• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 13, 2020

    Diablo Blizzard joins the line-up for the Summer of Gaming event next month. June will mark the 20-year anniversary of the original Diablo 2's release. Remaster announcement incoming?

    Diablo Blizzard joins the line-up for the Summer of Gaming event next month. June will mark the 20-year anniversary of the original Diablo 2's release. Remaster announcement incoming?


    Blizzard joins the line-up for the Summer of Gaming event next month. June will mark the 20-year anniversary of the original Diablo 2's release. Remaster announcement incoming?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    My Blind Diablo II Experience Day 1

    Posted: 13 May 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Preface:

    I wanted to make this "Adventure Log" of sorts to both make it both memorable and more satisfying to play Diablo II for the first time. I would try and record myself doing this, but I'm not so good at that sort of thing and I'm also not good at talking into a mic as if I'm talking to someone in front of me, so I'd rather do this in text form than that. I'm also not the best writer, so for anyone reading this, please pardon my writing skills as I'm trying to write this as from the perspective of my character. This also will contain spoilers for people who haven't beaten either Diablo I and II and have no knowledge of either, so if you're reading this, you have been warned.

    Day 1:

    Pre-game experience:

    After playing through Diablo I for the first time, I have decided to play through Diablo II. I chose to playthrough it first without the expansion and then installing the expansion towards the end. This was a recommendation from u/TcL1337 on my post about me beating the main story of Diablo I for the first time and I thought that I might want to find out how it feels playing the base game without it before installing the expansion. I have heard many good things of this game, but even then I chose to restrain myself from playing it till I have beaten Diablo I first, which took me much longer than I'd have expected. Since I am literally going into this blind, I hope the experience will be similar or even more exciting than the first one was.

    First Impressions:

    After installing Diablo II and patching it to 1.13c (I've heard most mods don't support 1.14 and I haven't seen many mods support 1.13d, this is just so in the future I can install mods,) I launch the game for the first time.

    The intro sequence was pretty cool, it introduces the wanderer, whom I'd assume is the hero from the first game, judging by the scar on their forehead likely caused by the soulstone they planted into it. It seems that, probably due to their strength weakening due to age, they can no longer resist the influence of Diablo, causing them to lose control. It also introduces Marius, whom I have no clue who they are nor their relation to the wanderer, but he said he followed the wanderer. There is also Tyrial (I have seen pictures of him before but I didn't know who he was or where he was from) who has seeked out Marius for info about the wanderer.

    The Start of a Brand New Adventure:

    I am now able to set out and begin my journey. I chose to stick to my trusty sword and shield and chose the Paladin class, bringing rise to the brave adventurer Zuldylm (used a random Nephalem name generator for this). I chose not to go hardcore since I have no clue what to expect yet as I continue onwards.

    Upon starting, I find myself at what seems like a small town or an outpost. I meet Warriv, who references the tragic events that befell the town of Tristram and about Diablo. He also mentions the Dark Wanderer, who passed through the mountain pass that was being guarded by the Rogue Monastery until he came along. He tells me, if I'm still alive, he would take me to Lut Gholein if it were safe for him to leave by caravan. He, also, tells me to speak with Akara, the leader of the camp.

    (So far I'm liking the mouse controls in this much better than in Diablo 1 since I can move in more than 8 directions.)

    The high priestess Akara greets me and tells about Andariel and how she corrupted her Sisterhood's Citadel that guarded passage to the east. She, then, speaks of a cave, called the den of evil, where evil creatures have been spotted within it and she requests that I clear out the cave. She also specifically states that I go alone. Before leaving, I meet Kashya, who doesn't seem to trust me yet. After ensuring I can't do anything more to prepare, as I have no gold to start, I leave the village and enter the Blood Moor.

    At the entrance/exit of the camp on the north side, is a path leading north and west from the camp. After following the path outside the camp west and turning east at the intersection, I reached the den of evil, encountering a several enemies along the way.

    After entering the den and ransacking the belongings of a dead rogue, I begin the quest to clear out the den. While clearing out the den, I found out the hard way killing Fallens isn't always as easy as just killing them, if there is a Fallen Shaman nearby, they will revive "fallen" Fallens. I spent about a minute killing that same two Fallens before I found the Shaman reviving them. After clearing out a number of Fallens and Undead, I found a superior hand axe, though it probably won't be so superior once I start getting much better equipment later on. I also encountered a unique undead monster who dropped a rare knife which I have yet to identify and the Carrion Nails Boots. After clearing out the den, I leave having gained two levels, putting me at level 3, and I allocated some points into all four stats just as a start and getting the prayer and smite skills.

    Upon returning to the camp, I report to Akara about completing the quest and she rewards me with a free skill point, which I use to get Might.

    Afterwards I go around speaking to the other people at the camp, of whom I hadn't spoken to. I find Charsi, the camp's blacksmith, of which I sell my weaker loot to. Next, I meet Gheed. To me, he seems like a rather shady fellow, as the fact he says we'll definitely be friends upon our first meeting screams to me that he's probably a shady business man, and also the fact that his wares are apparently "guaranteed for life" with only a two day warranty.

    (I assume the gamble feature is where you spend large amount of money for a piece of gear of which you don't know its effects till you identify it, with the effects being somewhere from really great and profitable to a complete waste of money. I'm familiar with an equipment gambling mechanic like that from the game, Fate. I could be wrong as I haven't actually checked it out yet, but that's my assumption, so correct me if I'm wrong.)

    Afterwards, I spoke with Kashya again, who speaks of sightings at the Monastery. She says Andariel had corrupted one of their captains, Blood Raven, and has been spotted raising the dead in the Monastery's burial grounds. She requests that, if I am truly an ally of the camp, that I search for Blood Raven. Upon receiving the quest, I decided to rest, so I would be ready to head out on that quest.

    End of Day 1:

    I'm going to leave it here for now as it's already getting late. I'm going try to do this everytime I play, and while this post is mainly so I can remember what I did last, I'd appreciate some feedback and tips just in case I'm doing anything wrong as I'm not the greatest at building characters for RPGs as I just do my own thing and see where that gets me. I'd also appreciate that spoilers are kept at a minimum as I am legitimately playing this blind and have little to no clue what's going to occur during the game and I wanted experience the game as it plays out.

    submitted by /u/jmfindorff
    [link] [comments]

    Just got Diablo III

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say I really like it. I've always gotten a satisfied feel when I play a game and mow groups of enemies down (as sociopathic as that may sound) I'm playing necromancer and his abilities are awesome (if not a little broken) I look forward to playing it more.

    submitted by /u/ruddoge44
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished playing Diablo 1 for the first time ever.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    I finally managed to get around to finishing Diablo 1. I've tried playing it a few times within the past 20 years and yet I couldn't get myself to finish it since I kept getting sidetracked and would forget about it. After remembering I had my dad's copy of the game on cd in my room a few days ago, I immediately installed it and got it working properly on Windows 10, which took little effort at all. After playing it a few hours at a time for the past few days, I managed to get to dungeon level 16 as a warrior and defeat Diablo for the first time which I didn't find too hard. In the end, it was fun as "Hell", and now I might continue on to Diablo 2.

    submitted by /u/jmfindorff
    [link] [comments]

    North America - Looking for 1-2 players to do conquests (bosses+cursed chest) on ps4 id:pdowgg

    Posted: 13 May 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Trying to finish the season journey

    submitted by /u/Pdowgg
    [link] [comments]

    What QoL changes would you actually *like* to see in Diablo 2: Resurrected?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    Like I think the ones we don't want is fairly obvious and discussed to death in the comments of any post that mentions it, like no Paragon system, but what improvements/changes would you be OK with seeing, or better yet actually welcome to a Diablo 2 Remaster?

    submitted by /u/aragonaut
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Wanderer Cosplay at Comic Con Russia 2019

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Power level 70 [Switch D3]

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Title says it all, if anyone is available on switch and is HC Seasonal drop me your code and we can group so I can power level up fast. Currently paragon 450 so as I get up in levels I won't be complete dead weight.

    submitted by /u/JKill17
    [link] [comments]

    For Diablo 3,when does unique looking armor start dropping? I'm level 52, and while I love the game being unable to hoard (or for that matter find) uniques is starting to kill it for me.

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Hello again, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but when do non dupe armor (also off hands because the hearts, and blue vials get old) start dropping ? I'm enjoying everything so far but I love customization more than anything else and the lack of potential new options is getting a little annoying.

    submitted by /u/PandaKingDee
    [link] [comments]

    Podcast Episode 99: Diablo 2 Resurrection

    Posted: 13 May 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Enemy's attack animation + damage out of sync?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    Is this just me? I started playing a character with high damage, but its currently fairly squishy because I had to sacrifice some stats to achieve the damage I needed - only because I lack the ancient/legendary gear required. (That, and its kind of a hit-and-run high damage build anyway)

    That's aside the point.

    Some enemies' attacks, especially elites, will just kill you straight up without any warning at all. I've noticed the animation for the attack that you die from comes later. Or maybe I'm missing something, or maybe not?

    It would be nice if there was a damage report feature somewhere, so I could find out the details of exactly WHY I'm dying. Was it elemental damage, physical, which damage type am I dying from more, and from which enemy? This information could be vital to understanding how to adapt my build ot my play-style but unfortunately I don't see it in the game.

    I put myself in a room with only one elite left, and I did this intentionally killing everything else. I wanted to see what attacks he was using, and when I died relative to his attacks. I noticed he threw electric balls, and ice beam, in addition to your standard ground effects elites use (poison, ice balls, arcane sentry, etc).

    On a few occasions, I noticed that as I ran back and forth at the speed of GOD at a fair distance from him (so I can watch for his projectiles and see what he's actually DOING), I noticed that I just randomly, sometimes, exploded. Just 100% to death. I didn't see any sort of attack at all, he was at a distance, and so it wasn't some kind of melee action I didn't quite see. I just died. No animation.

    Well, there was actually. A second or so later I noticed an attack that went to where I was, some kind of expertly tracking attack, I guess. You know, to make sure the AI has a fair chance at hitting a player who's galloping on a horse faster than they should be able to keep track of, but whatever :p

    Could it be lag? Possibly.

    I put myself in a room with some arches to make sure, and I let them hit me. I tended to take damage right as the arrow arrived at my body, indicating that there's not really much of a latency/lag issue, or communicating with the server.

    So unless there's something I'm missing, I've come to the conclusion that some enemies just simply kill you without you ever being able to see why, or know through some kind of report, what damage type is *actually killing you*.

    This isn't a rant or venting or me being frustrated, this is me seeing a problem, and trying to figure it out. I'm curious if anyone else knows something about this. Because if this is an actual thing, I'd be great for it to be patched out. Its not really fair from a gameplay mechanic perspective to be hit by something that you can't clearly see.

    submitted by /u/AndurilWielder
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Diablo II in 2020

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Hello there. With D2 Remaster rumors around I've decided I wanna play some D2 again. I played it around 13-15 years ago when I was perhaps 10 years old. Right now I want to experience this game again, and I'm aware it will probably feel very different, but I want to do it anyway. I've got some questions on aforementioned topic. Where can I buy my D2 copy (with LoD expansion)? Should I use any mods? Will it work properly on modern computer? Where I can find guides how to progress my character, how to farm items, how to build my character? All I remember is farming Meph with my frost (?) sorc for hours everyday in hope of getting something useful. I even once bought some Ist runes from a friend and build Hammerdin (my favourite build of them all). I appreciate any of your tips on that matter. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/assek18
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Loot Wednesday - 05/13/20

    Posted: 13 May 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to week 398 of the Weekly Loot Wednesday thread!

    Have you found something an item so amazing that you can't help but share it? Maybe you found a perfect trifecta Ring of Royal Grandeur, or a Wand of Woh with a socket, but there was no one to see it? Post your awesome loot here, so you can enjoy the fame (and upvotes)! Be sure to check back regularly to see what amazing items others may have found. Show support for this and point people here as this will help keep "look what I found" post from clogging up the front page. Also please consider sorting by new to see what new things people have posted!


    Tips:

    • When posting an image, make sure you crop it and use imgur for the best quality and upvotes.

    • Show the item's stat ranges by holding Ctrl when taking a screenshot.


    If you have any suggestions for this thread or any other ideas, please message the mods.

    submitted by /u/GharbadTheWeak
    [link] [comments]

    Last update on Lost Ark reminds a lot of these new images of Blizzard North's Diablo 3

    Posted: 13 May 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    Claimed season rewards (on xbox 1) but they havent shown up anywhere. Can anyone help?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    As title says.. claimed the rewards on the season journey page. Says they have been claimed but can't find them anywhere, playing on xbox 1.

    submitted by /u/devils30
    [link] [comments]

    Paragon carry over after season, Question.

    Posted: 13 May 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    So I am Paragon level (1094) for my non seasonal & I am paragon level (1828) for my seasonal character. After the season is over, what paragon level will I be then? I don't completely understand the carry over people say something about experience being carried over but not paragon levels.

    submitted by /u/4Za_ForzaRacer
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo "Darkest Dungeon" inspired spinoff idea

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    Just had an idea of a cool spinoff game that could bring characters down to earth a bit, make the gameplay more methodical, gritty, and increase stakes.

    It may sound silly at first, but I'm feeling it could have some cool potential - what if you took a role of a caravan merchant (maybe someone similar to or Gheed himself) trying to build trade routes throughout sanctuary during those 20 years between D3 and D4?

    Through your journeys, you are hiring mercenaries to fulfill difficult tasks. Mercenaries include: Barbarians, Sorcerers, Necromancers, Paladins, Druids, Rogues/Amazons, Assassins and etc. All mercenaries come with different limited skillsets, but you can adjust them by improving your caravan. Same mercenaries can contribute by looking after food storage, alcohol, medical stations, entertainment and etc.

    Each town or settlement may have different needs of defending, fending starvation or settling inside corruption.

    You plan your next steps and missions by the caravan bonfire resembling d2 character selection and you choose a character that goes out to either collect something, scout area or defeat a certain obstacle/enemy.

    In the mission, you control the ragtag group (similar to what we saw in D4 cinematic) of selected Two mercenaries (both can be controlled in local co-op) you may have a second mercenary controlled by UI and switch between them tactically. There is also a chance to meet others online - may be similar to something they are working out for D4.

    If your mercenaries die on a mission, they are actually dead. Nevertheless, your progress with them is not completely lost, because you can still send others to retrieve items they lost back to the hellhole where the previous character went, but then you have to defeat possessed corpse of the comrade you may have spent quite a bit of time together.

    There may be a mechanic that also lets you execute exorcism, but the retrieved character may be damaged for a while. Getting it back to where he was may consume a lot of resources, so you have to weight if it is worth keeping it or just send him to a madhouse or something.

    You are always a few steps behind evil and struggling to get through each day. The difficulty of the game rewards smart plays and custom scenarios build personal relationships and stories about the characters.

    Hope you like the idea. I don't expect to see anything like that in the future, but I felt it was really capturing the essence of D2 and worth just writing it down.

    submitted by /u/Divine__Comedy
    [link] [comments]

    Noob Help

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    I recently bought the Diablo Collection on PS4. I am brand new to the Diablo series. I'm a level 30 wizard in Act 2. I'm wondering if there's major parts of the game that the game itself won't reveal to me. I started the game and went to the campaign and that's it. I see there is a seasonal mode? When i look basic things up online i get good answers but i also see a lot of things i'm not familiar with yet. Reading online it seems like you are supposed to be able to get through the whole campaign extremely quickly, i understand the game is very easy at expert but i seem to be progressing like any normal game instead of in a couple hours. Any advice helps!

    submitted by /u/UTKGeegog
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment