• Breaking News

    Friday, February 26, 2021

    Diablo I made a one-page mini-site for Diablo 2 Resurrected detailing everything we know about the game so far in detail - with pictures, GIFs, Blue posts, and timestamped video links.

    Diablo I made a one-page mini-site for Diablo 2 Resurrected detailing everything we know about the game so far in detail - with pictures, GIFs, Blue posts, and timestamped video links.


    I made a one-page mini-site for Diablo 2 Resurrected detailing everything we know about the game so far in detail - with pictures, GIFs, Blue posts, and timestamped video links.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:12 AM PST

    I made a one-page mini-site for Diablo 2 Resurrected detailing everything we know about the game so far in detail - with pictures, GIFs, Blue posts, and timestamped video links.

    diablo2.io/resurrected - Everything we know about the game so far :)

    I put a lot of time into assembling the pictures, GIFs, information etc. and transcribing the deep dive panel to make blue posts that supported the things we know are confirmed:

    A snapshot of the site.

    If you don't want to read all the content in one sitting the page can be filtered using the filter buttons. You can also instantly search for terms of interest to you:

    Filtering and searching.

    I hope you guys find this useful. I made it because I know a lot of people don't have time to digest the 40 minute blizzcon panel, and because some just prefer non-video stuff :)

    Teeb :)

    submitted by /u/Teeb
    [link] [comments]

    Monsters feeling weightless in Diablo 4

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:04 AM PST

    I've watched gameplay for several times now.
    As much as I am excited for the Diablo 4 and everything that is going on around it I felt like something was off during the gameplay.

    And I was switching back from D2 and D3 and D4 gameplay videos.

    The monsters in Diablo 4 need some weight. We're not playing in a role of a nephalem where our power is so huge that I can slap the crap out of the monster and send him flying 20 feet away. Monster that is obviously 3 times heavier than my character.
    Monsters death animation need some weight to it. At the moment, animation and monster dying feels like they're made of plastic and paper and they are moving like there is 0 gravitation.
    I mean knockback looks ridiculous. The monster's model just moves backwards without any changes in its posture or physical appearance. If its PVP and other player models behave like that I wouldn't have any problems, but when monsters act like that, it takes away from immersion.
    Would be great if they make it more believable, and not just do it the easy way.
    They have money and time. I don't care if it comes out in 2024. Just do it right. Bring attention to details.

    Don't wanna be "that guy" like I am trying to find a needle in a haystack but all these little details are complementing the bigger picture of immersion and overall feel of the game. Adding proper sound effects to it, sound effects of slicing the skin, steel cutting through bones, some bass heavy sound for spells that do knockback, tiny rock fragments sound effects getting scattered all over the place in caves, different EQ presets when you enter different areas (cathedral, cave, dungeon...)

    Honestly I am not complaining, not sharing my concern, I am just putting this out there, if someone shares similar thoughts, maybe it will get attention, if not, I will still enjoy it either way.
    I am just being really passionate about Diablo, thats all.

    Ty for reading.

    submitted by /u/WizBornstrong
    [link] [comments]

    Time to bust this back out

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:25 PM PST

    [Diablo 4] Slower-paced combat that doesn't center around skill spam, where you can actually see and remember the monsters you're fighting, is more fun. That's how it was in Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, and that's what Diablo 3 is missing. If you don't like it, keep playing Diablo 3.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:32 AM PST

    One thing I'm looking forward to most in Diablo 4 is the slower pace of combat. I hope the developers don't cater to the Zoomer crowd who came in on Diablo 3 and turn the game into a mess of skill spam. There's no point in designing amazing-looking monsters if they all die in one second.

    Part of what made Diablo 2 fun was fighting through a few monsters at a time until you hit a mob and felt overwhelmed to the end of the fight, lucky to survive at lower levels. Running around holding left click for an hour while things explode into dust isn't fun to me. Diablo was an ARPG centered around survival and gothic-themed horror before Diablo 3. Diablo 4 should focus mostly on the survival and horror aspects of the game if the franchise is ever going to turn around from Diablo 3's failures.

    EDIT: Also, stop taking my point about Diablo 2 in bad faith. I've played since it came out. I played Diablo 1 in the 1990s. Those games have some "Skill Spam," but the level of the spam versus the enemies you face and how long they take to kill is slower-paced in those games than Diablo 3. It's almost night and day, like Path of Diablo vs. Median XL. Diablo 3 has some fluidity, but most of the fights feel weightless, not to mention the ridiculous ragdoll physics. The developers are at least going in a better direction from what I've seen of Diablo 4, despite all the D3-only players on this subreddit who complain about the slower combat. Quicker combat =/= better combat.

    submitted by /u/MotherHolle
    [link] [comments]

    Would You Be Interested in Diablo I Remaster?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:25 AM PST

    I testing the newly reworked Firebird Wizard set for patch 2.7.0 season 23!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:55 PM PST

    Anyone else have to reapply the opt-in for alpha?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:57 PM PST

    I check the D2 website every day to see if there's any more news, and sometimes I have to opt-in for the technical alpha again. Not sure if its a cookie issue with my browser or something, just checking if anyone else's opt-in is getting reverted.

    submitted by /u/jasonxtk
    [link] [comments]

    D2:R QoL - Collection log and kill tracker

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:37 PM PST

    Would be a cool addition to have in the remaster. Kill tracker for bosses and such and a collection log so you can see how many drops of something you've got and also see if you've collected that item.

    I dunno what you guys think?

    submitted by /u/SlaytanicShredder
    [link] [comments]

    What are your fondest D2 moments?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:21 PM PST

    It was the closest I've ever come to committing murder. I lost my entire account to the /dnd scam. I was in middle school and didn't know any better. Truly one of the saddest moments in my life. Following that, I just did what any reasonable D2 player would do and started over on a new account.

    For the uninitiated, /dnd is the 'Do Not Disturb' command on battle.net. It's used by typing '/dnd [text to send back in reply]'. For example, if you typed '/dnd brb grabbing lunch', everyone who messaged you would be sent a reply similar to '[ACCOUNT NAME]: brb grabbing lunch'. The scammer would try to get you to type '/dnd [your password]' and when you did, it was over. They could send you any message, and would receive [your password] in reply.

    Good times.

    submitted by /u/thewzhao
    [link] [comments]

    (Diablo 2 R) Do you guys think there will ever be a chance for a Cross-play in the future?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:17 PM PST

    I play on Nintendo Switch and I just want to play with all my PC buddies :( any possibility of them patching it in the future, or do you guys think they are not interested in this kind of thing?

    submitted by /u/GamingDad43
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Diablo 2 "endgame" and how leaderboards work?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:30 PM PST

    hey guys so the title says it all. I was wondering to buy diablo 2 resurected and i think that i will buy it anyway to play the story and so on, but i cant stop but wonder what is the D2 endgame all about and how do the leaderboards work? All i kinda understood by googling and so on is that u do some runs to take better gear so u can kill the last boss faster or something like that... and if so how do leaderbords work? im just a little confused

    submitted by /u/Fordrek
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo Remix_ Deckard Cain Rapping ?!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:22 PM PST

    Is there a way to understand the Runeword and Horadric Cube recipes in D2 using in-game knowledge only?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:10 PM PST

    This has always been one of my gripes with D2 and will be one of my main gripes with D2R. I don't want to play the wiki, I want to play the video game. Are there any environmental hints or is it just raw experimentation if you're going in without wiki knowledge?

    submitted by /u/420_SIMPDADDY_69
    [link] [comments]

    Runewords. What did I do wrong?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:51 AM PST

    Diablo 1, perfect game for tablet phone in 2021

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:25 AM PST

    This game looks so damn good on 10 inch Android tablet on Fpse psx emulator. You can even put the graphic filters and the controller. I can't believe how this game is still fun after 25 !?? years. Perfect worming up for Diablo 2 remastered!

    submitted by /u/sangreblue
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 2 Resurrected Community Discord

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:30 PM PST

    So we have started up a D2 Resurrected community Discord that we are growing fast. This will have a place for trading, finding groups, pvping, and much more! We welcome all people with any interest in D2 Resurrected.

    https://discord.gg/F8Yyy5EhZJ

    submitted by /u/waxdathash
    [link] [comments]

    Risk/Benefit affixes on uniques

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:13 PM PST

    Would anyone want to see the return of more risk vs. reward affixes on unique items? One example I think of with Diablo 2 is The Oculus for sorcs and how it was an extremely good item but it still had the chance to randomly teleport you on hit. Personally I'd love to see more items like that. Wondering what everyone else thinks.

    submitted by /u/iMatt42
    [link] [comments]

    I wouldn't mind a third way of playing

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:48 PM PST

    So the devs working on remastered have said there will be Vanilla and Expansion available to play.

    I wouldn't mind a 3rd mode with better drop rates, more content, classes, and items.

    Call it new age or something.

    submitted by /u/NerdiGlasses
    [link] [comments]

    /Players x for d2r closed bnet

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:05 PM PST

    Anyone else would love to have that cmd available on battlenet? As a new player I always found it annoying to have random ppl join my public XP runs or public quest games to cleaning out important areas of the game.

    As a "MF"er later on it was frustrating to get much less loot because you're stuck in a p1 game, so what did you do? Take advantage of filled public games.

    I guess enabling the px cmd would nullify these issues. Just my thoughts...

    submitted by /u/w3sp
    [link] [comments]

    Should Class Sets Be Buffed in D2R?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:58 PM PST

    I understand everyone wanting the game to be the same. But it's always been disappointing to me that the coolest items in the game (Tal Rasha, IK, etc) aren't even close to the best items. The sets are going to be so cool with the new graphics and I'm going to replace those items or worse, not use them at all.

    I am a semi purist. I don't want many changes at all. But this is one of the things I have always wanted changed since I was a kid.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/VagusVitae
    [link] [comments]

    Blind faith

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:40 PM PST

    Diablo statue from blizzgearstore

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:07 PM PST

    Hi all (from Australia). I preordered the Diablo statue last year about a month after the pre release. I recieved an email from BGS saying it was sent in December. I emailed them at the start of Jan and they asked to wait another month. I emailed them again and they asked to weight 1 more month. Its coming up to that period.

    My question is has anyone else had issues in getting their statue and if so what response have you gotten from BGS.

    (I have a parcel post locker with Auspost and never had an issue with "lost" deliveries)

    submitted by /u/Platypus_Dundee
    [link] [comments]

    Help with end game

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:39 PM PST

    Hi guys! i played diablo 2 for a good 10 years, but not continuously. I basically just played the story, never for the end game. So I'm a beginner player ... Some guide / tips available to help your friend here, poor learning nefalem hahaha

    ps: i have the idea of ​​making a javazon, but should i start a sorc for magic find first? (I learned from the little I read on the internet)

    thankful since already

    submitted by /u/p_matheus
    [link] [comments]

    New player hype!

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:16 AM PST

    Hi guys, I never played D2 so i'm excited to finally try it since people been talking greatly about it. Which classe is more starter-friendly and which one do you suggest in terms of "fun gameplay", itemization ecc.? I was leading towards Necro or Pala mainly but i'm open to suggestion!

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Shaka_26
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment