• Breaking News

    Monday, June 8, 2020

    Diablo Finally bit the bullet and bought D3 when it went on sale. Wish me luck!

    Diablo Finally bit the bullet and bought D3 when it went on sale. Wish me luck!


    Finally bit the bullet and bought D3 when it went on sale. Wish me luck!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    WOOT!!!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    Season ending the 21st

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    why can i shoot disintegrate forever with the two handed mace?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Do consoles get patches at the same time as PC?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    Just wondering if it's at the same time or if it's delayed.

    submitted by /u/TehFrenchness
    [link] [comments]

    Temporarily banned

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    So I heard about the ladder reset and wanted to login after several years of not playing the game. I logged into my battle.net account to get the keys and installed D2 and then LoD like I had done years before.

    First issue was that the game version couldn't be recognised so I patched it to the version required on battle.net.

    Now I get a 'disconnected from battle.net'. So I raised a ticket and, long story short, my account has been suspended for any one of a long list of reasons, most of which don't apply to me, baring in mind, I've never got to the title screen. When I asked for the exact reason my account was banned, I wasn't given an answer so I have no way to know if it'll just happen again as soon as I try logging in again (that's all I've done so far).

    Anyone else? Doesn't seem right that they can just do that without specifying why... especially hearing that the game is still infested with bots.

    submitted by /u/MachenSie
    [link] [comments]

    So I am thinking about getting one of the Diablo games but I've never played any of them before. Which one should I get?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Is there an overarching storyline I need to know about? If so what game should I start on?

    submitted by /u/-Sworld-
    [link] [comments]

    3 Stack builds for S21?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Me and my buddies are going to be starting off s21 together and this is the first season that ill be playing with a consistent group. What would you guys recommend for builds for a 3 man group as of right now?

    submitted by /u/cmoneh13
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo and gold.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Just a thought on how to fix the worthlessness of the game's currency. The idea came to me while I was playing diablo 2, but I think it could still work.

    Simply put, make it so that you can buy anything you can find in the wild at shops.

    Just think about it, what do you actually buy at shops? Potions and scrolls, and that's it. Any weapons you can buy currently are guaranteed to be inferior to what you find fighting, so what's the point of money at all? D3 tried to fix this, tried to make crafting and gem combining a good way to dispose of your abundance of cash, even added rifts as a way to burn extra cash, they had even opened an in-game auction house to give you a way to use all that cash... but the fact is that they made gem goblins a thing, and generally made it far, far too easy to get the items that you wanted.

    I think they had the right general idea for the auction house, up until the point where they attached an actual, real world dollar sign to the money system. However, there are vestiges of greatness in that system, it only needs to be added for game balance, rather than an attempt to greedily make more money off of players who had already paid 60$ for a game.

    How I would fix it? To start with, I'd return the auction house, or something similar, but you cannot, cannot use real money there. Only the gold you find in game. Second, limit how much gold a player can get in-game, in the same way that you limit how many gems, or legendaries you can find.

    Simply put, if you increase the rarity of the main currency, while simultaneously increasing what you can do with it, you will make it way more useful and interesting to gather, turning it into an actual symbol of power and wealth for your character, rather than the worthless point system it is right now.

    submitted by /u/KnightBreeze
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on the quest "Tools of the Trade"

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    Quest 5 of Act l. I'm in the barracks (deep into them). Every room literally has 20 enemies and a boss. Mind you I'm a level 13 necromancer and I'm still getting my ass kicked. Any tips or help?

    submitted by /u/BeanSizedKids
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to view my Xbox Character on the web?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Basically the title. I tried the game out on PC and enjoyed it. But I ended up buying it on the Xbox since it was on sale. (For me its more comfortable to play with a controller anyway) I connected my xbox to my battlenet account, but only my PC account is there.

    Is there a separate site for XBox or a way to add it to my regular profile?

    submitted by /u/realedazed
    [link] [comments]

    Annoying mob types in D3 should not be carried over to D4

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    I really hope we don't see the return of annoying mob types in D4. Throughout the life of D3 we've all been subject to the bullshittery of mobs that;

    • Perform insanely fast charge attacks from off screen (No, not the Beasts from Act 1 where you can actually avoid their charge).
    • Deal their damage BEFORE their attack animation even hits you.
      • Looking at you, Anarchs, you annoying bastards.
    • Have insanely fast projectiles that are complete bullshit to try and dodge, especially if you're melee. Dodging one or two isn't hard, I get that. But when you're pushing higher GR levels and these assholes are littered everywhere, you can bet your primal ancient puzzle ring I'm noping the fuck out.
      • Goatman Impalers.
      • Special mention to Ghastly Seraphs for their projectile attack that is more often than not, complete bullshit to try and dodge, the aim-botting bastards.
    • Deal instant damage with no way of avoiding it.
    • Run away. (In particular, these little shits -> Fallen one), Imps))
      • Why? Just why? I understand us Nephalem are badass (Hell, I'd run away if I saw me best mate get torn to shreds by a guy/gal with relative ease). But at the end of the day, it doesn't add to the difficulty, it's just annoying. People can argue it adds difficulty by having smaller enemies to distract you while the bigger ones womp you, but if we're all just using the strat of ignoring 99% of mobs to get the champion/elite packs (for that sweet orb juice), then whats the point of having them at all?
      • I think I went on a bit of a tangent there. Smaller mobs that run away aren't fun. They're annoying. At least reduce their run-away time by half, or give them an education seminar on the strength in numbers spiel.
    • Burrow into the ground and take their sweet ass time to reappear.
      • Rockworm), Dune Thresher, Scavenger).
      • These mobs provide an interesting aspect to the mob diversity, but mobs should be praised and remembered by what they add to the gameplay, not by what they take away from it, which is the fluidity.
    • Mobs that disappear in to walls, can travel through walls, out of bounds, and so on.
      • These types are just complete bullshit and should have been patched years ago. Not only do they slow gameplay down by disappearing through walls, but many of them also fall under the "deal instant unavoidable damage" category.
      • Wraiths).

    So many mobs in Diablo 3 are great to kill. The variation and types of monsters is great and while the gameplay loop can understandably get boring, the mob variety is always large enough to keep you on your toes. Every monster you come up against adds certain strategy to the way we play. As we all know Diablo 3 has amazing combat and gameplay (I'm referring to how the characters play, NOT the endgame content or the cooldown based rotations).

    When mobs are being added into the game, they should be analysed to the degree of what they add to the gameplay and how they can assist in making it more enjoyable and smoother. Mobs that do the opposite not only break the gameplay that Diablo 3 is praised for, but they take the focus away from how fun the rest of the monsters are to play against.

    I've probably left out some annoying monsters from this list, so if you can think of any just list them in the comments below.

    submitted by /u/freshlymadeto
    [link] [comments]

    D4 would be a good time to bring back D1 warrior, but at the cost of the barbarian

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    Being able to use multiple weapons is pretty fitting of the D1 warrior class. The D1 manual described them as "The Warriors of the lands of Khanduras are well trained in all of the weapons of war." In comparison, the barbarian from D2 emphasized more on physical prowess than mastery over a wide arsenal.

    submitted by /u/clone0112
    [link] [comments]

    IGN's Summer of Gaming Announcement Less Likely?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    There was some optimism about the possibility of an announcement coming at IGN's Summer Of Gaming that kicks off in 2 days (originally scheduled to start last week) because their original schedule included an "Unannounced Classic Revival". I shared that optimistm and still have some hope that the Vicarious Visions rumors are true, but IGN's latest schedule update now has a developer tabbed for that Classic Games Revival, Merge Games.

    Still a bunch of game reveals with unannounced studios on the schedule, but I sure would think a D2 remake would have fallen under the classic title which there is only 1 of on the schedule. Link below for the latest schedule.

    https://www.ign.com/articles/summer-of-gaming-event-schedule-how-to-watch-lineup

    submitted by /u/WGann3
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo II running in tiny 800x600 fullscreen. It used to fit to screen like a couple of months ago.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    EDIT: SOLUTION FOUND by GribbyGrubb and hoilori!
    NVIDIA control panel > Adjust desktop size and position > Scaling settings (my preferred one is "Aspect ratio", while it was on "No scaling" before)

    A couple of months ago Diablo II ran perfectly fullscreen and it fit my screen while keeping the 4:3 ratio. Now for some reason it doesn't anymore. It still runs perfectly but doesn't stretch over 800x600, which is very tiny on my 1080p 24" monitor with a lot of black all around it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

    I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202).
    I don't want third-party software nor mods of any kind, and I hate windowed mode.
    I already tried countless combinations of compatibility modes, uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled the game, and the in-game options (lol).

    submitted by /u/Scourger
    [link] [comments]

    Best areas for Runes?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Hey all I was reading into Rune hunting, just wondering where you all have had your best luck? I've played this game on and off for years but not enough to have knowledge of the best areas.

    submitted by /u/MapleMonsterx
    [link] [comments]

    Roguelite mode for Diablo 4

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Anyone else wanna see this? Coming back to D3 after playing a lot of roguelites and I'd really like to see that as a gameplay option alongside the standard and seasonal types. As much as I like those, I'd love to be able to play smaller 1-2 hour games where each one can be completely different from the last.

    It could be endless like Risk of Rain, where you'd compete for GR levels, or like Dead Cells where you take certain paths through bosses and stages. Obviously, there's a lot to account for and balance, but I think you could get something pretty enjoyable just by modifying the drop rates.

    submitted by /u/re1ephant
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Challenge Rift Thread - 06/08/20

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to week 154 of the Challenge Rifts. Please feel free to use this thread to discuss this week's Challenge Rift. Feel free to post guides, tips, and tricks.

    Make sure you specify your region, as different regions have different Challenge Rifts.

    submitted by /u/GharbadTheWeak
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player - Quick Question

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    Hi there, been trying to find a new game to play lately and found my Diablo 3 disc (xbox). I think the last time I played was right when the necromancer was introduced....

    For a casual/returning player, is there a certain mode I should play? I saw that there are seasons and I planned on doing a new play through. Should I just jump into the current season? I'm not entirely sure how this all works. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Burkeski
    [link] [comments]

    Season buff ended?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    I'm playing on Switch currently, and the season buffs for goblins and the cube aren't active. I don't know if this is true of other platforms. Was really hoping to level some gems tonight but this totally breaks my builds. :/

    submitted by /u/eifersucht12a
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Diablo 3

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    I would like to know if it is convenient to buy diablo 3 now and what differences there are between the standard version, battle ches and the eternal collection.
    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Prophet154
    [link] [comments]

    I honestly hope Blizzard goes bankrupt and Diablo is sold off to a competent developer

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Diablo 4 could be out already if Blizzard did not waste time on the dark souls diablo style game. Even now apparently they've been working on the current version of Diablo 4 since some time in 2016 yet all they have is what they showed at Blizzcon according to some streamers? like wtf? 3 years and that's all they have?

    submitted by /u/Derpazoid69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment