• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Diablo Season 21 Prep & Guides

    Diablo Season 21 Prep & Guides


    Season 21 Prep & Guides

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    Season 21 is around the corner and so I want to share some guides I made, in case anyone still needs to look up some of the new builds. Since I did not cover a lot of the new Necro stuff myself, I asked our beloved Raxxanterax whether to include some of his here for completion. Also, do NOT complete the challenge rift until the season has started!

    Patch Notes | Countdown

    TL;DR - What to expect: S21 brings a new DH and Necro set. GoD DH in particular is super strong and will probably be the best solo build from now on. Support DH is a thing now. Necro set is mediocre, but good for farming. They also got some huge buffs to Grim Scythe and Corpse Explosion, possibly rivaling the nerfed WD in 4man. Rats have lost some power and are now around on par with the new GoD DH 4man XP meta. Double and triple support setups for XP farming are both absolutely acceptable, in fact it's hard to tell without large amount of data which setup would eventually perform the best after full optimization. Due to the nerfs, GR150 might not be so accessible anymore, but the season theme could have a huge impact here.

    Build guides:

    GoD DH In-Depth Guide

    UE Hungering Arrow

    Support DH

    Shadow's DH

    Multishot Necro T16 (Bone Spear - Teeth with new set)

    Corpse Explosion Nec (by Raxx)

    Grim Scythe Nec (by Raxx)

    Obviously there are a lot more on both of our channels, so if you are looking for older builds you are advised to scroll a bit, most old builds didn't change.

    D3planners: I have all relevant D3planners prepared and sorted for next season in a separate channel on my Discord, with different setups for T16/Solo/XP/4man etc. Typically you will also find the associated D3planner links in the description of their respective build guides.

    General guides:

    Challenge Rift for season start

    Season Theme (keep in mind this is not the final iteration because it got changed after PTR, but it will give you a better idea of what it actually does)

    Tier List: wudijo | Raxx (I put both here because we have a different focus in how we make them)

    My Rank 1 Solo GR expectations for S21 are: DH 150, WD 150, Nec 148, Crus 148, Barb 148, Monk 145, Wiz 143. 4man ~4:00 with WD/Crus and ~4:30 with Necro/Crus. Although that depends a lot on how much the season theme got changed (nerfed), we might see all of them at 150 after all. I took nonseasonal P6000+ expectations and added 2-4 tiers for the theme depending on class.

    Level 1 Gambling/Cubing Guide (All Classes)

    TL;DW: With the mats from challenge rift you can gamble/cube items at level 1. There are some really strong choices for every class that will speed up the leveling process. If you're not aware which items you should go for, check it out (I cover each class in 1-2min each, with timestamps). Singling out the two most important ones as text here:

    DH: Cube dagger for Karlei/Greenstone. If you get Karlei, gamble for Holy Point Shot at lvl 31. If not, save or gamble for Wraps of Clarity/other utility items.

    Nec: Cube 2h Scythe for Bloodtide/Reilena/Nayr's. Gamble gloves for Corpse Explosion. Even the combo Bloodtide + Corpse Explosion is fine, Necro is very strong for leveling.

    Leveling Guide for Season Start

    TL;DW: Typical strategies are T6 Halls of Agony, massacre bonuses and plain nephalem rifts. In addition, there is also the Cursed Chest strategy, which is typically the best option if your group has at least one Necromancer, examples by Raxx and sVr here. DH solo leveling by me here. Top times are below 1h like that.

    Good resources for Season start:

    Bagstone's season journey tracker

    Kadala gambling table

    Worldwide leaderboards (incl. China)

    Bonus: A comedic montage on How to prepare for Season 21

    If you have any comments/questions even about build specifics etc., feel free to reply here and I'll do my best to cover it all! I will check in a few times during the day before the season begins.

    Personally, I'll be playing GoD DH, support DH and possibly the new Necro set later in the season, going for a nice solo clear of course. I'm planning to go pretty hard during the first weekend and then play in the evenings afterwards since I am working full time. This means less than last time, but there will still be plenty of time for some memes later on ;) I'll be teaming up with my friends sVr_90 and Northwar, who will also be streaming, filling the last spot with our clan mate Xabster.

    Have a good season everyone!

    submitted by /u/wudijo22
    [link] [comments]

    Shadowbox of Tyrael / Handmade with Inkjet Photo Paper + Resin / LED on the Sword & Wing (See latter part of movie) / June 2020

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    S21 Season Lvl 1 gambling Spreadsheet for Quick Leveling

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    What was Lut Gholein's art direction inspired by?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    As an illustrator I love act 2 in diablo 2. The broken royal, golden town of lut gholein, dark abandoned desert caves, harems, conflict, ancient.

    I want more of this vibe.

    Are there books similar... or even times and places in our own history with an obviously less demonic but similar royal dark desert vibe?

    submitted by /u/Heygavinnorris
    [link] [comments]

    [EU] anyone who's like me and has none to play with the S21 on Friday? just hit me up

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Hit me on discord or just add me: EĐGYSANǁTTVǁ#2455

    pref someone semi-hardcore (know how to do the challenge rift, roll for items etc for nice fast and smooth start of the season)

    also I main Barb, if anyone would care

    submitted by /u/Edgysan
    [link] [comments]

    DAMAGE NUMBERS FEEDBACK

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I think 100% of the community don't want the damage in D4 to be in the millions or billions like in Diablo 3, please Blizzard fix this, don't let damage get to the millions. PLEASE!!

    submitted by /u/Nagini7
    [link] [comments]

    Season 21 DH GR70 Shadow Set Guide (Paragon 100)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    What Class should I level for S21?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    So I got the game last month and really enjoyed leveling my Barbarian. I managed to do the basic stuff for the S20 journey, like get the gear and stuff, but did not really put too much effort into the endgame. With S21 though, I want to try and get the pet! However, I am not sure what class to level next...

    Random opinion on them all...

    Witch Doctor looks fun, and I have always loved summoner-like classes.

    I like the look of Sorcerer. Maybe a bit squishy, but will be cool to do a ranger build.

    Crusader looks cool, but I wonder if it will be too much like Barb.

    Necromancer looks fantastic, though seems a little less pet-orientated then I would have liked.

    Monk I... know very little about really.

    Demon Hunter... I dunno why, but that class seems to be the one I am least interested in...

    Any advice would be welcomed!

    submitted by /u/Valamist
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with channeling builds?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Demon Hunter: GoD strafe

    Monk: Tempest rush

    Barb: Whirlwind

    WD: Spirit barrage

    Wizard: Channeling hydra

    I get that channeling builds should also be a viable option, but does it need to be strongest for nearly all classes? I can't be the only one who miss dashing, leaping, rolling or teleporting? Or having to manage resource or time things? Or actually feel like I'm engaging with the game in a more awesome way than holding down 1 button and just walking around while things die around me... Or worse, just stand still while holding down said button?

    Fuck the system, I'm playing Ulianna exploding palm monk this season.

    submitted by /u/Kriee
    [link] [comments]

    PSN Season 21 loner

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    With season 21 upon us, I was just wondering if any of you are like me and have no one to play with or barely anyone. I speak English and will use voice. I will be starting levelling tomorrow for sure 🏹🎯 If anyone wants to build a friendship, leave your PSN below and I will add you! Goodluck to all ✌️

    submitted by /u/Catdiff09
    [link] [comments]

    Do you prefer PLs or Carries?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    I try to do some power leveling and carries during week 1 or 2 of a season (NA). The goal being to get new characters up to level and a little paragon boost if they are unable to start and no life it at launch. So for those who get a late start, which is more important to you? My friend has a goal of 1000 boosts across this season and I'm wondering what people would be more interested in so we can plan out some time after we get some gear.

    We'll likely do carries as a group and PLs solo to fit more in, but a chance we each grab our own set of people and just whoever has slots gets the next set of people.

    submitted by /u/mavalent
    [link] [comments]

    New Meta #106 D4 June Updates, D2 Rumors, D3 Season start

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Diablo 3 runs poorly in fullscreen and borderless window.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Pretty self explanatory. The game runs really bad when it's running in fullscreen and borderless, but runs flawlessly in windowed. Any fixes for this issue?

    submitted by /u/bestfinlandball
    [link] [comments]

    Supply and Demand for D4

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    If I had one feature request for the developers, it's that I would like it if: "Obtaining the less rare items (e.g. Magical, Rare, Legendary) were more difficult to obtain in D4."

    As I play D3, items just fall from the sky and the value of anything in Blue, Yellow, and most Orange are completely useless except for Salvaging...

    If you could decrease Supply and throttle it down, you would increase the value and Demand for even the smallest drop.

    This also applies towards "money"... make it more difficult to get coins so that the value of getting it and using it means more...

    Hope I'm not the only one thinking this way...

    EDIT: and yes, I know that the Ancient and Primals are meant to satisfy that, but even those are just too common. Just Primals alone in D3, I'm sitting on nearly 2 filled stash fulls of them...

    submitted by /u/kimad03
    [link] [comments]

    Newest things in the last 4-5 seasons?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    Gonna start playing again for s21 on pc. Think I last played s15?

    Could someone tell me about the new things in the last few seasons? Any cool new sets or mechanics?

    Or is it just the same old?

    Also, how are Barbs? It's one of my least played classes but I'm thinking about starting one for s21.

    Thnx!

    submitted by /u/Cactusonpizza
    [link] [comments]

    What are the benefits of doing seasons?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    Hello good people of Reddit!

    Forgive my ignorance, but I was hoping someone could tell me the pros of doing seasons and what some things I should be aware of? I've played Diablo 3 since release, but never have tried seasons. With season 21 right around the corner, I'm looking to try it out for the first time.

    My questions for all of you: what are the benefits of doing seasons, what are some things I should be aware of, and do any of you have some beginner advice / tips? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/irishpride19
    [link] [comments]

    New player, looking for advice.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Good afternoon everyone! I'm a new diablo 3 player, and have recently completed the campaign in excitement for the newest season (this will be my first season), and am a bit unsure as to what to do now?

    I am currently level 46 and have completed a regular rift, but have seen that you want to complete a greater rift before the season start for optimal gear from The Cube. What is the quickest way to achieve 70? Should I even worry about doing this or is it a waste of time?

    Thank you ahead of time!

    submitted by /u/thisonesforharambe
    [link] [comments]

    Does the PC version of Diablo iii eternal collection support local co-op?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Or is that only relegated to the console versions?

    submitted by /u/jimmthang
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo 4 Feedback / Ideas

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    I was lucky enough to attend Blizzcon 2019 and was able to play the Diablo 4 Demo many times. I had put forth some of my thoughts in the feedback station. The only problem is I have so many thoughts and ideas that there was no way for me to get everything on paper before the event ended.

    Demon Hunter in Diablo 4-
    I'm going to start with my vote for one of the two remaining class slots left. I feel a Diablo 3 class should have one carry over to Diablo 4, and that it should be the Demon Hunter. The Demon Hunter is the only original class from Diablo 3 that can be said to be as iconic as the Barbarian. That being said some changes are needed to bring the class into Diablo 4:

    • Demon Hunter's abilities must be more grounded, and less high fantasy.
    • Darker spell effects, less over the top.
    • Drop Companions, It's a Druid thing now.
    • Drop Sentries, Grenades, and maybe a few others. Anything that feels out of the grounded ideals.
    • Maybe combined Shadow Power and Vengeance. Have Vengeance be a proc or active ability.

    Embrace Demon Hunter's Melee aspect-
    The Shadow Set from Diablo 3 wants to be melee, but it's not. There have been a handful of build that have used melee weapons, and I think we should embrace it. After playing the Barbarian his weapon system gave me some ideas for the Demon hunter. My idea for Demon Hunter weapons slots is to have a Two-Handed Slot for a two-handed bow/crossbow, or a two-handed sword. Then two one-handed slots for a mix of one-handed melee weapons, or two one-handed crossbows. Imagine diving into the think of battle with a deadly blade dealing critical damage dropping a caltrop then vaulting / Evasive Firing out of the fight and cleaning up with two rapidly firing crossbows. Maybe you prefer to stay at range to deal your damage, but a group of demons has closed the distance and a nice two-handed blade to finish them off. I think this playstyle will fit nicely into what the current classes are already going for.

    Math, Stats-
    Math is not a bad thing. Having math in the player stats is fun it gives players something to think about and work out. Math is rewarding. The issue comes when you hide your formulas, and make it very difficult to work out how you get to "Y"% cooldown when the gear adds up to "X". Use clean math, and if there is a fun formula let us know how you get numbers when we scroll over the stat. Show your work Blizzard.

    Stats have been around since for every it's a core part of any RPG. Do not remove them. You have watered it down so much from Diablo 3 that you feel its no longer needed. I would suggest to make those stats more meaningful. Get on the track, and go back.

    Mythic is a bad word for Diablo-
    World of Warcraft has destroyed this word for every other Blizzard game. Mythic raids, mythic dungeons, mythic raid gear, mythic dungeon gear, mythic keystones. The Mythic plus system is a spin-off of Diablo 3's Greater Rifts. I welcome this type of system, but I would not recommend this being the halo endgame system. My main point is the word Mythic needs to be pull from Diablo's vocabulary.

    Weapon Types-
    The weapon types that were laid out at Blizzcon feels copied and pasted. With the only addition being Mythic items. The idea being that the Mythic item will be very powerful, and the player will only be able to equip one at a time. Well, we know how I feel about the word Mythic. So, here are my ideas for that. Delete Ancient versions of Legendary, and Set Items. I feel like these items are not needed. Replace Mythic with Ancient Hell Forged, Ancient Heaven Forged, and Ancient Nephalem Forged.

    A player may have up to two Ancient Hell Forged or Ancient Heaven Forged items equipped, but not one of each. Some of these items could have heavily themed abilities from where they were forged. The Ancient Nephalem Forged will be limited to one equipped, and have its own talent tree. I'm expanding on the World of Warcraft Legion Artifact system here. Each Ancient Nephalem Forged item will have a unique talent tree that will be leveled up. The Ancient Nephalem Forged will also have a Hell, and Heaven tree depending if you have Ancient Hell Forged, or Ancient Heaven Forged items equipped. There could even be a few unique Ancient Nephalem Forged items that allow the user to use one Ancient Hell Forged, and one Ancient Heaven Forged together.
    The Ancient Nephalem Forged item could take the place of paragon leveling. You would come across these items and level them up. The time to level one of these items should take about as long as reaching paragon level 500.

    Mythic Plus Keystones-
    I'm going to start by saying I like the Mythic plus system in WoW, and think it will give Diablo's dungeons some good replayability, but as I said in the Mythic is a bad word section I do not like the Mythic word. I understand that it's just a word, but words do matter. A lot of players will be coming over from WoW to give Diablo 4 a try, and they are likely to trash talk this due to the face that most of the endgame content in WoW other than raiding is doing Mythic Plus over and over again.
    The basic key should be shifted for something immersive while maintaining the same purpose. Dungeons are sometimes just a cave and with no place to put a key. A summoning ritual obtained the same way the keys would be, but with a little lore behind it that could be explained by an NPC in town. The idea would be that after clearing the dungeon the hero has the feeling that evil corruption is still lingering. The player would then return to Town where an NPC would explain that while on the surface the danger is over, but a greater evil lies in the shadows, and would have to be forced out from the depths of Hell where they control their lesser servants.
    The Keystone dungeons should be randomized weekly, with each difficulty level being random, but static for that week. Meaning, for that week Difficulty level 3 will be different from level 5, but each level 3, and 5 is the same for everyone that week. This will allow for a better, and more accurate ladder experience for everyone. Then everything will again be randomized the following week. In short an evolution of the weekly Challenge Rift from Diablo 3.
    No weekly loot chest for completing a summoning ritual (Mythic Plus). This again goes back to repeating WoW's weekly reward. The rewards should be earned while doing the run, and not magically shows up in a box after the fact.
    This should not replace Rifts, and Greater Rifts. I would like to see Rifts and Greater Rifts in the game still. Maybe not just sitting in town, but out in the world were we have to discover them.

    The Ladder-
    From Blizzcon if felt like they were going to down size who is included in the ladder. If this is correct it feels like a mistake. They should be going bigger. More sorting options, and pull from a bigger pull. Maybe make an RPG element to it by making me go to a NPC call it the town Seer, lore master, or inn keeper to get the news on what's going on in the world.

    Player Versus Player-
    I would like to see a loot system that is not unlike Eve Online's system. When you kill a player, it will drop a random item that they have on. In Hard Core The idea is that most of the items will be destroyed in combat, but an item from each inventory slot could be dropped. For the softer side of things the item would just be lost, but everthing else remains. Maybe, This could just be a feature of Hard Core though.
    Arenas, and Tournament Arenas with solo, and team brackets. In each major city or town, there will be an Arena that a payer may talk to an NPC and signup as a solo combative, or signup a team. The standard Arenas would borrow from WoW's current arena system. Queue up, and battle. The Tournament Arenas would borrow StarCraft2's tournament system where a set time is posted, and players sign up and then are put into a bracket. Allow players to watch battles within the game, and maybe gamble on battles taking place. This will give the Esports angle.
    City reputation drop for killing other players within city limits. When a player kills a player that is not in self-defense within the city limit a negative reputation will be added to the user. After some point, NPC will no longer react to the player. The town may also place a bounty on the player for a reward. There could be small shady NPC camps, inns on the outskirt of town, or player created housing. These can provide a base for players until they are caught, killed or rebuild their reputation.

    -Side note: Maybe allow players to support the Hells in this way. Join a cult and become a minion of Hell. Some people only want to see the world burn. Maybe we join forces with a Lesser Demon Lord that has ambitions of taking control, and we join them to fight the current demons in control, as well as the people, and the Heavens. Maybe this demon could be Kabraxis from the novel The Black Road.

    Talents, Skills, and Paragons-
    I understand that what was shown as Blizzcon was an early demo, but I was disappointed with what was shown. The talent system seemed to me not to meet even Diablo 2's talent system. I think the Web standard of talent systems has been set by others like PoE, and Diablo will at least need to meet this standard. If not then the risk of disappointment may be high.
    I like the system of Diablo2's talent system where a lower point in one ability would also benefit other abilities in some way down the road. I think that this system should be embraced. I also prefer the abilities being mixed in with stat talents. One well thought out, and well-designed UI for each class.
    If a system like paragon points are added other than the weapon suggestion I made. I think a system of being able to put points into subsections of talents would be a good solution; similar to the way leveling legendary gems works in Diablo3. The paragon points will benefit a smaller attribute of a given talent.

    submitted by /u/Brian-Op4
    [link] [comments]

    How did the soulstone in Aidan's forehead disappear?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    inb4 "it's magic i ain't gotta explain shit"

    How did the soulstone in Aidan's forehead disappear?

    submitted by /u/hoistthefabric
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment