello everybody,

    I created a survey to find out what changes Diablo 2 fans want to see in D2:R, and what changes they don't want to see. I did my best to collect all popular / highly discussed suggestions. Sorry if I missed something important.

    The survey contains 25 questions. The results will be published in ~ 2 weeks.

    https://forms.gle/jFphMWfK2y9SQy5A7

    To use Cains words... Stay a while and ... take part in this survey ;-) Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Chrompower
    [link] [comments]

    Proposed QOL Change to A2 Mercenaries - Make A2 Mercenaries always have associated aura active - an in-game work-around to force them to turn on the associated aura already exists.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:22 PM PST

    Act 2 Mercenaries have auras - sometimes they don't activate. Sometimes they even turn them off. You can hand them a weapon repeatedly however to force them to turn it on in most cases. This is an informal work-around.

    Just make them always active and save us the headache. Its hard to argue against this out of not changing the game because people have an unreasonable knee jerk reaction to any sort of change in a remaster. There is no core gameplay change present and this won't offend basically anyone reasonable and even the unreasonable ones will learn to accept this once the game drops - and probably won't even notice it.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ThrowAwayLurker444
    [link] [comments]

    I am cracking up. Mephisto killed me just once, with super low life left...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 09:15 PM PST

    ... As soon as I come back I hit him with a frost nova on my way to get my gear and I accidentally punched him.

    He died. My naked sorceress punched him to death lol.

    The mighty Mephisto everyone!

    submitted by /u/1990exogenesis
    [link] [comments]

    Man, i hope they get Baals creepiness and absolute badassery right in D2:R

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 11:35 AM PST

    Is mana shield worthwhile for my 76 mana clvl 16 rogue or should I just drink healing potions?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:32 PM PST

    Do you prefer cooldown based skill system or majority of skills being able to be spammed?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:47 AM PST

    It seems like d4 is going the cooldown path. Aka the WOW system where you use whatever skill you can when it's off cooldown.

    I personally was hoping it would be more like d2 where the majority of skills don't have cooldowns and you can base your whole build around 1 or 2 skills.

    Maybe I'm too old school but I never truly enjoyed being unable to spam what ever skill you wanted.

    submitted by /u/Antique_Ninjaku
    [link] [comments]

    Ladder and non-ladder should be identical

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:37 PM PST

    The only reason people should be doing ladder is to have a fresh start with others that also want a fresh start, and to renew leaderboards. Any restrictions to non-ladder just forces players to play something they don't want to play, and everyone will pick sorc and paladin instead of the character they actually want to play.

    • Ladder is dead on D2 right now, and PlugY single-player is the main community playing D2. Why? Because it adds ladder benefits to single-player, so there is obviously a massive demand to remove these ladder restrictions.
    submitted by /u/surf_ninja385
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think about the new D2R potion and gem icons? I think the original D2 ones seem a little more real, while D2R is leaning more towards the D3 style. (in case of gems and potions only, I think the rest of icons is amazingly well done)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:58 PM PST

    Just revisited D2 and have some hopes for changes in D2R

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:29 PM PST

    I just breezed through all 5 acts of D2/LOD in the last week to get reacquainted with a game I likely haven't played in maybe 10 years. The muscle memory comes back quickly, though. And while I get that a lot of effort is going into updating the aesthetic and graphic quality of D2, I am hoping for some other changes to the gameplay and presentation that will improve on it. With my wish list below, please keep in mind that I have not been reading every article or stalking every gameplay video that comes out... so some of these might already be confirmed or denied. That said, I am hoping for...

    1. No more walk/run mechanics - one reasonable base speed is fine.

    2. Better follower AI - please stop getting stuck on the wrong side of doorways and making me double back to get you.

    3. Show item sale value right in description - don't make me go back to a vendor to find out an identified item wasn't worth the inventory space to haul around.

    4. Improved inventory and stash space - both feel pretty meager, and I'd like to not have to TP away to sell things every few minutes. Some of this should also be more economic item size/shape, no more of these scythes and tridents that take up 8 blocks. (I know all characters will have a shared stash, and I think it looked larger, but haven't specifically looked at inventory yet.)

    5. Allow side-by-side comparison of equipped gear and inventory gear. I think I saw that this is now a feature when a key is pressed.

    6. Change spell-casting to the D3 style - I think some of this is just me being so used to playing D3 and not wanting to change. And maybe the old way fits better to the actual spells that are being used. I also think tons of people would say, "No - now you're detracting from what made it D2." I'm pretty soft on this one, but was just something that popped into my head.

    Moving my new sorceress onto Nightmare now to see how loot progression continues. Let me know what you think, even if these are bad ideas (with rationale). In any case, I'm excited to see what comes of this new version of an old favorite. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/bruzdnconfuzd
    [link] [comments]

    Battle.net 2.0 - New Features Tour

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 10:40 AM PST

    New Assa Face

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 10:37 AM PST

    All this D2 talk has reminded me of the legend of Superdave and his passives only, cracked gear Amazon run on hardcore /players 8. Enjoy!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 07:14 AM PST

    D2R: Your first character?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 05:57 PM PST

    How will you play?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Roguecurv
    [link] [comments]

    Control Support for PC (D2:R)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 08:10 PM PST

    Only thing I ask is that the PC version have control support like the console versions will.

    I understand that D3's controller support was something that was designed and added later for the console which never made it to PC, this is understandable.

    But, D2:R is being designed along with the console version so the PC version ought to be able to take advantage of this feature too imo.

    I also understand that K&M is the optimal way to play a game like Diablo, but I also want to be able to play the game from my couch with the use of a control.

    submitted by /u/lCraftyl
    [link] [comments]

    Does the chance for ancient and primal drops increase with gr level?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:25 PM PST

    Sorry if this is a dumb question.

    submitted by /u/L337CAT790
    [link] [comments]

    Would anyone like to see D2R fork a "classic" and a "resurrected" mode?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 06:20 AM PST

    I won't beat a dead horse here. I like D2 and realize that some people want strictly a remaster that polishes the graphics and doesn't touch the gameplay at all. I also realize that some people want to have some more quality of life features added and get rid of parts of the game that are kind of outdated, like stamina, charms, and rebalancing some skills. Would a fork when creating your character for "Classic" or "Resurrected" be fair or would that fracture the community too much? Or would it be better to let whoever is hosting the game choose what game rules are being used? After having beaten nightmare with multiple classes, I would really like to see some actual gameplay changes to lessen synergies and one trick pony builds.

    submitted by /u/Sivy17
    [link] [comments]

    If I buy D2: Resurrected can I play classic right now?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:39 AM PST

    No idea where my cds are when I last played reg D2 but would like to give it a go.

    Or do I need to buy them separately on battlenet?

    submitted by /u/Perfectinmyeyes
    [link] [comments]

    Excited about d2r - question about long ago

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 11:16 AM PST

    I played d2 a long time ago and I had a ww barb with a pike and armor (ice blink I think it was) that froze enemies as I would ww through them, which was lots of fun. Is there still a way to play barb that is similar to this way of playing? Martel de Fer and executioner sword was also lots of fun.

    submitted by /u/300wizzum
    [link] [comments]

    Chat Gem at bottom of Diablo2.com website?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 04:09 PM PST

    See for yourself, if you click it fast enough or enough times it squirts blood everywhere.

    Any idea if it does anything beyond this? I've tried peaking through the JavaScript files and one of the query selectors does reference it, but that's about as far as I got.

    submitted by /u/jbaker88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment