• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Diablo Good Helltooth Garg Substitutions?

    Diablo Good Helltooth Garg Substitutions?


    Good Helltooth Garg Substitutions?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:05 PM PST

    I've only been playing this game a little over a week, but I just finished my seasonal WD build going Helltooth Gargantuan using this guide. I was just wondering if there were any changes that you guys have found for this build that makes grift pushing easier or just otherwise a little better. The only difference I made from this build is using fierce loyalty instead of grave injustice because I like moving fast.

    submitted by /u/Crawlzzz to r/Diablo3witchdoctors
    [link] [comments]

    Ice Wizard Build

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:44 PM PST

    So, I'm somewhat new to this reddit thread. I've been seeing a lot of people posting about the cookie cutter builds and how they've been problematic to play. And, to be fair, I did have a post about BOTP vs BOTS because I didn't understand how BOTS could be better as it was ONLY useful vs the Grift Guardian. And, there aren't a lot of YouTube guides out there for wizards because they're not pushing the overall leaderboards this season. It's all monks, barbs and crusaders. So, I worked on creating a non-meta build. I have two – one of them is the regular Tal Rasha Meteor Channeling build – which I broke down in detail in a previous string. Right now, I can hit a GR106 with that build (non-push), but I have ALWAYS wanted to do a cold wizard build. I played the DMO Frozen Orb build years ago when it was viable, but now it isn't as much fun. Using some of the gear I picked up while leveling my Tal Rasha build, I was able to create a pretty powerful LOD build which I call the Ice Wizard. Here's the build:

    https://www.d3planner.com/633064386

    Play Style: This is build is SOOOOOOO much FUN!!!! And it's EASY to play. Essentially you just hold Ray of Frost and cast Meteor (Comet rune) every 2 seconds. Make sure your follower has the Oculus Ring and the Ess of Johan equipped. The idea is to be constantly freezing and slowing your enemies using Ray of Frost (Numb rune), buffed by your Frostburn. Every enemy that is slowed procs Bane of the Trapped (BOT). And your Etched Sigil is constantly casting meteor, which also slow everybody they hit – also proccing BOT. And YOU are also casting meteor. A LOT. And every meteor you cast procs area damage AND BOT – plus, the further away they are the more damage they take from Zei's. PLUS I run the Power Hungry rune, so everything 30 yards or more takes 30% more damage. Consequently, I also run the Audacity Rune on the amulet so everything near me takes 30% more damage as well. Essentially you want to spray everybody with Ray of Frost, slowing them, and be bombing them with meteors in between. The further enemies are away, the better off you'll be. If things get dicey, teleport (wormhole) will get you out of trouble. Also use teleport to get distance from the pesky elites and turn around and hit them from distance so Zei's can do damage.

    The strengths of the build: Everything synergizes. My gear is NOT perfect, I do need to re-roll some stuff, but it's pretty strong. It's not squishy at all because Ray of Frost makes for a nice defensive buffer. I chose Familiar because I need an arcane generator. Arcane on crit on the source is a must – because I crit a lot. Astral Presence passive is another arcane generator. The more arcane I have, the more I can cast meteor – which is expensive even with all of the cost reduction provided by the Grand Vizier. And my resource needs to stay above 90% for Aquila Cuirass to be effective. The build hits EXTREMELY hard. It routinely crits for over 100 trillion when the COE hits the cold rotation. It does well on a lot of maps because meteor has tremendous range. It's somewhat mobile as well, although it does not possess the mobility of someone using Aether Walker. It CAN take hits. You don't have to be perfect (at least not through GR103). The damage mitigation provided by the Blood Bracers/Halo of Karini/Storm Armor/Galvanizing Wand combo is significant – enough to offset the loss of toughness done by Squirt's Necklace. Speaking of Squirts Necklace, because you're playing a distance game, you rarely take a lot of damage – so that 100% damage bonus is practically always up.

    The weaknesses of the build: Let me open by saying I despise Bane of the Stricken (BOTS). I've seen people run it and I've run it myself and while it does make the Grift guardian a joke, it makes the rest of the level so hard. I run Bane of the Powerful (BOTP) on my other wizard and that's…fine. At GR106 BOTP was a bit lukewarm. So, I did my research and found that Zei's is actually pretty nice vs BOTS. It has utility throughout the Grift and it hurts the Grift guardian. Now, as you may have guessed, you can't get the full utility out of Zei's if you and the Grift guardian are in a tight space. Some maps just flat out suck BUT as long it's at least a big room, Zei's will still work. And when the COE cold rotation hits, the Grift Guardian takes it in the shorts (I have watched a Grift 103 guardian lose 60% of his life in a few seconds when COE cold rotation comes around AND I'm at distance). But, overall, fighting the Grift Guardian can be tricky but it isn't hard, you just can't face tank him. You have to avoid his attacks and play smart. This build does well against nearly all of the Grift guardians, if you have some room to operate. The build is also weak against the mortar affix because that affix hits very hard and it has a lot of range. It can also hit you if you're standing upstairs from the enemy – which is a problem because normally the build can hit enemies that are downstairs without worry. The final enemy that his killed me a few times is the Charger elite. Because the Charger can begin his charge off screen and I'm trying to be at the other edge of the screen, he can rush into the screen and hit me before I see him. It doesn't happen often, but if you run this build and you see the Charger – Ray of Frost liberally. It should freeze him before he can start his charge.

    Flexibility: This is NOT a cookie cutter build. Although I run the build like this, it doesn't have to be built this way. Someone else might trade crit hit damage for area damage. Someone may roll of cold damage for straight damage. I run Cold damage and high crit damage because those work on the Grift guardian (and they're constant) – but I could be wrong. You could easily roll off Astral Presence if you don't have a problem staying above 90% resource for some other passive. I run Squirts in the Cube, but someone else might run Flavor of Time. I did test Flavor of Time and Squirts edged it out in my opinion because not all maps give power pylons in good spots. Overwhelming Desire is also a good choice and I ran that for a long time, but Squirts just hits harder. There are a lot of things to play with here. I JUST added the Hellfire Amulet a few days ago to get the 5th passive.

    Anyway, as a casual but experienced Diablo player I wanted to throw up a non-meta build guide. If I figure out how I might post a video of the build in action. While this is NOT a starter build, and it can be a challenge to gear, if you've been playing a build similar to this (like I was) it's pretty fun because I already had most of the gear. Hopefully it will encourage other wizard players to post their non-meta builds on the thread.

    submitted by /u/cgscreenwriter309 to r/Diablo3Wizards
    [link] [comments]

    Which AoV weapon would you use?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:22 PM PST

    Been using the Golden Scourge for a very long time. Just got this primal Pig Sticker. Is the .21 AS better than 20% Holy?

    https://imgur.com/a/9TCU7cB

    submitted by /u/Hyperd0g to r/Diablo3Crusaders
    [link] [comments]

    monk Hardcore EP 3 : talking about youtube gaming channels while being one...

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:31 PM PST

    Seismic Slam vs Leap/Quake

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:04 PM PST

    Hi,

    might be a stupid question but seeing that both are based on the Might of the Earth, one with focus on Slam and the other on Quake (and both use Leap?):

    • What are the actual differences (nuances)?
    • Which is better (GR potential)?
    • Which is „smoother" and more fun to play?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/_krck_ to r/Diablo3Barbarians
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:55 PM PST

    What do I do now I got power leveled from 31 to 70 in 20 mins. so what do I do now that I reached LVL 70 (I'm in act II of the campaign)

    submitted by /u/AntimatterPvP to r/Diablo3Monks
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Consolidated Gear Advice Thread

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 08:05 AM PST

    To reduce clutter on this subreddit, please post your gear check questions in this thread only.

    Please note that independent gear check threads will be deleted with a note to copy/paste that gear check here.

    In order for others to provide useful feedback on your gearcheck, you MUST include the following information:

    • Your desired build

    • A link to your battle.net profile

    • A description or screenshot of how your paragon points are spent

    • A description of your what you want to accomplish with the gearcheck - e.g. your goals and/or problems - a grift difficulty level, ubers, a specific build or playstyle, etc.

    • An in-game screenshot of your stats with the details tab open is recommended, but not required - if we can see your dps, toughness, all resist, armor, hp, cc, cd, etc. as you see it in-game, it's easier for us to help you.

      If you use printscreen and paste, it will show your desktop. But if you use printscreen and go into your Documents/Diablo III/Screenshots folder, you will find the in-game screenshot.

    ANY post that does not include this information may not receive a response.

    In addition, if you haven't done so already, take a look at the guides in our sidebar. Many of your questions will have been answered there.

    Thank you, and may your sentries clear a path to victory!

    Please note: The consolidated gear check posts are created every week (Tuesday) at approximately 2 PM GMT (7 AM Eastern)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator to r/Diablo3DemonHunters
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment