• Breaking News

    Monday, May 4, 2020

    Diablo D4 should have an improved version of D2's Attribute System

    Diablo D4 should have an improved version of D2's Attribute System


    D4 should have an improved version of D2's Attribute System

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I kinda get it why the devs did not bring back an Attribute System in D4 (yet).

    D2's Attribute System had some issues and in ~98% of all cases lead to players having the same set-up for how they are spending their Attribute Points:

    • STR: just enough for gear
    • DEX: just enough for gear (and eventually Max Block)
    • VIT: everything else
    • ENG: nothing.

    I have a few ideas and thoughts on how an Attribute System can work, without running into the problems that it faced in D2:

    1) Remove attribute requirements from gear.

    Make gear independent from Attributes, so that gear and Attributes are two separate things.

    That way you can free up ways to let attributes to do something else than just being required for wearing gear.

    2) Every attribute needs to have a distinct role/purpose.

    • one attribute for increasing your damage (offense)
    • one attribute for improving your survivability (defense)
    • one attribute that improves your movement (mobility)
    • one attribute that deals with resource management (resource)

    3) The attribute that takes the place of D2's Energy, actually has to be useful

    Energy was the most useless attribute in D2 (for the vast majority of builds), because there were so many ways to regain your Mana easily, like from Mana Leech, Warmth or the Meditation Aura on a merc, etc.

    Mana Leech or Resource Leech will probably not be a thing in D4, so this new attribute should primarily revolve around Resource Cost Reduction instead of increasing a characters maximum amount of resource, because all classes will benefit from this.

    Conclusion

    Taking all of this into account, the most basic Attribute System that can be drawn from this would be the following:

    • Offensive Attribute: increases damage by x% per point
    • Defensive Attribute: reduces damage taken by x% per point
    • Mobility Attribute: increases movement speed by x% per point
    • Resource Attribute: reduces resource costs by x% per point

    Further Improvements

    To spice things up a little, you can also add secondary and tertiary bonuses to each attribute, like x% increased maximum life, resistances, crowd control resistance, critical hit chance, increased resource generation/regeneration rate and eventually cooldown reduction.

    These secondary and tertiary bonuses can even be class specific, and you would end up with Class-specific Attribute Systems that could function similar to these (the following is just for illustrating the concept):

    https://imgur.com/Jv9oLO8

    https://imgur.com/0SQy5QP

    https://imgur.com/4z4p36B

    https://imgur.com/6IGljFT

    Closing Words

    Now, regardless of an Attribute System in D4 being more basic or more fancy, the important thing is that there actually is an Attribute System at all. Although the Attribute System in D2 had its issues, it still was such an iconic feature and it always is fun to spend points into something.

    Please Blizzard, let Diablo 4 have an Attribute System! Make it happen!

    submitted by /u/clueso87
    [link] [comments]

    I made some Matt Uelmen inspired music ��

    Posted: 04 May 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    My First Complete Season Chapters

    Posted: 04 May 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    S20 Diablo 3 Challenge Rift #150 Map and Strategy Guide (North America)

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    How Does Dual Wield or Attack Speed Affect Seismic Slam?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    I am working on a Seismic Slam build and saw that dual wield is preferred in some builds.

    How does dual wield affect seismic slam? Wouldn't higher weapon damage be better (IE: two handed mighty weapons, etc.)?

    Same goes for Attack speed, how does it matter? Is it just the animation or does higher attack speed do increased damage or reduce fury cost?

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/ryanl442
    [link] [comments]

    Seasons

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    How important are the seasons in diablo 3 Ultimate Evil edition. I'm playing on a PS3. As far as I know it's only missing the seasons. What am I missing out on?

    submitted by /u/GonnaGoFat
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Challenge Rift Thread - 05/04/20

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to week 149 of the Challenge Rifts. Please feel free to use this thread to discuss this week's Challenge Rift. Feel free to post guides, tips, and tricks.

    Make sure you specify your region, as different regions have different Challenge Rifts.

    submitted by /u/GharbadTheWeak
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse not sticking to the main screen

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    I'm sure this happens a lot, but how do I get my mouse to not go off the edge of the screen when playing?

    submitted by /u/Duke_Leto1
    [link] [comments]

    D2/D4 Amazone - Fanart

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Do you think Blizzard is open enough on sharing their progress with D4?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    In the couple weeks after Blizzcon they were so active on the forums and even made changes to their plans on the spot. However, we haven't seen them since that dull developer update in February that didn't reveal anything at all. We basically haven't heard from them for about half a year. Do you think their "openness" was just another lie?

    submitted by /u/ggwn
    [link] [comments]

    New to Diablo 3 but feeling discouraged.....of even continue playing more.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    So I started playing Diablo 3 on PC around December, late 2019. I actually am addicted to this game but I do play this game Solo majority of the time I spent playing Diablo 3. So Season 20 is my first seasonal I've ever played & I did start off with a Wizard day 1 because I always been a fan of Wizardish characters in video games. So I tried a Wizard & been playing all season long learning new things & gearing out my Wizard as much as I could. Nothing impressive but I did manage to clear a GR 121 with the based Vyrz chantodo set this game gives you when you complete the season journey. I feel proud of myself since I did make it to the top 200 for the Wizard leaderboards.

    I am paragon 1700+ & I see players that are paragon 3000+ even 4000+ & I know they play in groups for days, hours upon hours...endless grind, but I feel like players that play Solo like me, have no freaking chance to reach those higher GRs, Paragon levels & augmentations without playing in groups. No one wants to play with a Wizard -_- I feel kinda discouraged since I put a lot of time in this game & seeing others with insane gear augmentations, rank 145-150 gems & paragon level 3000+. I just have no chance to compete with them at all, period. Also, if you don't play META you are pretty much wasting your time? Because I feel like I wasted an entire season playing just a Wizard when I could of went for a meta character build at the beginning of the season. Maybe I would of been 2500+ by now if I started off with a barbarian or Witch Doctor like everyone else since they are classed as "top tier" as people say.

    submitted by /u/4Za_ForzaRacer
    [link] [comments]

    New to console! Looking for Seasonal Powerlevel! Please!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    New to Console! Looking for Seasonal Powerlevel! Please!

    I'm over Paragon 1000 on Pc and decided to pick it up for Xbox since it's on sale! I'd really appreciate it if someone would be able to Powerlevel me on a couple or even just 1 character. I will gladly return the favor for you once I can gear up one of my characters.

    I love D3 and really want to get into it on console. I have a mic, if that matters. Thanks!

    Xbox GT: Lm Too Faded (lower case L)

    submitted by /u/ImTooFaded
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment